Nothing is Florida is fast it seems.  They are beginning a six year construction project on I-4 in Orange and Seminole counties.

State transportation officials are embarking this month on a six-year, $2.3 billion makeover to a vital, 21-mile stretch that produces congestion so thick that frustrated commuters often call it the "I-4 parking lot.

Entire article

Oh goodie.  DH and I drove over to Plant City from WDW in November and were just saying how it seemed like I-4 had been under construction FOREVER.

From what I've seen, construction is going to be from around WDW eastbound towards downtown Orlando and maybe a little further.

They just announced the possibility of doing the same thing here in Tampa, and where they want to put it has been under construction for the last 3 years and isn't even done yet.

• 2 weeks later...

With the title of this thread it will go on forever cause the construction sure seems to.

Nothing is Florida is fast it seems.  They are beginning a six year construction project on I-4 in Orange and Seminole counties.

State transportation officials are embarking this month on a six-year, $2.3 billion makeover to a vital, 21-mile stretch that produces congestion so thick that frustrated commuters often call it the "I-4 parking lot.

Entire article

That's over $109 million a mile.  Somebody is making money.  Good grief.   

With the title of this thread it will go on forever cause the construction sure seems to.

That's over $109 million a mile.  Somebody is making money.  Good grief.   

It's outrageous.

And, don't forget how Governor Scott scrapped the plans for there to be a light rail system that may have alleviated the need for some of this work.  And a big chunk of that money was coming from the federal government.

I wonder how much money the ultimate recipients of the $2.3 billion contributed to his campaign?

TCD

Anybody notice all the palm trees being planted on the interstates. They are being purchased from California, think what that cost us.

I may have told this story..

One of our last trips, my daughter asked why there were boards around the outside of the Palm trees. I explained that "they are there to support the trees." With a straight face, I added, "they used to pay a guy to clap and cheer "you can do it", but he quit." It took my daughter a few minutes to figure out I was joking and why my wife was laughing so hard.