They have hit the $100 spot, no more parks for me.

There is really nothing around here to by a pass for. I could drive 3 hours to Sea World. But just 15 hours more and I am at Disney.

that's almost 5 hours only 13 more and we're at disney.

:thumbsup3:

Come to NJ, we can buy it all in one store. PA is strange. Our grocery store sells beer, wine, you name it.

Here in NH you can buy beer and wine just about anywhere - grocery store, CVS, 7-11.

Hard alcohol is only available at the state liquor stores, but they're all over the place and some of them are like warehouses.  Many sell wine too.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ray is as sensitive about his weak beer as CA residents are about their small castle.

Only on FF.net does a thread about Disney ticket prices morph into a thread about liquor prices.  :D

I understand where you and Gwen are coming from.  If INC and I could spend several weeks at the Fort without kids and just pop into parks on a whim, it would probably hold more appeal.  I've always sa

Hard alcohol is only available at the state liquor stores, but they're all over the place and some of them are like warehouses.  Many sell wine too.

Interesting you should mention that. I was in the Merrimack one yesterday. It was time to replenish the alcohol cabinet.

Interesting you should mention that. I was in the Merrimack one yesterday. It was time to replenish the alcohol cabinet.

The new one they built in Nashua even has a show kitchen, demos, tastings, the works!

Prices in NH are good! I have a friend in NY that gives me her shopping list whenever we're going to be visiting. 

Although we've found that the ABC liquor store near DTD has pretty good prices compared to what we're used to.

The new one they built in Nashua even has a show kitchen, demos, tastings, the works!

Prices in NH are good! I have a friend in NY that gives me her shopping list whenever we're going to be visiting. 

Although we've found that the ABC liquor store near DTD has pretty good prices compared to what we're used to.

Whoops. we usually run up to Merrimack, We went to the one in Hudson next to the Rite Aid on 3A. MY friend was working at the assisted living place over there an we stopped to visit. 

Come to NJ, we can buy it all in one store. PA is strange. Our grocery store sells beer, wine, you name it.

We were going to do that one night but the PA State Police were running a sting operation on the bridge. They were recording license plate numbers going over to NJ and if they weren't gone long enough would pull them on the way back to PA and search their cars for contraband liquor.

In NC the ABC stores are run by the counties but they have to buy all of their booze from the state warehouse. The result is a limited selection compared to many other states and higher prices.  Fortunately beer and wine can be purchased in grocery stores so the selection and pricing is halfway decent.

A funny story from 10 or so years ago. It is not uncommon to still have dry counties and towns here. Johnson County next door to us had two votes on the ballot. One was to allow beer and wine purchases in restaurants and grocery/convenience stores. The other was to allow hard liquor by the drink in restaurants. The beer and wine passed but the hard liquor did not. For the next six months all you heard from the both sides was how they had a victory on election day. The kicker is Johnson County at the time was the largest producer of illegal moonshine in the state but neither side had anything to say about that.  

Whoops. we usually run up to Merrimack, We went to the one in Hudson next to the Rite Aid on 3A. MY friend was working at the assisted living place over there an we stopped to visit. 

Oh gosh that's the puny one!  Next time hit the one off Exit 6.  It's awesome.

And also you were about 5 minutes from my house.  Unfortunately I was having a delightful afternoon doing taxes (ugh).

Only on FF.net does a thread about Disney ticket prices morph into a thread about liquor prices.   :D

With Disney prices so high, we've got to find a way to save some money somewhere.  And liquor is about the only thing that makes these ticket prices a little easier to take.

Oh gosh that's the puny one!  Next time hit the one off Exit 6.  It's awesome.

And also you were about 5 minutes from my house.  Unfortunately I was having a delightful afternoon doing taxes (ugh).

We contemplated going to the bigger one but this one had all that we needed. 

Captain Morgan, Bailey's, Jack Daniels, Cabo Wabo, and Firefly Moonishine

We were going to do that one night but the PA State Police were running a sting operation on the bridge. They were recording license plate numbers going over to NJ and if they weren't gone long enough would pull them on the way back to PA and search their cars for contraband liquor.

They were what? You can't drive over state lines to buy liquor?!

They were what? You can't drive over state lines to buy liquor?!

Not if it is to avoid taxes. Here in NC there are limits to the amount of alcohol you can carry in your vehicle without  having a document to show you've paid taxes on it and it is for personal use. The ABC stores are supposed to provide the document and if you are caught without it your car can be confiscated along with the alcohol.

That happens around firework time too. Illegal to have in NJ but are sold in PA

FL sells beer and wine in grocery stores/ convenience stores. You get the hard stuff and everything else in a liquor store.

BUT legislation has been introduced to start selling liquor in grocery stores also. That is how it is in Nebraska. I was surprised walking down an aisle of a Super Target and found an aisle of all the popular liquors.

Oklahoma has beer in the grocery stores, but it's 3.2 watered down stuff. If you want real beer you go to a package store. Those stores are not allowed to sell ice or anything cold including soda.

Utah, I don't even want to go there. They have the weirdest laws of any state.

Oklahoma has beer in the grocery stores, but it's 3.2 watered down stuff. If you want real beer you go to a package store. Those stores are not allowed to sell ice or anything cold including soda.

Oklahoma has watered down weak beer. If I've heard it once I've heard it a million times. There's hardly any difference.

Yes our DOMESTIC BEER BOUGHT IN A GROCERY STORE is 3.2% alcohol. It's 3.2% by weight. Most beers are outside of Oklahoma are sold by volume.

Example: bud light in Oklahoma is 3.2% by weight which is 4.054% by volume. Bud light outside Oklahoma is 3.315% by weight which is 4.2% by volume.

So yes our beer is weaker. By less than 3%.

It's really nothing more than a way to allow the beer manufactures to bypass our states stupid liquor laws.

Oklahoma is one of 4 states that has 3.2% beer. Kansas, Minnesota, and yes Colorado have 3.2.% beer. You can buy the same import/strong beers in our liquor stores.

Oklahoma has watered down weak beer. If I've heard it once I've heard it a million times. There's hardly any difference.

Yes our DOMESTIC BEER BOUGHT IN A GROCERY STORE is 3.2% alcohol. It's 3.2% by weight. Most beers are outside of Oklahoma are sold by volume.

Example: bud light in Oklahoma is 3.2% by weight which is 4.054% by volume. Bud light outside Oklahoma is 3.315% by weight which is 4.2% by volume.

So yes our beer is weaker. By less than 3%.

It's really nothing more than a way to allow the beer manufactures to bypass our states stupid liquor laws.

Oklahoma is one of 4 states that has 3.2% beer. Kansas, Minnesota, and yes Colorado have 3.2.% beer. You can buy the same import/strong beers in our liquor stores.

Ray is as sensitive about his weak beer as CA residents are about their small castle.

Hey! I'm from California. And grew up at Disneyland.

Disneyland and it's castle were the first and the original.

WDW is just the jealous younger brother who always thinks that mom likes his older brother better. And she does. Lol.

Just remember the copy is never better than the original.

How far are you from Schlitterbaun? The countries best waterpark!

We went there a few years back it was ok. The one in New Braunfels. I actually live about the same distance from 3 of them in Texas. The whole time I was there I was wishing I was floating down the Guadalupe river instead. There tickets aren't cheap either. I had free tickets last season and never went. We drove to SSR instead and spent the week doing Disney water parks.

PA is still in the dark ages, beer only at distributors and wine and liquor only at state run stores. We go to Ohio to buy stuff just for the fun of the selection and uniqueness like Costco. In neighboring Ohio, you can get booze at drive through convenience stores.

In some grocery stores, you can buy beer at them. I know it is possible at one store in York, PA (it's right near where I grew up and where my in-laws live).