CM finally getting MB & FP+ privileges

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2014/10/disney-cast-members-to-make-advance-fp.html?m=1

After almost an entire year, Disney Cast Members will finally be able to make advance FastPass+ selections from the convenience of their homes, just like most of the Guests visiting the parks every day. George A. Kalogridis, president of the Walt Disney World Resort, officially announced the news internally through a short video with details on how Cast Members may soon enjoy the features of MyMagic+ when visiting the parks as Guests.

Beginning October 20, 2014, will be able to link their Main Entrance Pass and all of their Guest Passes to their MyMagic+ profile. Upon completing this process, they'll be able to make FastPass+ selections for them and their Guests (optional) up to seven days in advance.

In addition to that, all Central Florida Cast Members will be eligible to receive one complimentary MagicBand. To receive it, they will need to customize it and order their own MagicBand on MyDisneyExperience.com by December 31, 2014. The MagicBand will then be sent to their homes in a special commemorative box. Cast Members will be able to use it interchangeably with their Main Entrance Pass for theme park admission and FastPass+ redemption.

Not to complain, but we still cannot use the full features of mymagic+. CMs will not be able to use the mobile app to utilize mymagic+ features such as making and changing FP+ selections. CMs must use the full site through their home computers or utilize the kiosks around the parks.

There is also no mention on how many FP selections CMs can hold at one time. I am hoping it is at least equal to AP holders but no mention was made.

If you have a smart phone, could you acess the page from the browser on your phone? While not as easy as the app, it's better than a kiosk?

Hopefully things change and work out better for the CM's.

You can use the full site from your smart device but it's a pain.

Not that it makes any difference to me, the video that appeared on "The HUB" yesterday afternoon giving the details said that the app would be available to CMs soon.

I have to believe that CMs will get the same amount of FPs as guests.

Maybe I'll finally get to do TSM.

Lou, they also said a year ago that Mymagic+ would be available to CMs soon.

Not to complain, but we still cannot use the full features of mymagic+. CMs will not be able to use the mobile app to utilize mymagic+ features such as making and changing FP+ selections. CMs must use the full site through their home computers or utilize the kiosks around the parks.

There is also no mention on how many FP selections CMs can hold at one time. I am hoping it is at least equal to AP holders but no mention was made.

I think it's pretty crummy on Disney's part that CM's can't use any part of the system now.

The only reason I can think of that they've been dragging their feet is that the system can't handle the additional thousands of CM's who will use it.  The fact that they aren't going to let you use the App suggests that they know the App doesn't work and can't possible handle the additional volume.

A Billion and a half dollars sure didn't get them a very good system.

TCD

They claim it was a programming issue. Because CMs have 4 or 5 tickets to link, some of which are blocked out at certain times of the year, and used by different people everytime, they had to figure out how to track it all in the system and talk to the backend system to use the entitlements properly.

Example: If a CM uses just their maingate, it does not count towards our entries for the year. If a guest pass is used, the CMs maingate must be used as well at the same time. The guest pass use is then marked as an entry on our yearly quota.

The tickets on mydisneyexperience are linked to a specific person. The CMs guest passes are not so they had to figure out how to make this all properly work while still allowing all the other features of MyMagic+.

They were more focused on the guest side to worry about us CMs.

They were more focused on the guest side to worry about us CMs.

Well, they haven't done such a great job with that.

I didn't think about all the variables you mentioned.  I wish them luck with figuring out how to make that work.  There are still lots of problems on the guest side that haven't been resolved.

Maybe another Billion is needed.

Why not?  They can always raise ticket prices, and hold off on giving CM raises.

TCD

Well, they haven't done such a great job with that.

According to what George Kalogridis, the WDW prez, said on the video yesterday, things are just fine with MyMagic+.

And now that all of the bugs have been worked out, ok, he didn't really say that, they can add CMs to it,..... kinda.

And of course as a dedicated and loyal CM, I believe every word he says.

Long standby lines for rides that never had lines before. I think its awesome.

I know it so much fun. Not to mention all the time you have to spend trying to set up your rides.

Yup, and don't forget that great App.  If you can't make your FP+ return time, just hop right on there and change it to whatever time you want. Like magic!  So awesome!

Oh, and isn't it great how last week nobody had to wait in a long standby line for Toy Story Midway Mania?

TCD

I know it so much fun.

Guest satisfaction is on a roll.

don't forget that great App. 

just hop right on there and change it to whatever time you want.

Like magic!  So awesome!

isn't it great how last week nobody had to wait in a long standby line

There you have it, in TCD's own words. He just can't say enough nice things about MyMagic+.