The TCD Gang Goes to Disneyland!

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Whoa! Stop the bus! Stop the bus! Back up the damn boat!   Snow White had to WALK?! That's bullsh*t!   Let's face it, people, it all did NOT start with a Mouse -- it started with a princess and her na

Sounds like we need to plan a Grand Gathering just to do the bumper cars at Knobels!!!!!!

Yesterday at this time, the TCD gang was in Disneyland, eating lunch in the Plaza Inn, and otherwise enjoying our last of a five day invasion of the Happiest Place on Earth.   We arrived early on Thur

In and excited to read along!  I was born in CA and grew up in WA State...so I've been to Disneyland numerous times however... not since California Adventure was added (so I think my last visit was around 13 years ago?).  I grew up camping next door to Disneyland (I think it's a parking lot now).  Looking forward to hearing about your adventures and, of course, all the pictures! :)

Seriously considering another long road trip this summer (especially if gas prices continue to drop).  The highlight of the trip will be Disneyland.  I have already learned a lot and look forward to the rest of the report.  It sounds like the area surrounding the parks are safe places to be at night.  I have already done a little research on a few campgrounds that are close to DL.  Interested to see if you have any information on nearby campgrounds.  I am looking forward to the rest of the report. 

I feel bad for your oldest DD who couldn't go but if you ask me that's just a reason to go back!

Smart thinking on the twins part for figuring out the days to request off ahead of time.

Can't wait to hear about staying club level. We had an upgrade once at AKL for a one night stay and it was awesome. Hard to believe some people get to stay that way all the time.

Now that we are page two ill comment.

I don't want to be accused of taking up all if page one. Lol.

I'm so glad y'all got to go to Disneyland. I know you've talked about it before.

Harbor Blvd has a lot of good hotels that are, as you know, right across the street from the parks. Growing up I've probably stayed at probably 1/2 of them. That area was a popular area for conventions and business meetings. And dad always brought us with him for those meetings/conventions.

But I think the Park Vue Inn and the Best Western are as close as you can get to the park. Way to scoring that hotel.

And that's cool that you were able to get a Rez got the Californian. Did you have a park view or DTD view?

I'm liking your compare and contrast reporting so far. Keep up the good work.

Traitor.

That place sucks. Where is the castle? Do they even have one? It should dominate the view from Main Street.

The castle is actually really nice and you definitely see it from Main Street. I'm sure TCD had another pix of it.

If I remember correctly it's less than 100' tall so it definitely doesn't stand out as much as Cindy's castle. But as a kid we use to be able to not only walk thru the castle but see of the inside rooms. Now you can just walk thru it.

Just googled it.

Sleeping Beauty's castle is 77' tall.

For comparison:

1. Magic Kingdom[edit] Cinderella Castle was completed in July 1971, after about 18 months of construction. The castle is 189 feet (58 m) tall, as measured from the concrete bottom of the body of water, which itself is 6 feet (1.8 m) deep at the bridge.

The castle is actually really nice and you definitely see it from Main Street. I'm sure TCD had another pix of it.

If I remember correctly it's less than 100' tall so it definitely doesn't stand out as much as Cindy's castle. But as a kid we use to be able to not only walk thru the castle but see of the inside rooms. Now you can just walk thru it.

The inside rooms were opened back up a few years ago. We saw them when we were there on the road trip. 

First!!!!

Now I have to go read it.  :)

Way to go.  You get first on first bragging rights!

Second. Woot. Woot.

But I read it. Lol.

That's what you get for actually reading a TR.

You know Dave. As long as TCD's intro is. It wouldn't take much to fill up all of page one!

Whatcha think?

Uh oh.

Here we go.

I'm in!

Glad to have you along for the ride.

Ok....I read it now.  Eagerly anticipating the next update. 

Until then.....I'm shamelessly posting.  LOL> 

There goes another page one spot.

On board too.

Glad you're here, Dave.  I know you've been to Disneyland recently, and for trips before that too.  Please feel free to chime in with any information that may be helpful.

I'm in. Love disneyland. My first trip there was in 1976.

After making this trip, I now regret not going sooner.  I would have loved to see what it was like before California Adventure and Downtown Disney.

Page one bragging rights.  Now, back to reading the report.

Yes, you get bragging rights, good job.

Count me in before Dave and Ray fill the page. 

Good move. I know you've been to Disneyland too.  I can't remember where you stayed, though.  Please feel free to add any lodging or other tips. I would like this TR to be a resource for other Fiends planning visits to Disneyland.

I can't imagine I'll stumble on first page bragging rights again, so I'll take it while I can get it!

Looking forward to hearing your observations. I've been to DL once but it was in something like 1991 or so... I don't remember much.

You're on a roll!

Maybe seeing some of the photos in this report will jog your memory.  Based on what we saw, I imagine a lot has changed since 1991.

TCD

Good move. I know you've been to Disneyland too.  I can't remember where you stayed, though.  Please feel free to add any lodging or other tips. I would like this TR to be a resource for other Fiends planning visits to Disneyland.

We stayed at the Peacock Suites. Its maybe 8 minutes further than where you were walking on the other side of the mall. The Art bus picks up there thought and it works out really well. Its the first stop for pick up and for drop off so you always get a seat going and the shortest ride coming back. All the rooms are suites and while it is a time share location they dont give you a lot of pressure to join in. They offer you a sales meeting and you can turn them down and your done. They had a Cyber Monday sale and we actually have a room reserved there again unless I can find a better price down the road. 

I didnt notice that when I was there a few months ago. But I was trying to do both parks in one day. Are the upstairs rooms open?

When I was there. You enter from the back on one side go up and through looking at little scenes from Sleeping Beauty and come back down on the other side in the back. 

I have been anxiously waiting for this!  Cannot wait to read about everything you did.  Now have to go back and read.

Glad to have you along, and if you want to hear about everything we did, you're in luck.  I'll keep posting, and you keep reading.

Dave who?

There goes another page one spot.

Can't Wait!!!

Welcome.  I'll try not to keep you waiting for long.

Whooooo hoooooo!

Absolutely.

I a in

Welcome, Tom.  California is a long way from Florida, and it's a different place for sure.  You'll see.

Great NJ driving attitude!!! I'm in.......

Best Regards,

Norm

True that.

Like they say- you can take the boy out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the boy.  Still, most people never guess I grew up in Jersey.

I was so excited to read I don't even care about page one bragging rights! But I still made it with reading before responding :P

Well done.  Glad that you read it.  And keep on reading, because we have a long, long way to go.

Hoping I still made it on page 1!!

You did, indeed, make it.

Good job.

Can't wait to read the rest!!

That's good, because I can't wait to tell you all about it.

I'm excited for this one!! We'll be there in April and your observations about offsite hotels and park hopping are the same is mine. I LOVE that fact about Disneyland!

Please feel free to ask any questions and add any observations.  Unless I'm mistaken, you've been to Disneyland already, right?

Do you already have your hotel reserved for your trip? 

TCD