As always, love your beautiful pictures, especially the ones of the flowers in that last update.

We were in WDW that weekend and that Saturday was COLD, and I'm from the northeast! We ended up going to Walmart to buy some extra layers to wear to Epcot that night. I will be looking for myself in your pictures, haha.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello, all, to my latest trip report.  It will start slowly and take some time to complete, but eventually we will get to the end.   First of all, thank you for reading along and especially for commen

Wednesday, October 15 -- The Day the Rain Stopped -- Part 1   It was still raining this morning, so I changed our FP+s to the afternoon.  Went to the Trading Post and purchased our refillable mugs.  I

Wednesday, October 15 -- The Day the Rain Stopped -- Part 2   Our next FP was for BTMRR.             Is that ride getting rougher, or are we just getting older and more sensitive?   As we left th

I got behind with my trip report reading, but just caught up.

You have posted a bunch more excellent photos.  Thanks for the golf cart parade photos and for identifying the winners.  They all did a great job.

And, I'm glad you posted that photo of the window from the "Where in the World" thread. It was bugging me that I couldn't guess that one.  The interesting thing I've noticed since it that there are a lot of windows around WDW like that.   They are in several places around New Fantasyland, including the Dwarfs' cottage on the Mine Train ride, and Gaston's Tavern.  And, they have windows like that in Germany at Epcot as well.

TCD

Thank you!

I had no idea those windows were in other locations either.  I've looked through my photos and can't find them at Gaston's or Germany.    Where are they?

Thanks for posting the winners of the parade. They're amazing! I can't wait to see that in person next year.

Yes, they are amazing.  Some of these people had to spend countless hours preparing for the parade.

As always, love your beautiful pictures, especially the ones of the flowers in that last update.

We were in WDW that weekend and that Saturday was COLD, and I'm from the northeast! We ended up going to Walmart to buy some extra layers to wear to Epcot that night. I will be looking for myself in your pictures, haha.

Thank you!  Wish we'd been able to meet!  Saturday night was so cold, and Sunday wasn't much better.  I packed everything from sleeveless tanks to my heaviest winter coat.  Thought I was prepared for everything ... but I forgot to pack gloves.  The ones David bought me will stay in the motorhome.

I had no idea those windows were in other locations either.  I've looked through my photos and can't find them at Gaston's or Germany.    Where are they?

The windows with the circle feature are on the windows of Gaston's Tavern as you walk back toward the restrooms there.  I think they have those windows on the gift shop across the way too.

In Germany, the windows on the caramel shop are made like this as well.

TCD

The windows with the circle feature are on the windows of Gaston's Tavern as you walk back toward the restrooms there.  I think they have those windows on the gift shop across the way too.

In Germany, the windows on the caramel shop are made like this as well.

TCD

I have no idea why I haven't noticed the windows on Gaston's Tavern.

But in Germany I never visit the caramel shop.

Thanks for the info!

One more update to finish up November 1.

Saturday, November 1 -- The Day I Went on Medicare -- Part 3

And finally it was time for our "Fort Feast" at Carol and Rick's site!

It was so cold even before the sun went down.  I had leggings on under my jeans and a shirt with a sweater over it.  Before the evening was over I also put on my heavy winter coat and gloves!

_DSC6066_zps139721b0.jpg

_DSC6067_zpse52d9df2.jpg

_DSC6068_zpsc2961d3f.jpg

_DSC6071_zpsb4b4b4dc.jpg

_DSC6073_zps90bbeee9.jpg

_DSC6074_zps7ca1dba9.jpg

We had some great food:

_DSC6075_zps42c58185.jpg

_DSC6076_zpsfe621576.jpg

_DSC6078_zpse64103ff.jpg

_DSC6079_zpse3f6f656.jpg

_DSC6081_zpsfdf0e68c.jpg

_DSC6082_zps30620085.jpg

_DSC6083_zpsd250cb77.jpg

_DSC6084_zpsc72f9d83.jpg

_DSC6086_zpsca524e8e.jpg

_DSC6087_zpsd00883d3.jpg

We were a small group with big appetites!  We had a great time as always.  And it's always such a treat to meet more fiends.

Sunday, November 2 -- The Day We Said Goodbye to EPCOT -- Part 1

We cooked breakfast in, got ready, and headed to the Outpost.  We were bundled up against the chill.

This was the scene at the hitch/unhitch area (as shot through the dirty golf cart window):

_DSC6088_zps1f985ee7.jpg

_DSC6091_zps3f8999a2.jpg

_DSC6092_zps0d1e97af.jpg

So many people parked there waiting to get in!

And why did Disney need this big light in the grassy area on the right?

_DSC6093_zpsf32999d9.jpg

There was a steady stream of people leaving:

_DSC6094_zpsde726b90.jpg

_DSC6095_zps077951f7.jpg

We made it to EPCOT and again went counter-clockwise.

_DSC6099_zps025ad9a2.jpg

_DSC6101_zpse4e6b5e4.jpg

_DSC6102_zps4980bf6c.jpg

_DSC6103_zps289e16ad.jpg

_DSC6104_zps365f3940.jpg

_DSC6105_zps5ffe3247.jpg

Our first F&WF stop was France.  David was somewhere in this mob of people:

_DSC6111_zps8b93e1a4.jpg

And I waited over here:

_DSC6108_zpsdffd1a18.jpg

I was trying to get an artsy shot of the fountain, but it didn't turn out as well as I hoped:

_DSC6115_zpsc0ac7f69.jpg

Our food -- we both got the Beef Bourguinon, and we split a glass of Cabernet Sauvignon, Bordeaux, Chateau Bonnet.  This was a very good stop!

_DSC6112_zpsd7681f96.jpg

Tiny rant here.  I saw way too many people every day looking like this:

_DSC6114_zps37690868.jpg

We walked/rode on to:

_DSC6132_zps55f12bea.jpg

And there I had the one really tasteless dish I experienced at F&WF:

_DSC6117_zps669c8573.jpg

It was the Filetto di Pollo, con Funghi al Marsala - Chicken Tenderloin, Cremini Mushrooms, Marsala Sauce, Ciabatta Bread.

Yuk.  If just had some salt and pepper, it would have been better.  As it was, just yuk!

David got Ravioli alla Caprese:

_DSC6118_zpsae3d6c5f.jpg

His dish was better than mine, even though it was nothing to brag about.

The best part of this stop was the Chianti:

_DSC6119_zps469485ba.jpg

This picture took several tries to get just right:

_DSC6128_zps98d81c19.jpg

We walked/rode the rest of the way around WS and headed toward the entrance.  Of course we had to make one last stop at MouseGears.

_DSC6136_zps69f99b29.jpg

_DSC6138_zps1fce0344.jpg

_DSC6140_zpsaa057187.jpg

_DSC6141_zps6b81eb4e.jpg

_DSC6143_zpsa363f564.jpg

_DSC6146_zpsfe67d1df.jpg

Goodbye, EPCOT!

Sunday, November 2 -- The Day We Said Goodbye to EPCOT -- Part 2

Okay, I may need some help here!  I said earlier I would post pictures of the path to get from the Outpost to the 700 loop, but my memory is getting a little fuzzy.

Once leaving, head toward the hitch/unhitch area.

_DSC6147_zpsab6b540f.jpg

_DSC6150_zpsf87ab6f6.jpg

_DSC6151_zpsf34b75bc.jpg

When you get to the area of the four-way stop, cross the street and turn LEFT.  That was my big mistake the first day.

_DSC6152_zps7d23eda7.jpg

Shortly you will cross the other road:

_DSC6153_zps9c590375.jpg

Then when you get here, take a right:

_DSC6154_zps9f794eb7.jpg

Cross the road again and head toward the Meadow Trading Post.

_DSC6155_zpsec3db9e0.jpg

_DSC6157_zps59fcbea2.jpg

Cross the parking lot and ride along this fence.  Turn right when you get to the street and continue to follow the sidewalk to the entrance to your loop.

_DSC6156_zpsa7406c5d.jpg

We really enjoyed dinner at Trail's End that evening.  Got there right when it opened and tried to take pics of all the food. 

_DSC6158_zps417453d0.jpg

_DSC6159_zps275c77c9.jpg

_DSC6160_zps8c3774b0.jpg

_DSC6161_zpsaa3ad113.jpg

_DSC6162_zpsb76ef274.jpg

And that's as far as I got.  It was so busy that night, and people started crowding in front of me.

Anyway, here's my food:

_DSC6163_zps258694c4.jpg

_DSC6164_zps22881a78.jpg

_DSC6165_zpscbe3bd09.jpg

_DSC6166_zpsf72b5ced.jpg

_DSC6167_zps670ef11b.jpg

It was a great meal.  But can you guess the best part?  It was our dinner companions!

JeanAnnandKennyFORWEB_zps5c922c25.jpg

It's Okieatheart -- Jean Ann and her husband Kenny!

_DSC6170_zps29df83a9.jpg

We had such a great time with them.

Later that evening we received a disturbing phone call from Aunt Jo.  We were 36 hours from leaving the fort, but we were wondering if we'd need to stay in Florida longer than planned ...

Tiny rant here.  I saw way too many people every day looking like this:

_DSC6114_zps37690868.jpg

Oh goodness I know... why is that!?  When I'm out and about, I spend half the time thinking, "that is way too short (skirt)" or "way too low (shirt)".  It hurts my heart to see people dressing with such little respect for themselves.  The boys/men who wear the pants hanging of their tush so that you see most (if not all) of their boxers... what is that?!  How can it be comfortable to walk around holding up your pants? 

Bailey is almost 8, but she's a tall 8 year old and so far I've done most of her shopping at Gymboree however, in another year of so she'll be too big for that store so I've started to look around and oh my goodness...most of what's out there I wouldn't let her wear if she was 16, let alone 9 or 10.  I was telling Tom the other day that I was going to have to learn how to sew or our child was going to be naked because I was not dressing her in what was out there.  Thankfully Land's End has some nice clothing that will work well until she's about 12 (maybe past that, I just haven't looked).  

Anyway... your rant is my rant.  I'm right there with you.

Fiends and food! What a great time! 

Crack is not good. I teach high school where crack is prevalent. 

I've never eaten dinner at Trail's End. I enjoy breakfast and lunch but have never done dinner. My family can't even eat a whole GAG, so I don't think we'd get our money's worth. 

Wow, what a mess there was along Fort Wilderness Way that morning.  I still don't understand why this is happening.  The Fort has been around for 40+ years, and the overflow lot has been adequate all that time.  But now we have this? I don't get it.  I've been there on all the busy holidays, and I've seen guests have to use the grassy area by the old kennel to park, but I've never seen them use the open areas around the hitch/unhitch area for parking.  But, it's happening more and more lately.

It's funny that you disliked that chicken dish from Italy.  That was one of our favorites this year, and we got it several times.  Maybe you just got a dud order?

You did a great job with the photos showing the path from the Outpost.  The reason the path winds as much as it does is that several segments of it are poured on top of the old FWRR tracks.

Those photos of you and the Okieathearts in Trail's End are great!

TCD

Oh goodness I know... why is that!?  When I'm out and about, I spend half the time thinking, "that is way too short (skirt)" or "way too low (shirt)".  It hurts my heart to see people dressing with such little respect for themselves.  The boys/men who wear the pants hanging of their tush so that you see most (if not all) of their boxers... what is that?!  How can it be comfortable to walk around holding up your pants? 

Bailey is almost 8, but she's a tall 8 year old and so far I've done most of her shopping at Gymboree however, in another year of so she'll be too big for that store so I've started to look around and oh my goodness...most of what's out there I wouldn't let her wear if she was 16, let alone 9 or 10.  I was telling Tom the other day that I was going to have to learn how to sew or our child was going to be naked because I was not dressing her in what was out there.  Thankfully Land's End has some nice clothing that will work well until she's about 12 (maybe past that, I just haven't looked).  

Anyway... your rant is my rant.  I'm right there with you.

Glad to have some company!

I sympathize with your clothing situation.  We had a tall daughter too.  My biggest problem was her shoes.  When she was in 6th grade she wore a women's 6 AAAA shoe.  The only selections available in that size were high heels.  So she wore lace-ups with multiple layers of socks to keep them on.  As an adult she wears a 9 AAAA and still wears lots of socks.  

Fiends and food! What a great time! 

Crack is not good. I teach high school where crack is prevalent. 

I've never eaten dinner at Trail's End. I enjoy breakfast and lunch but have never done dinner. My family can't even eat a whole GAG, so I don't think we'd get our money's worth. 

Don'tcha just want to pull all those pants up?

You should try dinner at Trail's End.  It's really good.  I think we'll start eating less breakfasts and more dinners there.

Wow, what a mess there was along Fort Wilderness Way that morning.  I still don't understand why this is happening.  The Fort has been around for 40+ years, and the overflow lot has been adequate all that time.  But now we have this? I don't get it.  I've been there on all the busy holidays, and I've seen guests have to use the grassy area by the old kennel to park, but I've never seen them use the open areas around the hitch/unhitch area for parking.  But, it's happening more and more lately.

It's funny that you disliked that chicken dish from Italy.  That was one of our favorites this year, and we got it several times.  Maybe you just got a dud order?

You did a great job with the photos showing the path from the Outpost.  The reason the path winds as much as it does is that several segments of it are poured on top of the old FWRR tracks.

Those photos of you and the Okieathearts in Trail's End are great!

TCD

The overflow lot was a zoo.  The grassy area by the old kennel was full.  I don't understand it.  There was even a moving van (Mayflower type) that was parked across several parking spaces for many days.  Why does the Fort allow such things?

I think I got a dud order on that chicken.  Cardboard would have had more taste!

So I didn't make any mistakes on the sidewalk path?  That's good to know.

Correction -- the photo of Jean Ann and Kenny is great.  The one of the four of us, not so much.  I hope I'm not as ugly as that picture.  And I know David isn't.  One of these days you have to meet him!

Forgot to say that I LOVE these two pics :)

Thank you, Nacole!

Monday, November 3 -- Our Last Full Day at the Fort -- Part 1

We started our morning with a last breakfast at TE.

_DSC6173_zps42c95256.jpg

_DSC6174_zps07687de4.jpg

_DSC6175_zpsb95e5f5d.jpg

Came back to Dolly, took Kassie for a walk, and called Aunt Jo.  She didn't even remember calling me last night.  Everything appeared to be okay.  So on with our plans.

We went to the dock to catch the MK boat.

_DSC6178_zpsa8aad069.jpg

_DSC6179_zps8aa6d09d.jpg

Gotta love these windows!

_DSC6181_zps660099f8.jpg

_DSC6180_zps8dbda12c.jpg

And gotta love the Partners statue!

_DSC6182_zpsc9cbb8d5.jpg

_DSC6183-Copy_zps3d47ca86.jpg

_DSC6184_zps92e08532.jpg

Our first stop was Peter Pan's Flight.

_DSC6190_zps2dd6591d.jpg

_DSC6191_zps116964bc.jpg

_DSC6192_zps90b4f38f.jpg

_DSC6196_zps72e5478f.jpg

Upon exiting PPF, I encountered a newly-married couple being toured around by a PP photographer.

_DSC6199_zpsa7aecd59.jpg

_DSC6200_zps50c2c307.jpg

I stopped at the smoking area near the Frozen invasion ... aka Sir Mickey's.

_DSC6201_zps48569b0a.jpg

And then we made our way through Frontierland.

_DSC6204_zpsa213a680.jpg

_DSC6205_zps0c04cb94.jpg

_DSC6206_zps4aaeee37.jpg

Monday, November 3 -- Our Last Full Day at the Fort -- Part 2

You won't believe our next destination ... something we haven't seen in at least 25 years ...

_DSC6207_zps22da6fd4.jpg

_DSC6208_zps3294bede.jpg

_DSC6211_zps2139d797.jpg

_DSC6212_zps0db0cbc8.jpg

_DSC6213_zps96f49fb1.jpg

Love the bromeliads!

_DSC6217_zps42567e59.jpg

_DSC6219_zpsc4638140.jpg

_DSC6220_zpsfbc33873.jpg

_DSC6221_zps5085c2d5.jpg

_DSC6222_zps1772fdf3.jpg

_DSC6224_zps013adb2a.jpg

_DSC6232_zps0b6075b4.jpg

_DSC6234_zpse370926e.jpg

_DSC6242_zps5bc8bb40.jpg

_DSC6243_zps0ee05c0f.jpg

_DSC6245_zps44b89ce3.jpg

_DSC6246_zps0ac43801.jpg

We were happy to experience the Tiki Room again, but it will be a long time before we visit another time.

After the Tiki Room, we headed back up to Liberty Square.

_DSC6247_zps5d98d8e3.jpg

_DSC6248_zps4176d2e5.jpg

_DSC6249_zpsa0a7627b.jpg

_DSC6250_zpsc56e4afb.jpg

We had a FP+ for:

_DSC6254_zps64d49e0a.jpg

_DSC6255_zps3e0eca96.jpg

_DSC6256_zpsb77cdd90.jpg

_DSC6258_zps1343c1ff.jpg

Okay, stop the action!  Stop the cameras!  Albeit really blurry, I captured the ghosts!  Never mind that most people can't take a crisp picture below 1/60th of a second.  Never mind that these were taken at 1/8 of a second from a moving vehicle.  Never mind that I've never before captured a picture of the ghosts and I don't care if they are blurry (well I do, but I'm happy with these)!  I did it!

_DSC6262_zpse1e3730c.jpg

_DSC6264_zpsc46a01e7.jpg

For these two pictures alone my $400 prime lens was worth it.  Now if I can only figure out how to get the ride to stop at the precise moment ... With a tripod and a stopped car, this lens would take great ghost photos!

_DSC6269_zps1fc93bd6.jpg

_DSC6270_zpsa98d0eca.jpg

_DSC6272_zps999ea2b9.jpg

At photo limit ...

I want to walk around the MK in a wedding dress! Guess I'm still a little girl at heart. 

Glad you got your ghosts! 

Wouldn't that be great?  But I can't imagine what the couple had to pay for that photo shoot.

Love the ghost pictures, very good shots considering the limitations.

Thank you!  Did you see the hidden Mickey?