Black Adder?  Baldrick?  I seriously have never heard of either.  When the TCD girls were small, we watched the Rug Rats, Hey Arnold, Cat Dog, Rocket Power, and Sponge Bob.  Now they seem to have much more sophisticated humor.

Baldrick is a character on Black Adder - a British sitcom from the 80s/90s - not really for kids.  As for Peppa Pig, it is a preschool show but not nearly as popular as anything Disney makes.  

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up arrow!   Oliver sucked. Bean sucks. Goober sucked. Shemp sucked. Olivia sucked. Lawrence sucked. Anna sucks.

Simply put, Bean is an opportunist.  He appeared on the scene long after the Muppets became wildly successful.  In my mind, any Muppet introduced after the original run of the Muppet Show is not a rea

I think the gate controversy clearly necessitates a TCD trip to the Fort just to confirm exactly what the proper answer is.  Since asking just one CM will not give a reliable answer, and having TCD sp

One interesting comment about selfie sticks on rides, now that they are banned - We saw a CM shut down Aladdin's Carpets mid-ride because someone had a selfie stick out. And they announced it to everyone on the ride and in line that the stick was the reason for stopping the ride. Everyone had to get off and back in line if they wanted to ride. Not sure it that was an isolated incident, or if they are taking a very hard line on this.

One interesting comment about selfie sticks on rides, now that they are banned - We saw a CM shut down Aladdin's Carpets mid-ride because someone had a selfie stick out. And they announced it to everyone on the ride and in line that the stick was the reason for stopping the ride. Everyone had to get off and back in line if they wanted to ride. Not sure it that was an isolated incident, or if they are taking a very hard line on this.

Seriously?? -- punish the whole group for the actions of one person. As my kids know, this makes me apoplectic (one of my favorite words).  That would not have gone over well. 

How Strangely Entertaining...

I do hope that wearing character tails doesn't become too popular.

Course I'd the selfie sticks were put where they belong it would kind of look like a Mickey Mouse Tail...

I'm pretty sure that they sell the character tails in the gift shops now.  Not the Mickey Mouse one though.  That one would have to be home made, although I hope not from a selfie stick.

Well well well - a strange and pleasantly surprising end to a strange and excellent trip report.  :)

It is only fitting that this strange trip report ends with strangeness.

Glad they made it right with the gift card! Customer service isn't dead! 

As much as I criticize Disney, it is true that the company does care about customer service.  There are a lot of places that don't anymore.

I enjoyed reading.

Thank You for writing.

That is all.

Thanks for stopping by to let me know, Duane.

It's definitely "good to be TCD!"

True.  Maybe I should say that more often?

Baldrick is a character on Black Adder - a British sitcom from the 80s/90s - not really for kids.  As for Peppa Pig, it is a preschool show but not nearly as popular as anything Disney makes.  

A British sitcom?  No thanks.

Yeah, I've been hearing that they are now banning the use of selfie sticks on rides. Which they should.

Seriously?? -- punish the whole group for the actions of one person. As my kids know, this makes me apoplectic (one of my favorite words).  That would not have gone over well. 

I know something about this, as Twin #1 worked at the Flying Carpets last year. 

When a guest does something dangerous (like try to stand up on the ride, or open an umbrella on the ride), the CM's have to hit the E-Stop (emergency stop) button.  All rides have E-Stop buttons.  When the E-Stop is pushed, the ride shuts down.  Then a specific procedure has to be followed. The control panel for the ride is locked, and the CM has to take the key and supervise the evacuation of all passengers from the ride.  Once all passengers are evacuated, the key is placed back in the control panel, and the ride is re-set.  If you are ever in line for a ride and see that it's been stopped by a CM, you probably want to go and do something else, as the procedure can take a while before they can re-start the ride.  It's not a punishment for the bonehead who necessitated the E-Stop, it's just the safety rules.

TCD

When a guest does something dangerous (like try to stand up on the ride, or open an umbrella on the ride), the CM's have to hit the E-Stop (emergency stop) button.  All rides have E-Stop buttons.  When the E-Stop is pushed, the ride shuts down.  Then a specific procedure has to be followed. The control panel for the ride is locked, and the CM has to take the key and supervise the evacuation of all passengers from the ride.  Once all passengers are evacuated, the key is placed back in the control panel, and the ride is re-set.  If you are ever in line for a ride and see that it's been stopped by a CM, you probably want to go and do something else, as the procedure can take a while before they can re-start the ride.  It's not a punishment for the bonehead who necessitated the E-Stop, it's just the safety rules.

TCD

Thanks for the info. Makes sense and sounds exactly like what happened.

TCD

I have no issue with them following the safety procedures after stopping the ride and definitely getting all the passengers off the ride. My issue is that the riders who didn't do anything wrong have to go to the back of the line and wait all over again if they want to ride. It seems they could send the bonehead to the exit and let the others wait somewhere where they can be the next to ride when it starts up again. 

I have no issue with them following the safety procedures after stopping the ride and definitely getting all the passengers off the ride. My issue is that the riders who didn't do anything wrong have to go to the back of the line and wait all over again if they want to ride. It seems they could send the bonehead to the exit and let the others wait somewhere where they can be the next to ride when it starts up again. 

I agree with that.  I know that on some rides (Pirates and Splash are the biggies I know of), guests are handed a paper FP good for anything to make up for the inconvenience.  I am not sure if they have to go to the end of the line on rides that don't have paper FP's on hand to pass out.

TCD

I have the same issue.

Maybe the Mouse is using this tactic to their advantage to end the use of selfie sticks.  

Think about it. 

Would an 'entitled' person, with a 'selfie' attitude, in this 'me' generation listen to the warnings of the CMs (for the future) or be humbled by a bunch of irate guests that just got their ride taken from them?

Not sure it that was an isolated incident, or if they are taking a very hard line on this.

Supposedly the push is on for CMs to enforce this.

When a guest does something dangerous (like try to stand up on the ride, or open an umbrella on the ride), the CM's have to hit the E-Stop (emergency stop) button.  All rides have E-Stop buttons.  When the E-Stop is pushed, the ride shuts down.  Then a specific procedure has to be followed. The control panel for the ride is locked, and the CM has to take the key and supervise the evacuation of all passengers from the ride.  Once all passengers are evacuated, the key is placed back in the control panel, and the ride is re-set.

Makes sense.

... they could send the bonehead to the exit and let the others wait somewhere where they can be the next to ride when it starts up again. 

Agreed.

• 1 month later...