Hello all:

This is our first trip to the Ft. in many years and the first time with our motor coach. So we are looking for advice as to which loops and sites are good for big rigs. Our coach is 43 ft long with two slides on the drivers side and a 20 ft awning on the curb side. I know there has been many changes to sites over the years so that's why I am asking.

We also have a moho with two slides on the driver's side and a long awning on the curb side.

You should be okay on anything except the preferred loops.  But avoid the 1900 loop.  It can have big dropoffs on the sides of the paved area and also floods really bad during heavy rain. 

I'm sure others will be here shortly to give you more info.  And welcome to the group!

I'll say- there are a few sites on the preferred loops that will also work. We stayed on the 200-loop with our 43' fifth wheel and got into the site. It was cozy getting there, but it worked. It was before I knew to make specific requests AND we made it a day before we arrived for an overnight stop. We have 3' deep slides on both sides.

That said, my wife liked the location enough that using the Fort Fiends app to pick site options, I plan on requesting those loops again when we go in June.

I'll say- there are a few sites on the preferred loops that will also work. We stayed on the 200-loop with our 43' fifth wheel and got into the site. It was cozy getting there, but it worked. It was before I knew to make specific requests AND we made it a day before we arrived for an overnight stop. We have 3' deep slides on both sides. That said, my wife liked the location enough that using the Fort Fiends app to pick site options, I plan on requesting those loops again when we go in June.

You got lucky in getting one of the few preferred sites that will work!

First of all...Welcome.

Second if IIRC the 600 loop seems to have bigger RVs. And it's good central location.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

The 600 loop does seem to always have the bigger rvs in it, and there seems to be less trees or at least mature trees in the 600 loop. I have also seen some bigger set ups in the 500 loop .

Now that I'm officially in "Big Rig" territory, I'm looking at loop 1200 for our stay this fall due to site depth.    We've stayed in the 500 loop in the past and some are deep enough but it seems there is always so many kids, bikes, carts, etc in the road I'm leery of trying that loop.    

We will have a cart and I enjoy "looping" anyway - so little farther out is no big deal.

What is your favorite big rig loop and why?

Welcome williemakit (great screen name!)

You've already gotten some good info, but in case it's helpful, this page has links to Fort Fiends mobile app (with specs and photos of all sites), the Google Earth map and the videos of all loops, along with some other general info.

http://www.fortfiends.net/_/accomodations/loop-information/site-classifications-r61

We like the outside sites in the 1200 loop.  There are some big sites along the road.  The main problem there is the bus noise along the street approaching the 4-way stop sign.  Not a BIG problem, but not as quiet as some other sites.