A frustrating weekend with the mouse

I really hate to post this since usually our trips to Disney are for the most fun and uneventfull. We all know prices continue to rise and the golden age of Disney customer service is going to the wayside.

A few things really ticked me off on this trip:

1. Online check-in

This was the first time we tried this. We were staying at pop century so I figured the ability to have my room number texted to me and avoid the zoo at the front desk. Well, that didn't work as planned. Right before we arrived at the resort I received a text stating to continue your check in, please come to the front desk. Our room was fully paid through Priceline and the mouse had a credit card on file already. When entering the check in line, a CM with an iPad came up and asked if I needed help. I told her we checked in online then she proceed to give me our room number and a map and said have a magical day. After roaming the maze of rooms, we found our room. Hence our magic bands did not work on the door. I still don't know the deal with magic bands and resort rooms so I always bring the plain gray one assigned to my room and our AP bands. Last time the AP band would open the door. A CM told us any band that is active on your MDE will work on the hotel door for the duration of your stay. I believe this to be true since it worked at Port Orleans last month. So behold, neither band worked on our door. We walked back to the desk to fix this. I spent a half hour with an inexperienced CM not knowing what to do. All He did was call someone and ask. Finally he said how about a different room. I stated, just give me a room. Finally I got a new room. Come to find out from my wife who was waiting back at the first room, that it was actually occupied. Idiots. Next the dumb CMasked me for my band to activate it. Have no idea why. He asked if I wanted my other band activated. By this time I didn't want him touchng another one. He said I would be unable to open our room with our AP band. After this 45 minute fiasco, I was able to open the new room with my AP band. I then also noticed I recieved another text before I went to the front desk that my room was ready ironically with the new room number. I guess the girl with the iPad started this whole fiasco. This was the start of our magical weekend

I would say unbelievable, but I believe every word.

I don't know what the deal is with MB's and the resort room doors, but something seems to be amiss with the technology.

The last two trips we had which involved resort rooms, which were in December and January, we were specifically told that our AP Magicbands would not open the doors.  And they didn't.  Instead, we were issued two grey MB's which functioned solely as room keys.

For EMH's, they were able to scan our regular MB's, not the grey ones.  So the fact that we were resort guests was indicated on our MB's, but for some reason, they wouldn't work on our room locks.

Both of these trips were last minute trips where there was no time to customize new MB's for the visit.  I wonder if that had something to do with it?

TCD

Heard that from another CM's father about AP bands not being linkable. Most CM's who actually know anything about the MB always say "still in the testing stage". When I asked about why we get new one's each trip that was also the answer I got. Supposedly when the "testing" is over we will not get more bands unless we lose one and the AP bands wil be usable for Resorts as well.

As to PO they are supposedly one of the first resorts to get the new "Skip the front desk" technology so that may be why your AP band worked there. ???

Heard that from another CM's father about AP bands not being linkable. Most CM's who actually know anything about the MB always say "still in the testing stage". When I asked about why we get new one's each trip that was also the answer I got. Supposedly when the "testing" is over we will not get more bands unless we lose one and the AP bands wil be usable for Resorts as well.

As to PO they are supposedly one of the first resorts to get the new "Skip the front desk" technology so that may be why your AP band worked there. ???

As per our online check in instructions, POP was a skip the front desk. And our AP bands did work

2. Disney buses (at least this one)

This is not your normal rant about Disney transportation with long waits and such. Every Disney visitor should know by now that Disney will literally pack each bus like a sardine no matter if small Children are being smushed or sleeping, let's just get as many people to their destination and in this instance, as fast as you can.

We were leaving DHS at closing at 8pm Saturday night. We had to wait for the 3rd bus for POP which at this time of night is not a bad thing. When the 3rd bus came, we were one of the "lucky" ones who were standing room only. I always complain to my wife about this, but it is what it is and understand. However, on this trip, the driver decided to speed, swerve in and out of lanes and brake extremely hard to the point of almost all the standing people swaying so bad that some actually fell. I would love to see this fat jerk of a driver balance a sleeping child on his shoulder and another one clinging to his leg while balancing all this holding onto a strap with one hand. He was driving so bad, I actually cut my wrist and I think sprained it trying to stand still. When we got back to pop, a lot of people were relieved to be off. I was going to go to the desk and complain but my wife said why bother. Like they would do anything. I still have ice and a bandage on my wrist today.

I also noticed on this trip, if somebody has a motorized scooter, I understand they need assistance and should drive to the handicap lane for the buses, but what gives them the right to board the next bus with 8 of their family members instead of waiting until they make it through the long line. Just not right

However, on this trip, the driver decided to speed, swerve in and out of lanes and brake extremely hard to the point of almost all the standing people swaying so bad that some actually fell. I would love to see this fat jerk of a driver balance a sleeping child on his shoulder and another one clinging to his leg while balancing all this holding onto a strap with one hand. He was driving so bad, I actually cut my wrist and I think sprained it trying to stand still. When we got back to pop, a lot of people were relieved to be off. I was going to go to the desk and complain but my wife said why bother. Like they would do anything. I still have ice and a bandage on my wrist today.

According to Lou you should definitely let them know about "bad/unsafe" bus drivers.

According to Lou you should definitely let them know about "bad/unsafe" bus drivers.

It would be helpful to know where such a complaint should be made where it would do any good.

I doubt complaining to one of the college kids standing at one of the check-in counters at a resort would do a bit of good.

One frustrating thing I've noticed is that if you stop by Guest Relations in one of the parks to share a not-so-magical issue you've encountered, they don't even take notes.  They might offer you a couple of extra FP+'s or something to shut you up and make you go away, but the issue isn't even going to be reported to anyone.  Why waste your time then?

TCD

The "crochety" ex bus driver turned "schmuck faced" Convention Guide said exactly what Cyclonic said with the exception of, if you just get a bus number besure to note the time since drivers change buses. He also added WDW transportation. 407-939 7433 (407-WDW-RIDE) They do act on complaints.

The "crochety" ex bus driver turned "schmuck faced" Convention Guide said exactly what Cyclonic said with the exception of, if you just get a bus number besure to note the time since drivers change buses. He also added WDW transportation. 407-939 7433 (407-WDW-RIDE) They do act on complaints.

OK-good to know.  That would probably be much more effective than lodging a complaint at the resort or at Guest Relations in a park.

TCD

OK-good to know. That would probably be much more effective than lodging a complaint at the resort or at Guest Relations in a park.

TCD

IIRC there is also a supervisor type person in the transportation kiosks near all the bus stops at the parks and I know there is one at the MK just up and to the right of the Marina. I've already talked to them about a "bad" boat operator.

IIRC there is also a supervisor type person in the transportation kiosks near all the bus stops at the parks and I know there is one at the MK just up and to the right of the Marina. I've already talked to them about a "bad" boat operator.

Do you mind me asking what bad a boat operator could do?

One frustrating thing I've noticed is that if you stop by Guest Relations in one of the parks to share a not-so-magical issue you've encountered, they don't even take notes.  They might offer you a couple of extra FP+'s or something to shut you up and make you go away, but the issue isn't even going to be reported to anyone.  Why waste your time then?

EXACTLY my experience.  And the only reason the matter went any further is I asked for the contact information for corporate guest relations to follow up after my trip....which I did.  With just about as much satisfaction as I received from Suzie Dumbass CastMember at the park.  

EXACTLY my experience.  And the only reason the matter went any further is I asked for the contact information for corporate guest relations to follow up after my trip....which I did.  With just about as much satisfaction as I received from Suzie Dumbass CastMember at the park.  

Either we had a great day or you really had a bad one. When we had some issues several years ago(not at the FORT) I not only got a phone call, but it was followed up by a letter which included a future contact person if needed.

Do you mind me asking what bad a boat operator could do?

Watch us get 1/2 way down the dock, walk over close the rope and tell the driver all clear to leave. Even the Marina staff said he was an idiot....The boat was 2/3 empty to boot.

Either we had a great day or you really had a bad one. When we had some issues several years ago(not at the FORT) I not only got a phone call, but it was followed up by a letter which included a future contact person if needed.

Things have snowballed very quickly downhill in the past several years as far as the attitude WDW management takes toward guests.

I'll bet if the same issue arose today, you would get neither the phone call or letter.

But, they will be happy to offer you some FP+'s.  As many as it takes to shut you up.

TCD

I've been told that the Kiosk at MK is only for the boats and that I got lucky since a manager is normally not there. Also the other Kiosks are no longer staffed on a regular basis. It was also mentioned that if you know a CM (If one was still posting that would be nice) :) trans managers E mail addresses are available.