Rumor: Captain EO Closing / Tomorrowland Movie Preview

I wasn't sure the best place to put this one, as it contains 2 different pieces on interesting info., but here it is from WDW News Today...

Tomorrowland Movie Preview Coming to Epcot and Disneyland; Is Captain EO Closing for Good?

For a limited time, a sneak peek of “Tomorrowland” will be presented with special in-theater effects at the Imagination Pavilion theater at Epcot and the Tomorrowland Theater at Disneyland park, current and former homes to the Magic Eye Theater and the Captain EO attraction starring Michael Jackson. At Disneyland, you will also be able to discover an exhibit inspired by the movie, featuring production artwork and props used in the “Tomorrowland” film.

tomorrowland54fa25d19980e1.jpg

Captain EO closed at Disneyland last year and the now-renamed Tomorrowland Theater has hosted sneak peeks for Guardians of the Galaxy and Big Hero 6 since then, meanwhile Captain EO has never returned as promised. It will be interesting to see if it ever does and if the April closure of Captain EO at Epcot is the final curtain for the 1986 classic in Florida. Only time will tell…

The Disney Parks-exclusive “Tomorrowland” sneak peek begins in mid-April at Epcot and Disneyland park. “Tomorrowland” opens in theaters on May 22, 2015.

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2015/03/tomorrowland-movie-preview-coming-to-epcot-and-disneyland-is-captain-eo-closing-for-good/

Looks like this rumor is already confirmed: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/03/exclusive-sneak-peek-of-disneys-tomorrowland-coming-to-disney-parks-inapril/

I've only seen Captain EO once.  The TCD girls have refused to go back after seeing it the one time.

The Tomorrowland sneak peek will be a good use of that space.

TCD

Thanks TCD.  They're confirming the preview but stopped short of saying it's the end of EO - although that would make sense.

I saw it "back in the day" and then again a couple of years ago.

I'm good.

Thanks TCD.  They're confirming the preview but stopped short of saying it's the end of EO - although that would make sense.

There are already a couple of comments on the Disney Parks Blog questioning whether this is a permanent closure of Captain EO, the author of the blog posted:

“Captain EO” is expected to return in the future, once the film previews are complete.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/03/exclusive-sneak-peek-of-disneys-tomorrowland-coming-to-disney-parks-inapril/#comment-131377

I guess the inclusion of the word "expected" in that statement gives them the wiggle room to never bring it back.

I don't think Epcot can afford to lose another attraction, so I'll bet they do bring Captain EO back.

TCD

There are already a couple of comments on the Disney Parks Blog questioning whether this is a permanent closure of Captain EO, the author of the blog posted:

“Captain EO” is expected to return in the future, once the film previews are complete.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/03/exclusive-sneak-peek-of-disneys-tomorrowland-coming-to-disney-parks-inapril/#comment-131377

I guess the inclusion of the word "expected" in that statement gives them the wiggle room to never bring it back.

I don't think Epcot can afford to lose another attraction, so I'll bet they do bring Captain EO back.

TCD

But it'll be bumped for the sneak peeks of the next 6 Frozen movies that will be coming out!

To be honest,Epcot has the least amount of attractions but we seem to visit that park the most. Future world is not the future anymore and to say Epcots attractions are timeless like the MK ones is very much false. I don't think the countries will ever get old and the ability to flavor taste around the world will always be great. I really wish they would lookat future world and revamp it. If I were the CEO I would convert future world into Star Wars land, turn SE into the Death Star, turn Sorin into a phenomenal star tours ride, test track into a pod racing experience and leave the countries the way they are. That would be a kick ass park

He's watching you stalking Elsa!

Mmmmmm...Elsa...

Check it out:

BgKFPcyCQAELHIk.jpg_large.jpg?resize=640

The New World Order.

Snow White? In the back, beyotch! Little Mermaid? You stand right there, behind my cape. Belle or whoever you are in that yellow dress? In the back! There's a new sheriff in town, girls.

And notice the coattail rider is nowhere in sight.