From WDWMagic...

PHOTO - Disney testing bus wait time system for My Disney Experience app
Nov 11, 2014 | 9:25am EST

Disney is currently testing a new feature of My Disney Experience that should make waiting for busses at the Walt Disney World Resort a lot less frustrating.

Currently in very early stages of in-house testing, the app gives an indication of when the next bus will be arriving at the current location. You can see in this screen shot below the app in action at Port Orleans Resort (Thanks LucyBC for the pic).

[follow link below for photo]

No word yet on when or if the feature may be released for guest use.

Disney has been experimenting with wait times for transportation over the past few years, most recently with screens installed at a few of the bus stops. Providing the data to the app would appear to be a much more realistic solution, saving the need to install hundreds of screens around property at each stop.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/mymagicplus/news/11nov2014-photo---disney-testing-bus-wait-time-system-for-my-disney-experience-app.htm

Then it's a natural extension of MDE's capabilities.  

Not that I would know, but I've read that because the MDE app is an energy hog, people are using other apps. Being forced to use MDE can't be a good thing for those people that just need to know that a bus will arrive in 5.6 minutes instead of 15 minutes.

They've been locked "after hours" for years, that I can recall.  They only started locking them regularly the last couple of years and I think it had something to do with some vandalism, if I'm remembering right.

Before MBs, anyone with a Fort KTTW card could open them.  I suppose the thinking is that most paying campers wouldn't be trashing the laundry rooms?

You can be sure the bus will get there before they ever get this to work.  The app is sooooo slow even after it's working the bus will get there before you get an error free update.  We don't ride the buses very often but rarely have had to wait more than 15-20 mins.  What are you going to do anyway if the wait time is too long?  I mean if you have already left camp you won't have many options that will get you there faster.  By the time you walk to catch a slow boat (that may or may not get there before a bus) your bus would probably already have you at your destination.  I think they should be taking things off MDE until they get it working faster and error free.

rarely have had to wait more than 15-20 mins. What are you going to do anyway if the wait time is too long?  I mean if you have already left camp you won't have many options that will get you there faster.  

Agreed, and as far as WDW transportation, excluding MK, as there is no bus, the bus to the other destinations is the only option.

rarely have had to wait more than 15-20 mins. What are you going to do anyway if the wait time is too long?  I mean if you have already left camp you won't have many options that will get you there faster.  

Agreed, and as far as WDW transportation, excluding MK, as there is no bus, the bus to the other destinations is the only option.

There's always private taxis.

For us, it's completely unncessary. A bus will show up when it shows up. We plan so little, and for what we do plan, we make sure we have plenty of time to get to our destination, or forgo till next time.

And ^THIS^

Right about now I can't wait to be sitting on a bench waiting for a bus...