Meadow Pool Slide closing for rehab in February

"Meadow Pool Slide closed 2/10/2015- 3/17/2015"

Consider your source.

I wonder if we'll get a pass to another pool while it's under rehab...

Did they offer an alternative pool when the entire Meadows pool was shut down for the refurb?

If on the off chance that the experts at DisBoards actually got something right, it's just the slide and not the pool, so I doubt it.

Yes, they offered the use of the WL pool while the Meadows pool was being reconstructed in early 2009. 

Yes, we were there at that time and did avail ourselves of the WL pool (and pool bar, FWIW)

As to the source, I just happened to see it and passed it along. I can't speak to the accuracy but it seemed better suited to this forum rather than rumors.

I can't speak to the accuracy but it seemed better suited to this forum rather than rumors.

The DisBoards is way down on my list of reliable places to get accurate WDW info.

It means absolutely nothing as it's early yet and is a minor refurb, but there is nothing about it yet on the Fort's info page.

I'm sure they'll be issuing Blizzard Beach passes.  :rofl2:

They absolutely could because BB is closed in Feb.

1. Pool hopping is not only allowed, but is encouraged.

All Fort guests can use any resort pool including Stormalong Bay.

During the refurb, Blizzard Beach will be reopened solely for Fort Wilderness guests. 

All you need to do is book a Throwaway Campsite and buy a very large cooler.

Please stop me, I'm hooked on making numbered lists.

Yada yada yada.

Who says Voldy isn't a reliable source of information?

Glad to hear I'm not alone. The splash park was nice for the little ones, but my little guy always wants to be with his big sister so we didn't get a whole lot of use out of it.

According to the rumors circulated back in 2009 when the pool closed for a renovation, the original plans called for a brand new, larger, pool with a zero entry feature.

Instead, they filled in the old deep end and slapped the slide on the side and called it a day.

The pool is way too small for the number of guests trying to use it.

Cheapskates.

TCD

Ah, well, the crowded atmosphere can't be due to all of those paying customers.

At least it's better than the cabin pool, which is roughly the size of my neighbor's kiddie pool.

We've found the best time to go to the Meadows pool is in the evenings; most of the freeloaders have left and the snack bar is closed, but if it's a nice night the kids can still enjoy themselves.

• 4 weeks later...