Unique Side Trip Planned on our Upcoming Disneyland Vacation

Rick is a HUGE Let's Make a Deal and Price is Right fan. While I was watching with him this morning, he mentioned it would be cool to go to the show.

Enter Google.....

We now have two tickets to a taping of Price is Right on April 20th. We have to be there at noon, and we'll be there all afternoon.

So far we've decided to make a day of it, leave really early in the morning and drive up the "1" to Santa Monica, then over to Hollywood.

I found a Hertz location right next to our hotel, so got a 2-day rental on points.

Has anybody ever done this??

Unfortunately, no cameras, no phones in or near the studio, but I'll take some good pictures of the drive up and outside.

Any good restaurants on the drive up or back anybody know of?

Where are you staying? What type of food would you be looking for?

I haven't lived in SoCal since the late 70's and last our visit to see family was in the 90's. Some of my favorites are still around but I don't know if they are still up to snuff. I still have a lot of family that lives in the Orange County area and can ask around for suggestions if you like. I will say I've always liked the Blue Bayou located inside Disneyland. They serve Cajun style food. It overlooks part of the Pirates of the Caribbean ride and come complete with fireflies flitting around. If you have time and can get reservations I highly recommend eating there.

We'll be at Disneyland for a full 8 days and so far we do have Blue Bayou and Carthay Circle booked.

We have plans for Bubba Gumps right next to the hotel on arrival day.

We're staying at the Indigo on Katella.

I was mainly asking about our drive on the "1" on our day trip to Hollywood.

Maybe some unique dinner spot on the coast in between Anaheim and Santa Monica.

This sounds like a lot of fun!

The only place we ate off site during our quick Disneyland trip this past December was at a chain called In-N-Out Burger.  The food was excellent there, and I suggest that on your list.  It's fast food, though, so maybe not what you're looking for.

I will be paying attention to this thread.  I expect to visit Anaheim a few times before the end of the year.

TCD

We'll be at Disneyland for a full 8 days and so far we do have Blue Bayou and Carthay Circle booked.

We have plans for Bubba Gumps right next to the hotel on arrival day.

We're staying at the Indigo on Katella.

I was mainly asking about our drive on the "1" on our day trip to Hollywood.

Maybe some unique dinner spot on the coast in between Anaheim and Santa Monica.

Check the Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives website.

Back in college my friend's aunt won the showcase showdown on the Price is Right. She won several prizes but when they figured out the taxes she only ended up with one big prize (I think it was a trip).

Have a great time and good luck! I always wanted to spin that big wheel they have.

I think we need a road trip to DDD sites around the country.

DW and I have talked about doing this down the road when the kids re out of school.....road trip to different baseball stadiums, national parks, DDD eats, etc.......in a brand new Moho maybe. Sounds fun to me.