Rumor: Adventureland Veranda Restaurant

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An alcohol version dole wip float would be genius. It would mix a little of capt jacks rum with the aloha isle theme

No, but they've replaced it with a Cheeseburger Swirl.  

I seem to remember evil spirits in the movie.  Perhaps they'd like to settle into my glass with a couple of ice cubes?

I seem to remember evil spirits in the movie.  Perhaps they'd like to settle into my glass with a couple of ice cubes?

An alcohol version dole wip float would be genius. It would mix a little of capt jacks rum with the aloha isle theme

• 2 weeks later...

An interesting tidbit of information from WDWMagic...

Mar 06, 2015 | 7:55am EST

The Magic Kingdom's Aloha Isle and Sunshine Tree Terrace will be switching locations late next week.

The two Adventureland snack kiosks will swap positions, each taking their existing menu to the switched location.

The move may be related to the reconfiguration of the Liberty Tree Tavern and the new restaurant being built in the Adventureland Veranda. The space currently occupied by the Aloha Isle may be impacted by these changes.

Aloha Isle is of course the home to the world famous Dole Whip, and Sunshine Tree Terrace the home to the Citrus Swirl.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/aloha-isle/news/06mar2015-aloha-isle-and-sunshine-tree-terrace-switching-locations-late-next-week.htm

The swapping places rumor gives more credibility to the rumor that the current location of Aloha Isle is going to be closed down and the space it currently occupies be incorporated into the new restaurant.  Follow me here- Aloha Isle gets moved to the Sunshine Tree Terrace location.  After everyone gets used to that move, they announce the closure of Sunshine Tree Terrace.  There will be no outcry. Aloha Terrace will remain open in its new location. Brilliant.

TCD

Well the new restaurant may still be a rumor, but here's official confirmation of the menu swap between Aloha Isle and Sunshine Tree Terrace...

Never fear, the Dole Whip is still here. Starting March 13, the menus and names of Aloha Isle and Sunshine Tree Terrace are swapping – Aloha Isle (same menu) will shift to Sunshine Tree Terrace behind The Magic Carpets of Aladdin, while Sunshine Tree Terrace goes to the Aloha Isle spot across from Swiss Family Treehouse. Aloha Isle still has the Dole Whip Float, Dole Whip Cup and Dole Whip Twist Cup. (And the fresh-cut pineapple!) And Sunshine Tree Terrace will keep its Citrus Swirl, soft-serve vanilla ice cream, piña colada slush and other drinks. Fans of the Orange Bird don’t need to worry – he will be settling into his new home in a few weeks.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/03/wheres-my-dole-whip-foodie-favorites-juggled-in-magic-kingdom-at-walt-disney-world-resort/

Well the new restaurant may still be a rumor, but here's official confirmation of the menu swap between Aloha Isle and Sunshine Tree Terrace...

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/03/wheres-my-dole-whip-foodie-favorites-juggled-in-magic-kingdom-at-walt-disney-world-resort/

So, now Dole Whip will only be available at the former Sunshine Tree Terrace location?

Not good.

The other location had space for lines.  The new space doesn't.  It's going to get messy.

TCD

There we have it.  We're back to just one Dole Whip location.

It was fun while it lasted.

We loved to bypass the Aloha Terrace lines and get ours from Sunshine Tree Terrace.

TCD

i would like to correct something here that I have heard by Disney "experts" on podcasts and in the MK.

The old location Sunshine Tree Terrace sold Citrus Swirls which was orange slush and vanilla ice cream mixed.

The old Aloha Isle served Dole Whip cups and one of the options was orange/vanilla swirl.....and both were ice cream.  The orange in this treat was not slush.....therefore they did not serve the same things. 

I now noticed the orange/vanilla cup is no longer on the menu at Aloha Isle's new location. 

And Disney FUBAR's something once again.

WTF?

I am convinced the place has been overrun by idiots.

No MSB cinnamon rolls and now no orange/vanilla dole whip cups.

At this point it wouldn't surprise me if they get rid of all the popcorn wagons and tell people to go to the emporium and buy a bag of cracker jack for $5 a bag.

Morons.

i would like to correct something here that I have heard by Disney "experts" on podcasts and in the MK.

The old location Sunshine Tree Terrace sold Citrus Swirls which was orange slush and vanilla ice cream mixed.

The old Aloha Isle served Dole Whip cups and one of the options was orange/vanilla swirl.....and both were ice cream.  The orange in this treat was not slush.....therefore they did not serve the same things. 

I now noticed the orange/vanilla cup is no longer on the menu at Aloha Isle's new location. 

And Disney FUBAR's something once again.

WTF?

I am convinced the place has been overrun by idiots.

No MSB cinnamon rolls and now no orange/vanilla dole whip cups.

At this point it wouldn't surprise me if they get rid of all the popcorn wagons and tell people to go to the emporium and buy a bag of cracker jack for $5 a bag.

Morons.

The new location for dole whips is actually better. The old location had a very small space work wise. 2 registers and only room for 1 or 2 others to make the dole whip. The lines were always long for that reason. The new location has 5 or 6 registers and a larger work area allowing more dole whips to be made at one time. It only makes sense to move the aloha isle to the larger location. Before, no one would be at the sunshine tree terrace and all that space and all those CMs would be poorly utilized. Now, they can crank out more dole whips faster making more money. Good decision.

And I walked by there last night and the lines were not that bad because they were distributed throughout the 5 registers. It flowed pretty good.

The new location for dole whips is actually better. The old location had a very small space work wise. 2 registers and only room for 1 or 2 others to make the dole whip. The lines were always long for that reason. The new location has 5 or 6 registers and a larger work area allowing more dole whips to be made at one time. It only makes sense to move the aloha isle to the larger location. Before, no one would be at the sunshine tree terrace and all that space and all those CMs would be poorly utilized. Now, they can crank out more dole whips faster making more money. Good decision.

And I walked by there last night and the lines were not that bad because they were distributed throughout the 5 registers. It flowed pretty good.

Thanks for the update!

Very good points there Dave.

To me, the area in front of and around the former Sunshine Tree Terrace seems smaller and more confined than the former Aloha Isle location, and all I could think about was how there were always two long lines there of guests waiting for their chance to order Dole Whips.  I didn't think about how they can put more CM's in the work area and crank out the Dole Whips faster. 

I still think there's going to be a congestion problem at the new location, but time will tell.

TCD

Yes but according to the menu they wont be cranking out any orange/vanilla swirls as I detailed in my post above.