They have hit the $100 spot, no more parks for me.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ray is as sensitive about his weak beer as CA residents are about their small castle.

Only on FF.net does a thread about Disney ticket prices morph into a thread about liquor prices.  :D

I understand where you and Gwen are coming from.  If INC and I could spend several weeks at the Fort without kids and just pop into parks on a whim, it would probably hold more appeal.  I've always sa

We're trying the AP thing this year. We are here now for 9 days and are planning on spending the summer down here in Clermont (off property but close enough to come in on evenings and weekends). Now there is talk about trying to make a Halloween Party and then we are being talked to by a friend about coming back for Christmas. So hopefully we'll get our money's worth.

Within an hour we have 2 indoor water parks, everything in Philly, the Camden aquarium, six flags/hurricane harbor and sesame place. If you go 2 hours you have Hershey park, dorney park and a lot more.

Sweet. Y'all have a lot of things to do locally.

For $54 we can get a two park season pass to Frontier City (amusement park), and White Water Bay (waterpark).

For $70 I can get a season pass to the OKC Zoo. Good for me and one more adult (any adult), and up to 5 kids 3-18 yrs old.

For $54 we can get a two park season pass to Frontier City (amusement park), and White Water Bay (waterpark).

For $70 I can get a season pass to the OKC Zoo. Good for me and one more adult (any adult), and up to 5 kids 3-18 yrs old.

that's nice

what attractitions?

Hurricane Harbor

Ripleys museum

Tussards wax museum 

Legoland discovery center

Sea life Aquarium. 

(I think Legoland and sea life are technically in Grapevine)

Randolph Mills aquatic center 

Planetarium at U of Texas-Arlington. 

National Bowling Hall of fame and museum. 

Arlington Music Hall

Arlington Museum of Art

that's nice

The zoo one is the best because my DD can invite a friend or two or four.

And Frontier City is only a few miles from my DDs school so a lot of her friends have season passes. So she ends up going with her friends several times during the summer. And it has a small waterpark within the park.

Within an hour we have 2 indoor water parks, everything in Philly, the Camden aquarium, six flags/hurricane harbor and sesame place. If you go 2 hours you have Hershey park, dorney park and a lot more.

We liked the Philly area when we were last there to see a friend of mine's concert at The Mann. My only complaint is the roads always seem to be stop and go regardless of the day of the week or time of day.

Our area has improved considerably since we first moved here in 1992. We have a good selection of museums locally. There are also some nice ones in the Winston-Salem and Charlotte areas a couple of hours away. For folks that like amusement parks we have a couple within a 2-3 hour drive. Rene and I also try to get up the the Washington DC area which is only 3 1/2 4 hours away once a year. After our last visit to the parks and the rate hike we will likely spend those dollars on these where they will go farther. 

I forgot to add the other thing I didn't care for in Philly were the screwy state liquor laws. You can't buy beer in anything but a beer store where it is by the case or as packaged goods from restaurants/bars by the six or twelve pack.   :huh:      While the beer store prices weren't bad I was paying premium prices for mass produced beer as packaged goods.

The zoo one is the best because my DD can invite a friend or two or four.

And Frontier City is only a few miles from my DDs school so a lot of her friends have season passes. So she ends up going with her friends several times during the summer. And it has a small waterpark within the park.

thats the one that sounded like the best deal.

PA has been trying to fix that beer problem for a while now. It is ridiculous that you can't walk into a liquor store and buy a six pack. Also Beckers is right where NJ is slowly getting liquor & beer in supermarkets, but I wish we could buy it at a convenience store as well like most states.

Best Regards,

Norm

Philly zoo- 2 named adults and kids in their house hold is $120,

Theme park/water park combo $75 for six flags ( normally $100)

Jersey is expensive