How not to handle being stuck on a dead end street

I feel like this is the right thread to share this now. My first time parking at a storage lot took 50 (yes, fifty) minutes and 3 complete pull outs and startovers. The parking is simple and an ideal setup- angled spots, driver's side backing, and plenty of space in front of you.

Here's the layout:

eba9e9af32d14dedf08067201886e541.jpg

I let my buddy film it for prosperity. He setup his phone to take time lapse photos every 5 seconds or so. That 50 minutes compressed down to about 19 seconds, so you don't get the full pain of the experience.

http://youtu.be/2k57p1WonJQ

As it stands, we're in the lot, unhitched, and parked in 5-6 minutes now. :)

I feel like this is the right thread to share this now. My first time parking at a storage lot took 50 (yes, fifty) minutes and 3 complete pull outs and startovers. The parking is simple and an ideal setup- angled spots, driver's side backing, and plenty of space in front of you.

Here's the layout:

eba9e9af32d14dedf08067201886e541.jpg

I let my buddy film it for prosperity. He setup his phone to take time lapse photos every 5 seconds or so. That 50 minutes compressed down to about 19 seconds, so you don't get the full pain of the experience.

http://youtu.be/2k57p1WonJQ

As it stands, we're in the lot, unhitched, and parked in 5-6 minutes now. :)

Okay...so we have VERY LITTLE experience as this is our first year with our little camper, but I think your situation looked trickier than the first video.  You had two RVs that you didn't want to hit...haha :)   That guy, I agree with Ray...if it was too tight (maybe, maybe not) I was wondering why he didn't back up.  Then again, I don't think he had anyone else with him, so maybe he didn't feel comfortable doing that on his own in traffic; I can see that.

Watching that reminds of sitting at a boat ramp watching the Sat. show!!!

Brutal days. At the end of a long day of boating, putting a 25 foot tri toon on a trailer was a drag. The public access I had to use was right on a nice cross current. Throw in a breeze whipping through the cove, and let the profanity fly.

Watching that reminds of sitting at a boat ramp watching the Sat. show!!!

We keep our boat at the marina in a slip. Our slip is right by the ramp. I love coming in late in the afternoon and just watching the people trying to first back their trailer and then watching them try to load their boat. And if we are luck we get to watch a newbie drag their lower unit on the concrete as they pull it out. That noise is worse then someone running their fingernails across a chalkboard.

Oh the stories I could tell.

God times. Good times.

We keep our boat at the marina in a slip. Our slip is right by the ramp. I love coming in late in the afternoon and just watching the people trying to first back their trailer and then watching them try to load their boat. And if we are luck we get to watch a newbie drag their lower unit on the concrete as they pull it out. That noise is worse then someone running their fingernails across a chalkboard.

Oh the stories I could tell.

God times. Good times.

Haha... see, the first time I watched this video I kept saying, "Good thing he's not at the Fort.  While a Fiend may have (eventually) helped him...I bet they'd bring out their chairs and watch for a while first".   Guess I wasn't too far off ;)