The annual passholder newsletter is advertising that AP holders can pre-purchase the 24-hour MK Event t-shirts until April 19...

http://www.disneystore.com/mp/1376038/1001081/?CMP=DTPM-CMR&att=PARKS_WDWAP_CoolestSummer_Adult&CMP=EMC-WDWFY15Q3WDWPHAPRENEWS0003

Apparently the one "new" thing at WDW this year is that it's a color changing t-shirt. 

Ooooooohhh!!!

Just for kicks I put one of the shirts in my cart, and the total cost, with shipping is $37.90  (and they're probably going to add sales tax to that at check out).  Wow.

As far as I can tell, they aren't asking for proof that you have an AP to let you buy it.

TCD

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/03/giant-sand-castle-in-the-snow-announces-24-hour-party-coolest-summer-ever-at-walt-disney-world-resort/   May 22nd is the next 24 hour day. who's going?  

DIT will need to give you a nickname first.   How about "Totally?'   TCD

The Disney Parks Blog posted a list of 24 things you can do at the 24 hour Coolest Summer Ever Eventtm at the Magic Kingdom.   Aside from the unique times some of the activities are scheduled, there i

As far as I can tell, they aren't asking for proof that you have an AP to let you buy it.

I wondered about that.

I bought a shirt the first time I went, but couldn't bring myself to spend the money last year. It was just a so-so shirt, the design wasn't anything fabulous, the cost was silly and I didn't want to lug it around.

The color changing shirt is actually pretty nifty... but not for that price.

Unless I actually end up going.

Then I might have to get it.  :rofl2:

I wondered about that.

I bought a shirt the first time I went, but couldn't bring myself to spend the money last year. It was just a so-so shirt, the design wasn't anything fabulous, the cost was silly and I didn't want to lug it around.

The color changing shirt is actually pretty nifty... but not for that price.

Unless I actually end up going.

Then I might have to get it.  :rofl2:

I have a shirt from each of the three prior 24 hour events.

Somehow, I think it will be hard for me not to buy one if I'm at this one.

TCD

The Disney Parks Blog just announced that in Disneyland, they will have a couple of restaurants open at 12 am to serve a special breakfast which will include reserved seating at a special showing of the brand new World of Color show at 3 am: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/04/world-of-color-dining-packages-available-for-disneyland-resort-diamond-celebration-24-hour-kickoff-event/

That's more cool stuff Disneyland will have that WDW won't.

This is getting bad.

TCD

• 3 weeks later...

The Disney Parks Blog has posted a complete list with lots of photos, of all the special food items being offered for the Disneyland 24 hour event, kicking off the Diamond Celebration...

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/05/complete-list-of-special-eats-for-disneyland-resort-diamond-celebration-24-hour-event-may-22-23/

Lots of stuff looks good, but Mickey bread bowl = awesomesauce.  :)

From the Disney Parks Blog...

We’re kicking off this year’s 24-hour celebration in Magic Kingdom Park at Walt Disney World Resort with a special sweepstakes – a chance to win a prize that’ll include admission to 24 hours of fun at Magic Kingdom Park, a special breakfast and a screening of Disney’s “Tomorrowland” film on the same day it’s released in theaters, May 22, 2015.

csycsy645811-613x545.jpg

The Disney Parks Blog-hosted event begins at 6 a.m. on May 22 at Walt Disney World Resort. We’ll start with an early breakfast at Cosmic Ray’s in Tomorrowland at Magic Kingdom Park that’ll include photo opportunities.

After breakfast, attendees will have the opportunity to see Disney’s mystery adventure movie “Tomorrowland” at AMC Downtown Disney 24 (transportation from Magic Kingdom Park to Downtown Disney will be provided). In Disney’s riveting mystery adventure “Tomorrowland,” a jaded scientist and an optimistic teen embark on a danger-filled mission to unearth the secrets of an enigmatic place somewhere in time and space. Directed by two-time Oscar® winner Brad Bird, “Tomorrowland” stars Academy Award® winner George Clooney as scientist and former boy-genius Frank Walker and Britt Robertson as Casey Newton. Featuring a screenplay by “Lost” writer and co-creator Damon Lindelof and Brad Bird, from a story by Lindelof & Bird & Jeff Jensen, “Tomorrowland” promises to take audiences on a thrill ride of nonstop adventures through new dimensions that have only been dreamed of.

Please read the official rules before you enter the sweepstakes. Now, to enter, send us an email titled “24 Hours in the Park,” your complete name and if you will be bringing a guest to [email protected], and we’ll select 250 winners. Only one guest is permitted.

Also, there are a few things you should know:

• All winners must be US residents and 18 years or older, but guests do not need to be 18 or older as long as the winner is the parent or legal guardian of the guest who is under 18.
  • Disney’s “Tomorrowland” is rated PG.
  • Park admission to Magic Kingdom Park for May 22, 2015 will be provided as part of the prize.
  • Limit one guest per winner.
  • We will send an email to individuals who are selected as winners to confirm their attendance for the event.
  • If confirmed, it will be necessary for the winner and guest to check in at the Transportation & Ticket Center (TTC), adjacent to Magic Kingdom Park parking, at 5 a.m. for access to the event. The confirmation will include those details.
  • Valid photo I.D. will be required at check-in.
  • Prizes are non-transferrable and have no cash value.
  • Prize will be for the winner and guest.
  • If you do not receive an email from us notifying you that you are a winner, then you have not won the prize.
  • The event is subject to change or cancellation.

Also, here are some other things you should know:

• Please arrive early. No one will be admitted late.

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C who are 18 years of age or older (or age of majority), as of entry. Sweepstakes starts 1:00 PM (ET) on 5/19/15 and ends 3:00 PM (ET) on 5/19/15. Limit one entry per person/email address. See Official Rules for details. Prize must be redeemed on 5/22/15. Prize does not include travel to or accommodations at Walt Disney World® Resort in Orlando, FL.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/05/tomorrowland-24-hours-at-walt-disney-world-resort-sweepstakes/

More from Disney Parks Blog...

We’re gearing up to have the Coolest Summer Ever at Walt Disney World Resort, and what better way to kick it off than with a 24-Hour party at Magic Kingdom Park?

I have a few tips for finding great bites during the 24-Hour Party at Magic Kingdom Park:

For breakfast, you can’t go wrong with a cup of coffee and a pastry (or a cupcake; I don’t judge) from Main Street Bakery. A favorite for me are the waffles from Sleepy Hollow in Liberty Square, delicious served topped with strawberries and whipped cream or as a ham and cheese omelet sandwich—either way, you can’t go wrong.

BeachParty-613x427.jpg

Cupcakes celebrating the 24-Hour Party will be available at Main Street Bakery and Gaston’s Tavern. Since we’re kicking off the Coolest Summer Ever, everything from cotton candy to our lemonade is turning blue!

For lunch, I love the Pot Roast Macaroni and Cheese or Bacon Cheeseburger Macaroni and Cheese from The Friar’s Nook. Or, still in Fantasyland, I enjoy watching the ‘it’s a small world’ boats drift by in Pinocchio Village Haus while enjoying one of their delicious flatbreads (the Caprese is my favorite—I love the juicy tomatoes and balsamic drizzle).

lemonade.jpg

Hang loose during the Tomorrowland beach party, starting at 4 p.m., and grab a snack at The Lunching Pad, featuring a tropical watermelon lemonade, a special gourmet hot dog topped with pulled pork and cole slaw and a crisped rice treat shaped like a flip-flop available only during the beach party.

For dinner, ample seating and air conditioning can’t be beat—it’s the best way to recharge. Try the new Deluxe Chicken Sandwich with pepper jack cheese, bacon and chipotle mayo at Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Café, or try one of the new Rice Bowls (choose from beef or veggie) at Tortuga Tavern. In Liberty Square, the Seafood Mac and Cheese—cheesy goodness made with lobster and shrimp—and Chicken Pot Pie from Columbia Harbor House hit the mark for comfort food (both entrees are only available after 4 p.m.).

Looking for dessert? There’s nothing like watching Wishes from Main Street with a sundae from Plaza Ice Cream Parlor in hand—be sure to try Olaf’s take on this sweet treat! If dessert isn’t your thing, and you’re looking for a late-night snack instead, give the gourmet waffle fries from Golden Oak Outpost a try.

Olaf24small.jpg OlafCupcakeGlobalsmall.jpg

For the night owls who make it to the wee hours of the morning, Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café will offer a breakfast plate loaded up with crispy bacon, fluffy scrambled eggs and herb-crusted roasted red skin potatoes.

My fellow Disney Parks Blog author, Pam Brandon, will be giving you east-coast food updates on May 22, and I’ll be live-blogging the Disneyland Diamond Celebration Kickoff in California!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/05/fuel-your-24-hour-party-fun-at-magic-kingdom-park-on-may-22/

If TcD misses this, I'll be sad.

Need to figure out when he posted he was leaving and try and figure out if he will be back in time.

Bets on if his flight from Paris is a little longer than normal? Maybe... 4-5 hours longer?   8)

If Aer Lingus does its job I will be there with time to spare. We start early tomorrow morning with a flight from Paris to Dublin and then from Dublin to Orlando, arriving at 6:20 pm. I planned this trip before the 24 hour day was announced, but had the foresight to just happen to be in Orlando in time to attend. Hopefully I'll grab a few hours of sleep before I hit that 6 am rope drop.

TCD

If Aer Lingus does its job I will be there with time to spare. We start early tomorrow morning with a flight from Paris to Dublin and then from Dublin to Orlando, arriving at 6:20 pm. I planned this trip before the 24 hour day was announced, but had the foresight to just happen to be in Orlando in time to attend. Hopefully I'll grab a few hours of sleep before I hit that 6 am rope drop.

TCD

Too bad you don't have time at Dublin to see the "Dead Zoo".