A sad day then a happy one for the S71 gang

The wife and I have been talking about downsizing our RV for a couple months now. We have had our Rubicon 2900 toyhauler for almost 3 years and have loved it. The problem was the size, weight and the size of the garage. I have a silverado 2500HD to pull this 10,000 pound beast which is not an issue, but it's still huge for a TT and we bite our fingernails off on long trips. I also got the family into ATV's and the garage would not hold my side by side and my quad. So, before Christmas I posted it for sale. To my surprise, I sold it for what I wanted in 2 days. Now we in perfect position to hit the RV super show with cash in hand and no trade. What could be better. The wife and I started surfing the web looking at different floor plans, different sizes and different manufactures for the RV that would suit our needs. We narrowed it down to 3 models. Unfortunately, none of them were in Florida or even close. I finally found one right outside of Atlanta and made a super deal over the phone. This was a forrest River which I really wanted over a smaller less reputable brand. Its a cargo deck toy hauler simillar to a rockwood roo. It's almost 4000 pounds lighter and will haul all our ATV,s. It's a limited model so it actually has more options than the old RV did. It's actually longer at almost 35ft but it's not as tall. 1 more month and it's off to the fort for its maiden voyage. I'll post some pics in a bit

Looks great! Congrats. :)

Do you visit the Forest River Forums

X'2 on this^^ Congrats looks great enjoy!!!!!!! If you join FROG look into the rally in August they expect close to 700 rigs there this year, a really great time. Doug this might be the year you need to attend.

Congratulations, Dave.

You win the prize for always having the most unique trailer.

That cargo deck is huge!  Can Herbie ride up there?

Enjoy!

TCD

I guess I do....lol herbie and a few more could fit. Sadly enough I'll be posting another topic here soon. We decided its time to sell herbie to another family that will enjoy him. The customs seat we built for the kids in the back is just getting too small for them as they are growing like weeds. To put a regular seat on the back would have to make me modify everything from the custom roll bar to the custom top. I'll be posting him for sale soon

Looks great...yay for you :)

Which dealership did you buy from; were you happy with them??

We bought from mid-state RV in Byron GA outside of Macon. Their prices were the best and very easy to deal with

Looks great for hauling all your toys but I bet it has a pretty hefty tongue weight when loaded.  I like the idea of keeping the fuel smell out of the camper too and being able to load up without having to clean up the ATVs. Heck hit a good rain on the way home and they will be clean when you get there. 

Looks great for hauling all your toys but I bet it has a pretty hefty tongue weight when loaded.  I like the idea of keeping the fuel smell out of the camper too and being able to load up without having to clean up the ATVs. Heck hit a good rain on the way home and they will be clean when you get there.

Actually that's what i did not like about enclosed toy hauler was the dirt and fuel smell especially when the garage area was doubling as a bedroom. I don't think the tounge weight will be that much of an issue with the position of the rear wheels. We will see