They have hit the $100 spot, no more parks for me.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ray is as sensitive about his weak beer as CA residents are about their small castle.

Only on FF.net does a thread about Disney ticket prices morph into a thread about liquor prices.  :D

I understand where you and Gwen are coming from.  If INC and I could spend several weeks at the Fort without kids and just pop into parks on a whim, it would probably hold more appeal.  I've always sa

We decided to get FL resident seasonal passes last month after a 5 year break of not going to the parks.

On the way to the window at Downtown Disney to get them we almost changed our mind due to the crowds and rude people.  But we did get them since my 3 daughters and 2 grandkids have them.

It's amazing how much Disney( and the other parks) charge for a 1 day ticket and how much more expensive Disney's annual passes are compared to Busch, LEGOLAND, and Universal.

We will have to see if we ours next year. We have used them 2 times, so another visit and we have covered the cost then the rest are free.

We have a Platinum SeaWorld entertainment pass that gets us into 11 parks around the country, discounts and free premium parking.  They cost us around $250 for 2 years.  We did it on the payment plan, and they didn't require the 1 day full price park admission down payment like Disney.  All they did was divide the cost by 24 months and we paid the first month to get the passes.

We have kept renewing them month by month and I guess we are just lucky since they haven't raised the price.

I pay a little over $11 a month for each of our passes.

We had LEGOLAND passes, and they cost us less than $100 for the year and had free parking.

I know the cost of everything goes up, but when you look at the ticket prices over the last 10 years, I think someone had said that they have doubled.

I don't think their costs have doubled, and I know that my wages sure haven't doubled.

I think that they have priced themselves out of 99% coming to visit yearly, and they are looking for the 1% to spend spend spend.

Average people will still come, but it will become a milestone type of special occasion visit instead of a yearly/bi yearly trip.

I'm sure the finance guys/gals have crunched numbers and saw that it's not going to hurt their bottom line by raising admission prices.

And now with Wal Mart raising their wages Disney will probably have do the same if they want to keep decent workers, so expect ticket prices to really jump in 2016!

Remember you heard it here first!

In November 2013 we paid $610 each for our APs.  Don't know what the new rate will be, but assuming they go up to $650 ...

We plan to be in the parks 21 days in November 2015, hopefully I'll be there 5-6 days for WWW 2016, and then we will be back in the parks in October 2016 for 21 days.

So at $650 each that means our admission will be $13.83 per person per day.  Or even at $700 each it would be $14.89.  What a bargain!

It's a pity many people either don't know about or can't take advantage of APs.

In November 2013 we paid $610 each for our APs.  Don't know what the new rate will be, but assuming they go up to $650 ...

We plan to be in the parks 21 days in November 2015, hopefully I'll be there 5-6 days for WWW 2016, and then we will be back in the parks in October 2016 for 21 days.

So at $650 each that means our admission will be $13.83 per person per day.  Or even at $700 each it would be $14.89.  What a bargain!

You're probably there more than a lot of locals!  :lol:

I don't utilize my Busch pass all that much, but my wife and granddaughter go to Adventure Island (waterpark) about 3 days a week in the summer in the mornings before the crowds hit.

Disney passes are a bargain if you have the time to utilize them.  But they are still a lot more $$ than their competitors.

Traveling from Tampa, we will get out $$ worth out of our seasonal passes, but won't be there as much as someone from the immediate area that can run over after work when the parks are open later.

Oops, I based that on 21 days each yearly trip.  We plan to stretch it to 28 days starting with November 2015.  Must recalculate!

So at $650 each that would be $10.66 per day.

At $700 it would be $11.48 per day.

Since the fuel cost to get there is as much as an AP, it just makes sense for us to make fewer but longer trips.  Wish we were close enough for day trips!

If I had to spend 60 days in the parks within 1 year, I'd throw myself from the top of the golf ball.  We bought 5 day passes for our last trip, and that was 2 days too many.  

And on the flip side... in the 20 days we were there this year, we only didn't go into a park 2 days.  8)

And on the flip side... in the 20 days we were there this year, we only didn't go into a park 2 days.  B)

I understand where you and Gwen are coming from.  If INC and I could spend several weeks at the Fort without kids and just pop into parks on a whim, it would probably hold more appeal.  I've always said, WDW is no place to take a child.  

I understand where you and Gwen are coming from.  If INC and I could spend several weeks at the Fort without kids and just pop into parks on a whim, it would probably hold more appeal.  I've always said, WDW is no place to take a child.  

Very true - it's a different ball game for us for sure.

And really, the fact that we can get 2 annual trips in on one set of APs is the only reason we can afford so many park days when we're there. 

I had to buy a 2 day PH for WWW last year because my AP had expired - OUCH!!

Exactly! There is no way I would go into a Disney park with just regular tickets. We just don't tour like that and CAN NOT go from morning to night, and I would feel really pressured to do so, knowing that once that ticket runs through a turnstyle, the day is gone.  Even more so with nonexpiring gone. No way.

I had thought about purchasing a 10-day nonexpiring to use one day at a time over many years on those oddball trips (work) when we are on a ticket sabbatical, it just never happened. Wish I had now.

And what folks say about no kids makes a HUGE difference. For one, the cost is only multiplied by 2, instead of 3, 4, 5, 6.........

Having AP's makes a trip less stressful. You don't feel the need to make rope drop or stay till closing. You can go in and out when ever you want which makes the trip more go with the flow.

Exactly my thoughts too. This is our first year with AP's. I love the freedom of them. We'll have 2 trips with 14 days total on them by next Saturday. Then probably do another 7 to 10 days before they expire. I'm happy with that.

I agree on the AP's....the most enjoyable year of Disney trips we did was the one we had AP's.  But I was only buying 5 then, and they were ~$450/each IIRC.  Now I'm talking 7 at ~$650/each, and the cost has doubled for me.  

I'd still consider it if I could get a nice warm, ooey gooey cinnamon roll on Main Street.

$4550.00, plus tax I assume. So I don't blame you for skipping them. Not to mention the 2 extra trips you would have to make within a year.
I agree on the AP's....the most enjoyable year of Disney trips we did was the one we had AP's.  But I was only buying 5 then, and they were ~$450/each IIRC.  Now I'm talking 7 at ~$650/each, and the cost has doubled for me.  

I'd still consider it if I could get a nice warm, ooey gooey cinnamon roll on Main Street.

$4550.00, plus tax I assume. So I don't blame you for skipping them. Not to mention the 2 extra trips you would have to make within a year.

Yeah. I can buy premium AP's for Dollywood including the water park for well under $1000. I know Dollywood isn't Disney World but I think we'll have fun.

Yeah. I can buy premium AP's for Dollywood including the water park for well under $1000. I know Dollywood isn't Disney World but I think we'll have fun.

Plus a much shorter drive!!!!!

And you might see Dolly to boot....:D

In November 2013 we paid $610 each for our APs. Don't know what the new rate will be, but assuming they go up to $650 ...

So at $650 each that means our admission will be $13.83 per person per day. Or even at $700 each it would be $14.89. What a bargain!

I think the majority of people are not like most of us fiends and come to the park 1, 2, or even more times a year. We are the exception not the rule.

Most people I know go to WDW 1, 2, or even 3 times on their life time. Most people save up and go for 4,5, or 6 days. So a $100/ day ticket or $1,465.44 for a 4 day pass w/hopper for a family of 4 adds up quickly. The more they raise the price the longer a family has to save up to go. But I guess the bean counters at Disney figure there is enough families that it doesn't matter if a family has to save up for 1 year or 2 years. Eventually the ticket prices will get high enough that attendance will decline.

Is it $100? I don't know. As for me and my family. We won't be going this summer and maybe not this Christmas either, because of the price increase and the growing crowds at the parks we will be scheduling our next trip based on when we can get three trips out of one AP. Probably summer of 2016, Christmas 2016, and summer of 2017. Where before we would just plan a trip and not worry about the ticket prices. So Disney will not be getting as much of our annual vacation budget money as they used to.