I know how we are all getting upset at high the rates at the Fort are going but I just looked at Carowinds this year and for our size rig they are at just under $100, I am sure Cedar Point is the same if not higher. They both look nice we have been to Cedar Point and like it but not as nice as the Fort plus more out in the open. They are great if your doing the parks but I feel that's about it.

Our sentiments exactly. Also when you figure in the extra charges for kids that over 11 or more than their maximum for the younger set you will be paying more than the FORT.

I did not even look at that as it is mostly just me & the wife.

I did not even look at that as it is mostly just me & the wife.

That has always been our gripe, many private CG are not family friendly where as the FORT is. Even though it is just the two us as well, we don't mind a little higher fee so that families (we were there once with 3 kids ourselves) aren't left out.

I agree that the overall value of the Fort is still ok.  Christmas week rates are awful, but they sell out so I can't fault them.  My primary complaints about Disney are more relative to customer service and the overall park experience, but I do hope to camp at the Fort sometime in the next couple of years even if we don't enter a park.  

We camped at the Nashville KOA over Thanksgiving.  It was somewhere around $80/night and, while very nice, is certainly not the Fort.  

Normandy Farms up this way in MA is billed as a "resort" and does have several pools, a restaurant, frisbee golf and lots of family friendly activities. Their regular season prices are right up there with the Fort and the sites are nowhere near as nice.  There is very little if anything between you and your neighbor, and all the sites in the middle of the campground are very much like a parking lot with some grass.

We camped there in May a few years ago - so off season - and a site without sewer cost us almost $70/night.

We were going to try Normady Farms years ago for the NCAA final four in lacrosse but the rates were at the highest seeing it was Memorial Day weekend, always wanted to try there but guess if we don't go off season it will be out of our price range.

Normandy Farms up this way in MA is billed as a "resort" and does have several pools, a restaurant, frisbee golf and lots of family friendly activities. Their regular season prices are right up there with the Fort and the sites are nowhere near as nice. There is very little if anything between you and your neighbor, and all the sites in the middle of the campground are very much like a parking lot with some grass.

We camped there in May a few years ago - so off season - and a site without sewer cost us almost $70/night.

Mo, remember a northern campground has a "season" in which they have to make all their money for the whole year. They still pay a lot of bills those months the campground is under snow.

We were going to try Normady Farms years ago for the NCAA final four in lacrosse but the rates were at the highest seeing it was Memorial Day weekend, always wanted to try there but guess if we don't go off season it will be out of our price range.

It's nice, but it wasn't anywhere near as nice as the Fort and we honestly didn't think it was worth the money.

Mo, remember a northern campground has a "season" in which they have to make all their money for the whole year. They still pay a lot of bills those months the campground is under snow.

Very true!

Can you even swim in a pool in the summertime in MA?  Do they have to be heated all year round?

Normandy Farms has at least an indoor pool that I think is heated.  We didn't use it, but friends of ours took their kids.

When I was a kid living up there I swam every summer. The base covered the pool each fall so it could continue to be used through the winter.

We had an above ground pool when I was a kid and it rarely got above 70 degrees.  We swam in it anyway. 

But then we went to the ocean swimming too, even when the ocean water barely got above 60.  B)

Kids will swim in anything!  Would you do it now?

It's nice, but it wasn't anywhere near as nice as the Fort and we honestly didn't think it was worth the money

Good then I won't feel like I missed anything. Plus now without the kids are not camping as much with us are needs & wants in a campground has changed.

We used the indoor pool at Normandy Farms in mid-May and it was very nice.   It was way too early for the outdoor pools, of course.  But they looked nice.  

We have friends with kids that love it there.  They've even done a seasonal reservation a few times.

For us it was too open and too pricey for just hanging out around the campfire. 

We have friends with kids that love it there.  They've even done a seasonal reservation a few times.

For us it was too open and too pricey for just hanging out around the campfire. 

It was also quite dead the week we were there, so those small sites didn't seem so small as we had no neighbors.  And since we were just using the place as a base camp to explore Boston, Newport and Martha's Vineyard, it worked well.  

I think when we complain about fort pricing, most of us think of times we camped as child with our parents and friends and could stay at a KOA or a state park for under $20 bucks a night, sometimes cheaper. As much as I flip the mouse off every time we book a trip to the fort for a concrete pad and a rusty grill for sometimes over $100 a night, we have to remember what year it is and what you get at the fort compared to other places. Now If they could just provide towels at the pool, It would feel more like a Disney resort

I think when we complain about fort pricing, most of us think of times we camped as child with our parents and friends and could stay at a KOA or a state park for under $20 bucks a night, sometimes cheaper. As much as I flip the mouse off every time we book a trip to the fort for a concrete pad and a rusty grill for sometimes over $100 a night, we have to remember what year it is and what you get at the fort compared to other places. Now If they could just provide towels at the pool, It would feel more like a Disney resort

All true!

Sil just wants the Mickey Soaps.

With all the amenities the Fort is still a good "bang for the buck"...Especially when you factor in all the $$ you save by eating at your campsite and perhaps bringing snacks into the park...Even a few waters in a back pack will save you big bucks over the vacation...We still go out for a few meals but the money saved really goes a long way so when you factor that into the equation it still makes it cost effective..