• 3 weeks later...

Weather over here in Tampa will be rainy on Christmas Eve and in the 60s on Christmas Day.

But they are calling for a hard freeze on New Years Eve and very cold New Years Day. Generally the Tampa area weather is a little warmer than Orlando due to the Gulf water temps.

So bring your long johns and sweatsuits

Everyone needs to remember this thread the next time someone freaks out over a ten day weather forecast in Florida.

Hard freeze on New Year's Eve? Very cold New Year's Day?

Nope:

jan1_zps979f4822.png

TCD

But................

WEDNESDAY

NIGHT

Partly

Cloudy

Low: 39 °F

THURSDAY

Mostly

Sunny

High: 56 °F

THURSDAY

NIGHT

Mostly

Cloudy

Low: 47 °F

Of course it's much better than the 1-3" of snow in Cincy today.

Yeah, it's getting down to 12 here this week. I don't feel bad for you. :) 

Everyone needs to remember this thread the next time someone freaks out over a ten day weather forecast in Florida.

Hard freeze on New Year's Eve? Very cold New Year's Day?

Nope:

jan1_zps979f4822.png

TCD

It was amazing how far off the original forecast was.  Good old Dennis (Tampa ABC supposed weatherman) really screwed up on this one. Now he's getting all fired up about the cold temps coming this week?  He says temps dropping to the 20's?  Channel 6 in Orlando shows lows in the high 40's a couple of evenings. Big difference.  I wish I could get paid as much as these talking heads and be wrong the majority of the time.  What a gig!

It was amazing how far off the original forecast was.  Good old Dennis (Tampa ABC supposed weatherman) really screwed up on this one. Now he's getting all fired up about the cold temps coming this week?  He says temps dropping to the 20's?  Channel 6 in Orlando shows lows in the high 40's a couple of evenings. Big difference.  I wish I could get paid as much as these talking heads and be wrong the majority of the time.  What a gig!

Yup.  Dennis Phillips.  I met him at a party once.  Nice guy, and he has the easiest job in the world. It bugs me how he comes back and lies after he screws up a weather prediction.  I will never forget how he insisted that Hurricane Charley was going to come right up into Tampa Bay, when it ultimately missed Pinellas and Hillsborough Counties and destroyed Charlotte county.  The guy comes back on later and says that's what he said was going to happen.  And he's always wearing those stupid suspenders.  It's amazing how wrong all their technology can be.

TCD

Yup.  Dennis Phillips.  I met him at a party once.  Nice guy, and he has the easiest job in the world. It bugs me how he comes back and lies after he screws up a weather prediction.  I will never forget how he insisted that Hurricane Charley was going to come right up into Tampa Bay, when it ultimately missed Pinellas and Hillsborough Counties and destroyed Charlotte county.  The guy comes back on later and says that's what he said was going to happen.  And he's always wearing those stupid suspenders.  It's amazing how wrong all their technology can be.

TCD

Yeah, the only job where you can be wrong the majority of the time and still get paid.