Rumor: Captain EO Closing / Tomorrowland Movie Preview

Mmmmmm...Elsa...

Check it out:

BgKFPcyCQAELHIk.jpg_large.jpg?resize=640

The New World Order.

Snow White? In the back, beyotch! Little Mermaid? You stand right there, behind my cape. Belle or whoever you are in that yellow dress? In the back! There's a new sheriff in town, girls.

And notice the coattail rider is nowhere in sight.

Merida can beat her butt with 1 hand tied behind her back!

Mmmmmm...Elsa...

Check it out:

BgKFPcyCQAELHIk.jpg_large.jpg?resize=640

The New World Order.

Snow White? In the back, beyotch! Little Mermaid? You stand right there, behind my cape. Belle or whoever you are in that yellow dress? In the back! There's a new sheriff in town, girls.

And notice the coattail rider is nowhere in sight.

Where the heck did this photo come from?

Are some of those princesses dudes?

TCD

Merida can beat her butt with 1 hand tied behind her back!

I'm sorry...who? Oh...yeah...you mean that character out of that movie that made less money than "Madagascar 3"! I gotcha now.

Elsa = #1 animated movie of all time.

Oh, and I agree -- Captain Eo sucks. And is disturbing. Michael Jackson = creep. Go away. Cheap Star Wars ripoff by the guy who allegedly wrote Star Wars.

I'm sorry...who? Oh...yeah...you mean that character out of that movie that made less money than "Madagascar 3"! I gotcha now.

Elsa = #1 animated movie of all time.

Oh, and I agree -- Captain Eo sucks. And is disturbing. Michael Jackson = creep. Go away. Cheap Star Wars ripoff by the guy who allegedly wrote Star Wars.

Classics and well made movies aren't always box office smashes!

Brave had a better storyline and better characters, but it was a little on the dark scary side.

Unofficial confirmation from Orlando Theme Park News...

Orlando Theme Park News has been able to officially confirm that Epcot's new "Tomorrowland" Sneak Preview will open to Guests on Friday, April 17, 2015.
As previously announced, this temporary attraction will replace Captain EO, which will continue to play in the Magic Eye/Imagination Theater until 7 p.m. on April 9, 2015. While the California version of this sneak preview will include a special exhibit featuring props from the movie, there will be no exhibit at Epcot.

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2015/04/tomorrowland-sneak-preview-opening-date.html

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's going to be a very good movie!!  I was posting from my phone last night, but really enjoyed the preview, and like I said, they incorporated the shaking floor and other special effects from the Honey I Shrunk/EO theater, which was pretty cool!!!

Doubt they will incorporate that into the regular theaters though.

I was reading above, and saw that Disneyland will have movie artifacts. I didn't see that. Maybe that's not ready yet.

I asked my kids if we went to Epcot and had plenty of time, would they want to see Captain EO again.  16yo said definitely yes. 18yo was more of an "Ok, if others want to."  

Huh.  Only two kids around.  

I better go see what trouble the rest of them are getting into.

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't like EO when it first came out.  Saw it more than once because of taking company to Epcot.  EO was removed after Michael got that bad press about him and little boys. 

After it came back, talked to a CM and he mentioned, WDW owns it, so doesn't have to pay anyone to run the film. 

So with that in mind it could return if nothing better is available for free.

I liked it better this time around, why, no clue :rolleyes:

I finally made it to this. It was actually pretty good.

I was expecting something more, preview wise. It wasn't even 3d. The 4d effects were sub par and dated.

But the movie itself looks very interesting. I may actually go to the theaters to see it.

On a cooler note, I was able to snag one of these

http://www.ridemax.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/DSC5203.jpg

I was expecting something more, preview wise. It wasn't even 3d. The 4d effects were sub par and dated.

But the movie itself looks very interesting. I may actually go to the theaters to see it.

I also caught the preview last week.  The movie looks really interesting.  It was interesting to see how the preview they played at Epcot emphasizes the Disney connection much more than the previews being played on TV.

I agree that the special effects in that theater were lame, and I was surprised that it wasn't in 3D too.

BTW they've already announced that the Tomorrowland preview will end in a couple of weeks, and will be followed by a preview of the new Pixar "Inside Out" movie.

TCD

nice pin