I have booked a trip to the fort in Nov. This is our first time. We will be traveling from Northern PA. Thinking about stopping at South Of The Border for the night on way down. Maybe two stops on way back. New Green Acres SC and Yogi Bears Emporia VA. That said I know nothing. I have been lurking on your forum for months reading old posts. Decided to sign up and join the fun. We're soooooooo excited. About us. Wife and I, and our girls (2) (4). We have a 35'TT. Not bringing the dogs. Might bring the golf cart. Wanna focus on stuff for the kids. Staying at the fort Sunday - checking out Friday. 5 nights. Thinking of doing 2 day passes. Should I do 3. 4. Or is 2 good. Kids are little, tire out quick. What do I need to know, do, go, eat, etc. any and all tips welcome. Looking foreword to joining your obsession and making this a family tradition.

I have booked a trip to the fort in Nov. This is our first time. We will be traveling from Northern PA. Thinking about stopping at South Of The Border for the night on way down. Maybe two stops on way back. New Green Acres SC and Yogi Bears Emporia VA. That said I know nothing. I have been lurking on your forum for months reading old posts. Decided to sign up and join the fun. We're soooooooo excited. About us. Wife and I, and our girls (2) (4). We have a 35'TT. Not bringing the dogs. Might bring the golf cart. Wanna focus on stuff for the kids. Staying at the fort Sunday - checking out Friday. 5 nights. Thinking of doing 2 day passes. Should I do 3. 4. Or is 2 good. Kids are little, tire out quick. What do I need to know, do, go, eat, etc. any and all tips welcome. Looking foreword to joining your obsession and making this a family tradition.

WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats on joining the party! 

Is this also your first time to Disney? There is a lot to do at the parks, but there is also a lot to do at the Fort. My son has been going since he was only a few months old, so I can give advice on naps and breaks (do them!) etc. You might want to do 3 half days instead of 2 full days since they're young. 

Ask tons of questions! There are lots of people with good ideas around here. 

If you have a way to bring your cart, I'd bring it. 

I was to Disney as a kid, as was my wife. 20+ years ago. Half days sound good. Don't know how much of the park I can expect to cover in a day. With kids. Want to see everything. Didn't know how long it would take to get from fort to parks and back. Is returning for naps feasible or does it take to long. Planning to just do the safari and magic kingdom. Kids are obsessed with Mickey Mouse clubhouse and Jake and the Nederland pirates shows.

Goose, welcome! We're from Pittsburgh, and are heading down end of March. I would think that if you can swing it, get a 3 day in case on of the days you go is out of hand busy or the girls want to go back. Also you won't feel as pressured to "do it all" in one day, honestly just sight seeing I'd a half day. As far a travel to the parks, take the boat from the campground marina right to the MK, kids will love it. To the Animal kingdom is the farthest point on property and honestly, I would drive over, unless you just want to chill on about an hour long commute from site to bus to bus 2 . Take it slow and hope you have a treat time.

And I'll mention my favorite part of bringing the camper to the fort- packing a dozen mickey bars in the freezer for the house!

Welcome! Welcome! Welcome!!

I say bring the golf cart.

There's so much to do at the fort for the kids. They won't want to leave.

I say buy the 2 day passes. If you want to add a third day and pay the difference between a 2 day ticket and a 3 day ticket.

I'm assuming y'all haven't been to WDW before so I say pick a few things you really want to do and do them. May I suggest It's a Small World and meeting some characters, I. E. Mickey, Minnie, princesses, etc. what if any Disney shows do your kids watch?

At the Fort there is the Hoop Dee Doo Revue. It's a dinner show. Lots of fun but since your girls are younger I would look into doing Mickey"s Backyard BBQ, also at the Fort. They'll get to dance around with and meet some Disney characters.

My favorite restaurant is the Biergarten at Epcot. Great german food (buffet) and german food, a nice show. The my DD (dear Daughter) always gets up and dances with me or other little kids.

Second favorite is O'Hana. It's an Hawaiian themed restaurant with awesome food, all you care to eat, but it's not a buffet they bring skewers of grilled beef, pork, chicken, and shrimp. Along with sides. But stay away from the sides. They just bring them out to try to fill you up before the meat comes out. Lol

I was to Disney as a kid, as was my wife. 20+ years ago. Half days sound good. Don't know how much of the park I can expect to cover in a day. With kids. Want to see everything. Didn't know how long it would take to get from fort to parks and back. Is returning for naps feasible or does it take to long. Planning to just do the safari and magic kingdom. Kids are obsessed with Mickey Mouse clubhouse and Jake and the Nederland pirates shows.

All the Jake and Disney Jr stuff is at Hollywood Studios. There's actually a character meal with Jake, Doc McStuffins, and Sophia. Puppets of them are also in the Disney Jr show. You could also see an Ariel and Beauty and the Beast show there. They might like all of that more than the safari. There aren't many rides for them there though, but most people love Toy Story Midway Mania.

Animal Kingdom is the farthest park and the one we've never taken a break from.

No matter what, you won't see everything, even if you did 5 full days.

Plan on one hour to get from your site to the magic kingdom. It may not take that long but it's a good rule of thumb. Drive your golf cart to the marina and jump on the boat. If the boat is there when you get to the marina it's a short boat ride to the Magic Kingdom. I'd go in the morning, come back for a nap and go back in the evening for castle lighting and fireworks. Or just watch the fireworks from Clementines Beach, next to the marina.

Animal Kingdom is the furthest park from the Fort again an hour is a good rule of thumb. But it may take longer to get there. That's assuming your using Disney's buses. Which I highly recommend. Drive your golf cart to the front of the fort, where you checked in (the reception outpost) and catch the bus there. Actually next to it at the Outpost Depot. Check your map.

Epcot and Hollywood Studios IIRC is about a 15-25 bus ride. (Once you get on the bus). But again give yourself an hour to get anywhere by bus. Again you'll catch the bus at the Outpost Depot

If the kids like Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Neverland Pirates you have to go to Hollywood Studios and take them to Disney Junior - Live on Stage. My DD loved it when she was younger.

Wow. All good info. Keep it coming. Sounds like there's lots to do at Fort itself? That sounds great. More tips on that please. My sister is a liberty travel agent and is telling me I need the " memory maker". Is it worth it, do you get lots of pics? Do you guys recommend park hopping, or stick w one per day. I only planned MK and safari. But if all the Disney Jr. stuff is in Hollywood that is gonna be my third day. Such a cool forum!!!!!

Where are you from in PA? Personally if you are doing limited park days I would skip animal kingdom, especially if you are going just for the safari. Look up Lake Tobias Wildlife park in Halifax, PA. Way better than animal kingdom's safari.

If your kids are into Jake, Doc, Etc you need to check out Hollywood studios and do the character meal at Hollywood and Vine. The breakfast is good plus it's Sofia, Doc, Jake and Handy Manny. They visit your table and then every 20 mins or so dance and the kids can go dance with them. Plus Hollywood studios as the playhouse Disney junior show (it's called something like that).

I would allow 2 days for the MK.

You can't possibly do everything so don't try. Naps are vital, nothing is worse that kids and parents having melt downs.

When will you be there in Nov? If my husband time off is approved we will be there in the beginning.

So much to do at the fort for the kids. The playground and pool are huge hits with my kids. We haven't made it to the sing a long with chip and dale yet or the movie but we will some day.

Where are you from in PA? Personally if you are doing limited park days I would skip animal kingdom, especially if you are going just for the safari. Look up Lake Tobias Wildlife park in Halifax, PA. Way better than animal kingdom's safari.

If your kids are into Jake, Doc, Etc you need to check out Hollywood studios and do the character meal at Hollywood and Vine. The breakfast is good plus it's Sofia, Doc, Jake and Handy Manny. They visit your table and then every 20 mins or so dance and the kids can go dance with them. Plus Hollywood studios as the playhouse Disney junior show (it's called something like that).

I agree...especially if you're only spending two or three days at the parks and your kiddos are 2 and 4. You'll want to focus your time on the Magic Kingdom and then Hollywood Studios.   If it were me, I would plan on at least 3 days in the parks but make them half days with a 3 hour break in the middle so the girls can nap and you all can take a break from the crowds.  If it's warm enough, you'll want to spend time at the Fort's pool, there are several play grounds, the beach area is a lot of fun as are the stables (and pony rides! :) ).  Definitely take your golf cart if you can.

Enjoy!!   Several Fiends will be at the Fort in November so look for our signs and pop in to say hello!

Wow. All good info. Keep it coming. Sounds like there's lots to do at Fort itself? That sounds great. More tips on that please. My sister is a liberty travel agent and is telling me I need the " memory maker". Is it worth it, do you get lots of pics? Do you guys recommend park hopping, or stick w one per day. I only planned MK and safari. But if all the Disney Jr. stuff is in Hollywood that is gonna be my third day. Such a cool forum!!!!!

Things to do at the fort.

Pony rides at Tri-Circle-D Ranch

Visiting the horse barn at the TCD ranch (these the horses they use in the parades)

Carriage rides.

Horse back riding

Archery

Segway tour

Playgrounds.

Fishing

Canoeing

Video arcade.

Swimming pools (meadows pool has a nice kids area( I'm not sure if the other pool does or not))

Chip n dales campfire.

Movie at the campfire.

Boat rentals.

Bike riding ( you can rent them at the fort)

And sitting in a rocking chair on the porch at Crockett's Tavern watching the kids play. (Having a cold bier)

Did I forget anything?

Welcome Goose!!

Loads of activities at the Fort.  They'll give you a schedule and info when you check in, but you can check out what the Activities schedule looks like for February here...

http://www.fortfiends.net/_/activities/fort-wilderness-activities-schedule-february-r391

We should have the March schedule posted around the 1st of the month.

We've also got a Site Map page where we store a lot of info on activities and other things at the Fort. You can find it here...

http://www.fortfiends.net/_/info/site-map-find-what-you-need-here-r99

I would skip Animal Kingdom in it's entirety for this trip.  Wait until the kids are a little older for that one.

I would also skip park hopping for this trip.  You will have your hands full with the little ones.  What is going to drive you nuts is figuring out what ticket you want.  You will need 3 tickets, 2 adult and 1 child.  Under 4, no tickets.  Check out both the Disney Pricing, and Undercover Tourist where you can save depending on the ticket you buy.

Memory Maker is $169 purchased in advance.  Personally, you gotta really like photos to spend that....

Bring the golf cart and you will have a blast at the Fort.

Visiting the horse barn at the TCD ranch (these the horses they use in the parades)

Carriage rides.

Horse back riding

Archery

Segway tour

Playgrounds.

Fishing

Canoeing

Video arcade.

Swimming pools (meadows pool has a nice kids area( I'm not sure if the other pool does or not))

Chip n dales campfire.

Movie at the campfire.

Boat rentals.

And sitting in a rocking chair on the porch at Crockett's Tavern watching the kids play. (Having a cold bier)

Did I forget anything?

Memory Maker is great and since it's your first trip I'd spend the money for it. All the big stuff, Cinderella Castle, all the entrances to the park and dozen of other area have Disney photographers that will take your families picture. And you'll get pix of y'all on some of the rides and all the pictures when you meet the characters.

I'd say no on park hopping. It's $60/ ticket extra and I would use that money to buy an extra day and visit another park.

Memory Maker is great and since it's your first trip I'd spend the money for it. All the big stuff, Cinderella Castle, all the entrances to the park and dozen of other area have Disney photographers that will take your families picture. And you'll get pix of y'all on some of the rides and all the pictures when you meet the characters.

When you say it like that my advice sounds bad.....

I agree, no parking hopping. It's a lot of money and your kids are young. I've never parked hopped with my son (we took him at 2, 3 and 5).

I like memory maker because you have enough to handle with kids, autograph books/pens etc. I just let photopass take the pics, sometimes the candid ones are better than the posed. It's up to you on how many times you stop besides when you visit characters.

We just got passes after a 5 year hiatus.

During that time we have stayed at the Fort numerous times without visiting any of the parks.

I think most of the things to do have been covered but I don't remember seeing Animal Kingdom Lodge mentioned.

They have tons of activities (free) for kids to do including rubbings in the lobby off of these giant brass disks, cookie decorating, animal watching, face painting, and our grandkids favorite a craft/play room where they have a lot of free crafts and some they charge for.  It also has kid appropriate Disney movies playing non stop and various video games (Wii, Playstation, X Box).  There is a balcony outside of the room where you can relax and watch the animals while the kids play.

Stop at the main desk and ask for the activity calendar and a map.  But be warned there are 2 lodges and the activities are split between them. With little ones its a pretty good hike between them.

Carriage rides.

Horse back riding

Archery

Segway tour

Playgrounds.

Fishing

Canoeing

Video arcade.

Chip n dales campfire.

Movie at the campfire.

Boat rentals.

Did I forget anything?

Fireworks on the beach and the Electric Water Parade.