Surprise, Santa, and a Shiny new AP Holder… A GDF Trip Report

I can't believe you walked to HS. We've taken the boat a few times but never walked. How long did it take you?

That awesome that you got to meet the family and give the little one her new pins. I net she had a bunch of new ones.

Ray, you should know this since we're siblings, but I'm pretty much bad ass. Yes, we walked. According to picture time stamps, it took us 30 minutes. We were going at a very slow pace though. We stopped to look at things, chatted with a couple, fetched Z a snack, etc. It's actually a really pretty walk. We realized we could have cut through one of the resorts, and it would have been shorter, but we enjoyed seeing the whole Boardwalk area. Apparently, if you're actually directly walking, it can be faster than the boat. 

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, it’s time for another GDF trip report. This trip started small and ended up much bigger. Originally, I thought Z and I might drive down for a few days before Christmas to see some Disney lights

We’ve made it to December 26th, our last day. The plan for this day was to hit Animal Kingdom for a bit and then hang at the Fort and go to the Fiend Grand Gathering at DIT’s site.   We weren’t doing

Okay so I'm about half way done with this report.  It's keeping me sane on these hard days of adjustment.  We got home from China about a week and a half ago!  Yay!   Here's the boys at the airport!  

The guy on the bench... yeah, that was me a little over a year ago.  Not too much to drink, but I had heat stroke (or sun stroke, which ever is less severe).  I was soooo sick :(   Praise God for the wonderful nurses and first aid station at the MK (it's actually a mini hospital in there!); that and I had actually brought anti-nausea meds with me from our horrible winter with the flu.  Mercy I was sick.  That's what you get, when you have really warm Fort visit and you don't drink enough water....

The lights at MGM, that's part of the reason we're staying through mid-Nov this year.  We love that :)  

Great job helping helping that little girl :) 

Great Osborne Lights photos, Kelly!

Glad you got to meet the little girl and her family.

And that shirt looks red to me.

Thanks! The better ones were taken by Jason with his good camera. It was nice to help the girl. Big thanks to Mo for sending the pins!

And I'm glad you're not color blind like the rest of the Fiends. 

The guy on the bench... yeah, that was me a little over a year ago.  Not too much to drink, but I had heat stroke (or sun stroke, which ever is less severe).  I was soooo sick :(   Praise God for the wonderful nurses and first aid station at the MK (it's actually a mini hospital in there!); that and I had actually brought anti-nausea meds with me from our horrible winter with the flu.  Mercy I was sick.  That's what you get, when you have really warm Fort visit and you don't drink enough water....

The lights at MGM, that's part of the reason we're staying through mid-Nov this year.  We love that :)

Great job helping helping that little girl :)

I'm sorry that happened to you! I don't think that guy was having a heat stroke though. It was around 6:30 at night, dark. And it wasn't hot, just comfortable. 

Wow, what an eventful trip this was for y'all.  Lots of firsts.  And good ones- Wilderness Lodge, Candlelight Processional, Boardwalk, the Osborne Lights.

It all sounds like a lot of fun.

Did you look for the Halloween Cat at the Osborne Lights?

TCD

Isn't that something cool about Disney? I've been many times, but I still get to do some "firsts" each trip. I enjoy that. And Jason says we need to make it back over to the Boardwalk. I agree. 

No, we didn't look for the cat. Z was pretty tired at that point. 

Now we have to head to Biergaten the next time we are in Epcot.  Love the information on the CLP, also now added to the list.

I recommend both of those! I like Biergarten way more than I thought I would the first time. 

you and Gwen see red and the other 100 of us see orange. Tell me again who's color blind?

Go Gata!

:rofl:

I used to like you. 

Tuesday, December 23rd

We slept in after our long day. Jason went looping while I started prepping some breakfast.  While looping he went to say goodbye to the TimSmith7 family. He got a tour of their awesome RV too and realized he’d be in trouble if he didn’t come get me. Luckily, I was just about to throw stuff on the skillet, so off we went!

IMG_1432.jpg

Many of you might remember that their RV is totally Disneyed-out.

IMG_1434.jpg

They’ve done a great job. The inside has been redone too. It was very cool to see.

We said goodbye to them and to the pin family and headed back for breakfast.

BACON

IMG_1436.jpg

Eggs

IMG_1437.jpg

And I added some leftover GAG cornbread and butter. It was perfect!

IMG_1438.jpg

After breakfast,  Z wanted to hit the pool, so we did.

IMG_1441.jpg

It was warm but cloudy, and the pool wasn’t very crowded.

IMG_1444.jpg

IMG_1442.jpg

I still can’t get him to go down the slide after the BAD PARENTING MOMENT OF 2013. Maybe he’ll change his mind in April. It’s interesting how trauma sticks around.

IMG_1443.jpg

He was excited to be at the pool though!

IMG_1446.jpg

Z swam and swam.

IMG_1445.jpg

IMG_14772.jpg

IMG_14832.jpg

We went over to the kiddie area.

IMG_14832.jpg

Then he started to get tired.

IMG_1453.jpg

So it was time to head back. They were advertising the character and Santa meet and greets.

IMG_1454.jpg

We headed back and got Z a nap. He was worn out, and I wanted him to be pleasant for our resort hopping and dinner. We’ll head out in the next update. 

I finally am all caught up.  Ok, confession time.

I believe that I was finishing up my encounter with an employee at Meadows about our ornament fiasco when you walked over to the counter saying something about your ornament delivery.  I was a little upset so I did not hang around there long. 

I just got teary-eyed over the french fries.  THAT, is what I love about Disney.  That was magical!  Only princesses get that kind of treatment :)  

Looks like a great time at the pool!

Z looooooves swimming. I'm just glad he didn't forget how. I'll miss all those empty seats when we're there in April. 

I finally am all caught up.  Ok, confession time.

I believe that I was finishing up my encounter with an employee at Meadows about our ornament fiasco when you walked over to the counter saying something about your ornament delivery.  I was a little upset so I did not hang around there long. 

I just got teary-eyed over the french fries.  THAT, is what I love about Disney.  That was magical!  Only princesses get that kind of treatment :)

I never got an ornament, but I was there about an issue with a doll on Christmas Eve. I thought y'all had already left, but were you there that day? 

What a nice morning and afternoon at the Fort.

And this will be followed by resort hopping and dinner?

Sounds great!

TCD

It was a nice, relaxing day... late breakfast, Fiends, pool, and then some resort hopping. We enjoyed it. 

Caught up again.

Love the Anna picture when she saw her fries.

Regarding the shirt, I think it is the lighting. In the first picture it did look more orange than red, but later I could clearly tell it was red.

It was about 5 million times cuter in real life. 

And thank you for having eyes that work.  :lol:

BACON!!!

Thanks for spelling it correctly.

Did you cook the eggs in the BACON grease like a good southern lady?

I need to find timsmith7 post about how they decorated their Moho. I love it.

Love the pool picks. Your going to have to share the Bad Parenting moment 2013. I don't recall it.

The one thing I really appreciate about Disney resorts is that they have lifeguards on duty. Most resorts/hotels we stay at don't have them.

You can plan my next trip, everything (minus the boat!) sounds fantastic !

I love planning, so I actually would! 

BACON!!!

Thanks for spelling it correctly.

Did you cook the eggs in the BACON grease like a good southern lady?

I need to find timsmith7 post about how they decorated their Moho. I love it.

Love the pool picks. Your going to have to share the Bad Parenting moment 2013. I don't recall it.

The one thing I really appreciate about Disney resorts is that they have lifeguards on duty. Most resorts/hotels we stay at don't have them.

Of course I cooked the eggs in BACON grease! 

Bad Parenting Moment 2015

IMG_3141.jpg

(Jason was the one who snapped the picture before saving him.) 

Let’s resort hop!

Z woke up from his nap and was in a much better mood.

IMG_1455.jpg

We hopped on the cart.

IMG_1456.jpg

Blurry picture, but I’m pretty sure the boy driving is about 12.

IMG_1457.jpg

Down the path of awesomeness….

IMG_1458.jpg

Sleigh rides were going on. I think I heard they’re $70 each? Wow! If we make it back for Christmas next year, maybe we need to turn our red cart into a sleigh.

IMG_1460.jpg

We arrived at the marina.

IMG_1462.jpg

It was a perfect, beautiful evening.

IMG_1463.jpg

IMG_1464.jpg

Our plan was to boat to the Contemporary to see the gingerbread display there. Then, we’d monorail to the Poly for dinner, and depending on how Z was doing, we’d hit the GF to check out their gingerbread house.

Something super cool happened. We got our own boat! A private cruise to dinner.

IMG_1465.jpg

IMG_1466.jpg

Proof I’m not anti-blue, just orange

IMG_1467.jpg

The sun was setting.

IMG_1468.jpg

IMG_1470.jpg

IMG_1471.jpg

Sadly, we had to pick up guests at the Lodge, but our time alone was very nice.

We arrived at the Contemporary.

IMG_1472.jpg

Now, these pictures are a little joke that’s probably not funny to you, but I’ll share. I’m terrified of heights. About a week before our trip, I had a dream that Jason made me go parasailing at a local lake. I told him about it and since then, parasailing has been haunting me. We turn on the TV and someone is doing it; we see ads for it; we saw someone doing it earlier in the trip, etc. So we cracked up at the parasailing boat. Yep, we’re dorks.

IMG_1473.jpg

I’m pretty sure I have a picture of Z here when he was a little over 3 months old. Fun fact, the Contemporary pool was the first pool Z ever “swam” in.

IMG_1475.jpg

You’ve probably already seen it, but here’s the Contemporary gingerbread house.

IMG_1477.jpg

Here’s a cute boy in front of it.

IMG_1478.jpg

We could see the outside Christmas tree and the giant bus stops outside.

IMG_1480.jpg

We hopped the monorail to the Poly, and that’s where we’ll pick up in the next update. 

Don't ever parasail in the Bahamas. We did for our honeymoon and they guys thought it was funny to "dip" people's behinds in the water. Thankfully they didn't do it to us. I would like to do it in Disney but I think when I read the weight it really isn't for 2 normal sized adults.