With all the amenities the Fort is still a good "bang for the buck"...Especially when you factor in all the $$ you save by eating at your campsite and perhaps bringing snacks into the park...Even a few waters in a back pack will save you big bucks over the vacation...We still go out for a few meals but the money saved really goes a long way so when you factor that into the equation it still makes it cost effective..

I had said this a while ago on another post about prices.

I don't particularly like the high rices, but add in the things you get for free like boat rides, movies, campfires, etc and it makes it a little more tolerable. Especially when you see the prices that some of the other sites charge for 2 people and what the extra costs are for kids/others.

Some state parks will be less expensive but what do they have to offer besides pure camping?

I've spent a buttload at the Fort. As the pics of my kids at the beach playing in the sand, flip across my pc screen saver, it's worth every dime. The quiet early morning loop walks with Zeus, who was taken from me all too soon, it's worth every dime. All the smiles and laughs, it's worth every dime.

Don't get me wrong, I still complain seeing that final bill total, but the Fort has provided something priceless. I'm sure I could have saved money elsewhere, but it is just the right thing for my family.

I look at it this way, if I am doing these park, I want to stay on property, it is just easier, and the level of service you get is extraordinary.  The Fort is pricy for a campground, but then when I compare it to the other resorts, along with having meals at the campground easily, and everything offered right there at the campground, it becomes the most affordable way to do Disney.

I even said to Becky just tonight, we will probably always stay at the the Fort when we go there, it saves enough money that we can then do the nice dinners out or spend a little more money elsewhere, and not just where we sleep at night.

With all the amenities the Fort is still a good "bang for the buck"...Especially when you factor in all the $$ you save by eating at your campsite and perhaps bringing snacks into the park...Even a few waters in a back pack will save you big bucks over the vacation...We still go out for a few meals but the money saved really goes a long way so when you factor that into the equation it still makes it cost effective..

Very true. Last night we had a great dinner at the camper that cost for my family of 5 about $20. Tonight we had dinner at Rainforest.....$110

For a family of more than 4 every time I've looked it's still the least expensive way to stay on WDW property.  And the last time we stayed (Thanksgiving 2013) that included the cost of renting a pop up.  Also still the best campground restrooms I've experienced. 

Have not even been yet, booked for Nov ( first time). It's a great rate. Maybe some of you are spoiled, but in the northeast prices like the Fort's are the norm at far less " inclusive" campgrounds. I have Memorial Day booked at a Yogi Bears in NY it's $78 per night. Jersey Shore in July is over $100 with tax. Long Beach Island NJ is $68 in...October...Burrrrrr. The rest are in the 45-50 dollar range for full hookups. So..... Considering that I was ecstatic to see how " reasonable " the Fort prices were.

You can't put a price on the kids happiness. When I grew up, we were at the fort 3 to 4 times a year from the time we were born up to the time we hit middle school. Now that I have kids, I understand why we were there so much. For kids it is a fail proof vacation. Maybe not for the adults at times but for the kids it is. We enjoyed it growing up and the one time my kids have been there (DD at 1 year old and DS at 4 years old) they really enjoyed it (mostly the trips on the monorail and boats which are free).

I know when I make my reservations, I cringe every time I hit the submit button because I see the cost. When I get there I know that we will have a great time. To me it is worth every penny considering the parks available to us in Ohio are fairly expensive if they are not state parks and they offer the basic amenities. We are fairly new to camping so we have not ventured out of Ohio other than the Fort and the Smoky Mountains. There may be good things around us that I don't know, but that unknown may make the kids unhappy which makes the wife and I unhappy.

RTGuy007

Have not even been yet, booked for Nov ( first time). It's a great rate. Maybe some of you are spoiled, but in the northeast prices like the Fort's are the norm at far less " inclusive" campgrounds. I have Memorial Day booked at a Yogi Bears in NY it's $78 per night. Jersey Shore in July is over $100 with tax. Long Beach Island NJ is $68 in...October...Burrrrrr. The rest are in the 45-50 dollar range for full hookups. So..... Considering that I was ecstatic to see how " reasonable " the Fort prices were.

I know what you mean. I see people post what they paid at places and a lot of times we are paying twice what they pay.

True, there is a campground in Pensacola Beach that's around $100 a night. It's basically a parking lot. Of course, we stay at Ft Pickens for less than $30. The Fort is still great when you add up all of the +'s.

BTW we love Ft Pickens because it is 30 bucks and pretty much a secluded beach