I completely agree with you. And I have no problem breaking that rule but some people might disagree since it clearly says the kids menu is for guests 9 hrs old and under.

However, at Disney I've asked if I can get a kids meal since I was not very hungry and I was told, "Of course.  The age is to describe who that amount would be suitable for."  Don't know if that was true or not, but they said it is OK. 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I for one find this appalling. Does it happen? Yes.....Is it OK? Not at all. You are knowingly "stealing" from a company. Its like saying Marvel made 1.3 million on a movie, so its OK to record the sh

I do this myself since my wife often accuses me of acting like a 2 yr old

Dear, It's Ok,.   If the in-laws are that strapped financially that they can't afford the extra ticket you should be chipping in for the trip...   Prudence.   This kind of "s---" burns my rear.

This is in the same vein as what many folks are complaining about outsiders coming to the Fort to Trick or Treat. I honestly don't care!!!  I love having lots of trick or treaters. It makes the evening fun!!! We live in a neighborhood with NO trick or treaters, and Rick LOVES handing out to the kids. So that's why we really make it a point to be here over Halloween!!

Our neighborhood has aged out of Trick or Treaters. We still buy a bag in the event we get some visitors, usually get a few, but most of the neighbors have stopped. Halloween just isn't as fun without the kids coming by.  :-[

Our neighborhood has aged out of Trick or Treaters. We still buy a bag in the event we get some visitors, usually get a few, but most of the neighbors have stopped. Halloween just isn't as fun without the kids coming by.  :-[

We stayed home last year... didn't go out with daughter and granddaughter, and we have maybe 15-20 kids, and most of them were old enough to shave.

Keith, if you miss the fun of little ones trick or treating, are there any churches/organizations in your area doing Trunk or Treats where you could join in on the fun?

We definitely do not get "our money's worth" at WDW.  Our kids can do very few attractions.  We spend a lot of time in lines because we refuse to over schedule our vacation.  We stop at several eating places.  We get our money's worth in soaking up the atmosphere, people watching and seeing our kids enjoy what they can.  Would we like to see a reduced admission price for limited access?  Absolutely.  Could our son slip in as a 9 and under?  Not in many years.  Would he back then?  Maybe, if the birthday was close.  (Flame On!)

And I hesitate to vote on the Halloween thing.  The large kids who come around are likely not from our neighborhood, and carloads of various sized kids are not also.  But where do they come from and what are the conditions around their homes?  If parents are trying to make a safe holiday enjoyable for their kids, I'm all for it.  If they are just trying to fill a pillowcase with treats, then I'm more reluctant.

But would you order off of the kids meal for yourself?

Why?  It is not necessary.  I like food.  Most of the kids' menus are too bland.   :)

But, to answer your question without kidding around, I don't give it a thought.  I order from the adult menu.

Please don't get me wrong, I am not a saint.  I do things to save money.  However, I try to stay as honest as possible.

Pot stirrer!!!

And using your logic I would say yes it's ok.

I personally think they should charge based on rides the kids can ride. If your three year old is on the short side he or she didn't magically change the day they turned 3.

Height would probably be a better way. Honestly, if Disney was worried this is a big problem, they'd do that. 

I've got to believe those questions are being written by someone at the newspaper for purely entertainment value.  

After reading both questions, I agree. 

My 2 cents is that it's different because Disney doesn't put an age limit on who can order a kids meal, and you're still paying for the food.  I don't think Disney really cares who eats the food as long as it's paid for.

As opposed to lying to avoid paying an admission.

X2

Disney actually does put a age limit on their kids meal. The menus clear state that the kids picks are for guest 9 years old and younger. But we know that this rule is not enforced.

I don't remember that, but even so, you're paying for the food you consume.  Not the same as sneaking in a kid.  JMO. 

What I've been saying all along is that we all have certain rules we don't like and will break.

Me personally. I break the rule that says "for guests ages 9 and under". I have no problem walking up to a CS restaurant and saying "I" would like a xxxx kids meal. But Im still breaking Disney's rule. Without getting into a debate about it let me just say that everyone has to decide for themselves where the line is they won't cross.

imagejpg1_zpsdf99840b.jpg

One comment about adults ordering off the kid's menu - we always asked at sit down restaurants at Disney and there was never any hesitation - no problem. I do wish that more companies recognized seniors and offered them smaller portions, also.

I agree, me and DW can never eat anywhere near the amount of food that comes on most meals.  For that reason we split a meal wherever it is permitted to do so and we have never had any trouble doing this at Disney anywhere we have dined.  It may not be permitted everywhere, but we have never been denied at any Disney restaurant and have been to most all of them.

As for the original question about lying about a child's age for admission purposes, or any other purpose, a Christian has no choice to make--anything but the complete truth is a lie.