Rumor: Adventureland Veranda Restaurant

From WDWMagic...

Construction permits filed for new Adventureland Veranda Restaurant
Feb 11, 2015 | 3:13pm EST

It has been the source of constant speculation for the last several years and it now seems that finally the Adventureland Veranda will once again become a restaurant as construction permits have now been filed.

Located just across from the Tree House, it originally operated as a fast food restaurant with a tropical theme from opening day Oct 1 1971, but ceased operating in 1994. The Veranda has since been home to character meet and greets.

Various restaurant concepts ranging from the Jungle Cruise, Pirates of the Caribbean to an Adventurers Club theme have been mentioned in connection with the location over the years.

Related to this project seems to be the extended 6 month refurbishment of the nearby Liberty Tree Tavern beginning his summer. There has been some suggestion that kitchen space and other facilities may be shared between the two restaurants, which explains the rather unusual extended downtime of the Liberty Tree Tavern.

It is not yet clear what the final plans are, but this construction permit certainly puts the Verandah back in the spotlight and we should expect some official announcement of the plans soon.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/adventureland-verandah/news/11feb2015-construction-permits-filed-for-new-adventureland-verandah-restaurant.htm

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An alcohol version dole wip float would be genius. It would mix a little of capt jacks rum with the aloha isle theme

No, but they've replaced it with a Cheeseburger Swirl.  

I seem to remember evil spirits in the movie.  Perhaps they'd like to settle into my glass with a couple of ice cubes?

It also means ADRs at MK restaurants would be easier to make. On the days I've checked the day of, MK is the hardest ADR to get. There are always some in Epcot because there are so many choices.

I just don't like planning where I am going to eat months in advance.

I just don't like planning where I am going to eat months in advance.

Except for a few big ticket items, that is really not necessary.

Most of the time, we have been able to get same day reservations "somewhere"

The only real big ticket items are Be Our Guest, the Princess Meals, and sometimes Chef Mickey's, most of the rest are pretty easy.

The only real big ticket items are Be Our Guest, the Princess Meals, and sometimes Chef Mickey's, most of the rest are pretty easy.

`Ohana is a bit difficult for a good dining time, but I've done it.  :fork:

Because DW is a teacher we have to go in the summer and /or at Christmas time. And it's hard, if not impossible to get a same day rezzie for most of our favorite places to eat. O'Hana, Biergarten, Sci-fi drive inn, 50's Primetime, La Hacienda.

Could it finally be Tianas restraunt?

Is that the scuttlebutt at the Hub?

I love Cajun & Creole cuisine.

Me too!!!

Me three!!

I don't like planning dining ahead either, and time of year really does make a difference.  We're lucky that we tend to be there when it's a bit quieter and since we're pretty flexible, we don't have to worry too much about ADRs.  I booked 2 this past trip - California Grill and Garden View Tea.  The tea room is notoriously tough to get into, and while we could have lucked into a walk in to the lounge at CG, I wanted to make sure we got in at least once.

'Ohana is another that's tough to snag last minute, although we've pulled it off a couple of times.

And of course the hardest one of all right now seems to be Be Our Guest.

Also if you're willing/able to dine in some of the resorts away from MK, you can have better luck getting in as a walk-up or with a last-minute ADR.  We got into both Boma and Sanaa last minute without any trouble, and we walked right into Kimonos at the Swalphin.

I'll pile on and agree that putting a Tiana themed restaurant in that space is a genius idea.

As far as last minute ADR's go, things have gotten so much better since they implemented the threat of a no-show fee.  I have even seen last minute Be Our Guest spots open up the night before a couple of day trips we took in the last month.

TCD

In a potentially related rumor from the Disney Food Blog...

Rumor: Saying Goodbye to Magic Kingdom’s Aloha Isle?
Feb 19th, 2015 by AJ.

It may be that the days of lining up at Magic Kingdom’s Aloha Isle for a Dole Whip are coming to an end…

Recently, Aloha Isle’s Adventureland neighbor, Sunshine Tree Terrace, added Aloha’s signature snack to their menu. Adding to its own specialty treat — the Citrus Swirl — now Dole Whip can be purchased at Sunshine Tree Terrace as well. Options currently include the flavors of Pineapple, Vanilla, or a Swirl of both served in your choice of cone, cup, or in Float form.

So, why the change? It seems Aloha Isle may be closing to make way for a new restaurant in Adventureland, and Sunshine Tree Terrace will become the sole spot to find Dole Whip at Magic Kingdom.

So, what’s on tap for this possible new location? Rumor has it a Tiana-themed restaurant may be in the works.

Again, we want to stress that this is currently filed solidly under “rumor” status, but with a place as beloved as Aloha Isle, I thought I’d share.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2015/02/19/rumor-saying-goodbye-to-magic-kingdoms-aloha-isle/

Interesting.

And it makes sense- why serve Dole Whip in two locations that are almost in sight of each other?

Devores already leaked the Tiana theme.

I think this is going to happen.

TCD

Me too.

As long as I can still get some pineapple dole whip in a cup of pineapple juice SOMEWHERE, I'm happy.