Strange things are happening. . . .

The month of March has been an odd one in the TCD household.

The TCD college girls' spring breaks were all during different weeks.  Some of them overlapped.

We had several one-day trips to WDW in March.

And most recently, a two night stay.  But, sadly, not at the Fort.

The strange thing is that we keep running in to people who have connections with the Fiends.

For example, this past Friday, I was at Tampa airport waiting to meet the oldest TCD DD as she flew in from Atlanta to start her spring break.

I was standing there, minding my own business, when this somehow familiar looking couple walked up and stood near me.

It was one of those deals where you know them from somewhere, but can't place it.

Then, it hit me.

So, I took a surreptitious  photo.  It's a little blurry, but it will serve its purpose:

josh%20at%20airport_zps1omi0bzi.jpg

Do you recognize them?

Here's another photo of them (they're the two on the right), which I swiped off a social media site:

josh_zpsmmkve8de.jpg

That is GDF's boyfriend, Josh, and his girlfriend.  I wasn't sure it was them when I saw them in the airport, but Josh is conveniently wearing the same checkered shirt and his girlfriend is wearing the same shorts as they are in the confirmed photo.

I have no idea what these two were doing in Tampa airport.  Well, actually I do have some idea.  They were meeting a couple who was on the same flight as my daughter.  Besides that, I have no idea.

Isn't it strange, though?

Stick around- the strangeness is just getting started.  As I said, in the past couple of weeks, I ran into folks who have connections with the Fiends.  I'll tell you all about it and share some photos along the way.

TCD

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up arrow!   Oliver sucked. Bean sucks. Goober sucked. Shemp sucked. Olivia sucked. Lawrence sucked. Anna sucks.

Simply put, Bean is an opportunist.  He appeared on the scene long after the Muppets became wildly successful.  In my mind, any Muppet introduced after the original run of the Muppet Show is not a rea

I think the gate controversy clearly necessitates a TCD trip to the Fort just to confirm exactly what the proper answer is.  Since asking just one CM will not give a reliable answer, and having TCD sp

Well, this was supposed to be a trip report where I told you about some strange things that happened to me.

But, it's pretty much already just a strange trip report.

And I love it.

Buckle up, and let's get going with the strangeness.

But first, some replies to comments:

I'm here!

It is only appropriate that you are the first to post on this strange trip report.

I'm in!

And what are we to make of you being the second to post.  Right after DIT?

Oh strange? :huh:

Indeed.

First page Bitches.

Also...really strange that dude is wearing the same shirt in both pictures.

It is really strange.

Like I said- I wasn't sure if it was really Josh or not.  I've never met the guy or even seen him in person before.

And then the first actual photo of him I find, him and his woman are wearing some of the same clothes as they were at the airport.

I'm in!

Glad to have you here among the strangeness!

Wouldn't it be ironic if Kelly doesn't make first page in a report featuring her boyfriend?  

Yes, that would be ironic.

And strange.

And it happened.

That would be Ironic.

More strange than ironic I'd say.

What is that derpy face Josh is making in the airport?

That is no face he's making.

That's the man's face.

It's like 10,000 spoons when all you need is a knife

Is that ironic, or just a really odd inconvenience?

Never mind.  Looking closer at the second pic...I think that is just his face.

Bingo.

Strange indeed.

TCD

A few more comments to reply to before moving on  . . .

And by the way....I failed to comment on this in my first response....THAT'S JOSH??

So many questions.  

I blew it by not confronting him with the questions I had.

I need to add that this was around noon on a Friday.  What was he doing out of his mom's basement and all the way in Tampa?

That was not on Allanis Morriset's list of things that are ironic. But I do agree none the less. Oh and I'm in. One more post where she may not be first page material.

Actually, GDF missing page one on this trip report is a lot more ironic than any of the things on Alanis Morissette's list.

Which just makes this strange trip report all the more strange.

She had some real anger issues.  

Who, GDF?

Probably because she had to keep one hand in her pocket all the time.  Which is another strange thing.

I see what you did there.

But the other one was giving a peace sign.  

Wouldn't that make her happier?

A full on page one hijack.

Strange.

I don't know...but it would piss me off.

More hijack.

More strange.

I'm from Rhode Island. Smallest state in the country and yet we still run into people we know all over the country. Count me in. 

Yeah, like you almost ran into me at Pop Century way back in your early Fiend days.

Made it to page one by the skin of my teeth!

It wouldn't be a strange trip report without you, Marty.

Glad you made it.

I'm in!

A Josh sighting in Tampa, that's random.

WBI

Really random.

And strange, in case I didn't mention that already.

Come on, she met the man of her dreams and then his beautiful wife..

I see what you did there too.

What a hijack.

TCD