Eating lunch at BOG without a FP?

I'll confirm what others have said- in the past month, on two separate days, we have  attempted to get in the standby line for lunch at BOG.

Both times, we were turned away by a wall of CM's who told us if we didn't have a FP+ reservation we could get lost.

Not very magical.

The first time we arrived at a few minutes before opening- maybe at 10:25 am. There were guests in the standby line, but they had cut that line and weren't letting any other guests in it.

There were no paper FP's offered to return later.  There was a sign posted (at 10:25 am mind you) saying the restaurant had reached capacity.

The second time, we arrived just past 10:30, and even checked back later around noon- same deal- no standby line.

There was no information provided by the unhelpful CM's on duty that the standby line would reopen, but they did tell us that we were welcome to keep checking back.

Gee thanks.  That sounds magical.

Here's a photo of the sign they had posted next to the CM's blocking access to the standby line:

10414032_zps76669ad7.jpg

The frustrating thing is that the park map says nothing about this- it shows the restaurant is open for lunch from 10:30 am until 2:30 pm.  Nothing about it being FP+ only.

I doubt this is a permanent thing, and I expect it will stop, just as it began, with no announcement and no concern for the guest experience

Idiots.

TCD

Idiots.

All of this negative talk is starting to wear thin.  I work hard all day, every day to maintain a positive air on this board.  I never say a negative word about Disney for fear of making someone out there worry needlessly about their upcoming vacation.  "Keep it positive" is my motto.  But you keep throwing around negativity like a little Negative Nancy.  I wish you'd stop. 

:ph34r:

All of this negative talk is starting to wear thin. I work hard all day, every day to maintain a positive air on this board. I never say a negative word about Disney for fear of making someone out there worry needlessly about their upcoming vacation. "Keep it positive" is my motto. But you keep throwing around negativity like a little Negative Nancy. I wish you'd stop.

Hey hey hey.

Take it easy no one said anything about your beloved Snow White so it's going to be ok.

Breath. Breath.

All of this negative talk is starting to wear thin. I work hard all day, every day to maintain a positive air on this board. I never say a negative word about Disney for fear of making someone out there worry needlessly about their upcoming vacation. "Keep it positive" is my motto. But you keep throwing around negativity like a little Negative Nancy. I wish you'd stop.

Good thing my feet were high enough up off the ground when I read this.

Says the man who invented the term SMB to describe a Disney ride.

Sorry Marty, but we can't blame Dave for the term "SMB". It's been around long before FF. It's just that you've led a sheltered life and haven't heard it before.

I don't encourage you to do it, but you can find it being used on some internet tech forums going back at least 10 years. This link is from 2002  

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=744182

We can blame Dave for using it first on FF.Net.

Sorry Marty, but we can't blame Dave for the term "SMB". It's been around long before FF. It's just that you've led a sheltered life and haven't heard it before.

I don't encourage you to do it, but you can find it being used on some internet tech forums going back at least 10 years. This link is from 2002  

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=744182

We can blame Dave for using it first on FF.Net.

Well of course the phrase "sucks monkey butt" has been around for a long time....way longer than your link indicates.  But has anyone ever entered the initials "SMB" into the vernacular before like I have?