Fireworks... we've been blessed to see so many shows over the years, that we no longer have any desire to stay and fight the crowds to see it. Honestly, I don't think I'd even want to use a FP to see them as I don't want to find the crowds to leave the park.  We will stay for the parade and fireworks for the Christmas party, but that would be it.  We actually bought Tom this little fold out (tripod of sorts) seat.  It's pretty small, but holds up to 250lbs and it's really the only way we can wait around/watch the parade/fireworks without it being unbelievable painful for his back.  I hope we don't have a problem getting the seat in.  We could try and fight for a spot by the train (at the entrance) but mercy you usually have to stake those out a couple of hours before the parade..... maybe (prayerfully) the Christmas party is less crowded than a typical night, so easier to get a spot??

The pool at the Poly.  Funny, we've have park hopped to most of the resorts and swam seen several different pools, but never the one at the Poly which is funny as we've seen the luau.  I think we were late for the show and didn't have much time to look at the resort.  We're planning to do breakfast with Stitch this next trip, so we'll spend some time looking around the resort.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up arrow!   Oliver sucked. Bean sucks. Goober sucked. Shemp sucked. Olivia sucked. Lawrence sucked. Anna sucks.

Simply put, Bean is an opportunist.  He appeared on the scene long after the Muppets became wildly successful.  In my mind, any Muppet introduced after the original run of the Muppet Show is not a rea

I think the gate controversy clearly necessitates a TCD trip to the Fort just to confirm exactly what the proper answer is.  Since asking just one CM will not give a reliable answer, and having TCD sp

Thanks for all the Poly pics.

BTW, I looked at the latest Disney Files magazine and the new Poly pool is now on the list of places where DVCers can no longer pool hop.

A wise man named AC predicted that would happen when they refurbed the pool and added the bungalows for the stupid rich.

Sometimes it sucks to be right.  I will find a way to swim in that pool regardless, but it still sucks.

Fireworks... we've been blessed to see so many shows over the years, that we no longer have any desire to stay and fight the crowds to see it. Honestly, I don't think I'd even want to use a FP to see them as I don't want to find the crowds to leave the park.  We will stay for the parade and fireworks for the Christmas party, but that would be it.  We actually bought Tom this little fold out (tripod of sorts) seat.  It's pretty small, but holds up to 250lbs and it's really the only way we can wait around/watch the parade/fireworks without it being unbelievable painful for his back.  I hope we don't have a problem getting the seat in.  We could try and fight for a spot by the train (at the entrance) but mercy you usually have to stake those out a couple of hours before the parade..... maybe (prayerfully) the Christmas party is less crowded than a typical night, so easier to get a spot??

The pool at the Poly.  Funny, we've have park hopped to most of the resorts and swam seen several different pools, but never the one at the Poly which is funny as we've seen the luau.  I think we were late for the show and didn't have much time to look at the resort.  We're planning to do breakfast with Stitch this next trip, so we'll spend some time looking around the resort.

Is it one of the ones that looks lik it could be used as a cane as well? I spokewith some ladies at Epcot one time who were sitting on some, they said they just walked right through using it as a cane and no one said a word to them.

Great report; enjoyed following along.  I learned several things and felt good about already being familiar with Peppa Pig (our boys have outgrown it - pity - it was a great way to work on my Euro-trash dialect) and Black Adder.  You really should catch some Black Adder episodes - Andy recommends season 2 - the set would be called Black Adder II.  It takes place in the Elizabethan era.  As the show progresses through the seasons Baldrick gets smarter and Black Adder gets, well, dumber.  My favorite line - "Baldrick, to you the Renaissance was just something that happened to other people." 

Great TR.

Hiding the broom and dustpan seem strange. Don't they have lockers they could put them in? It almost sounds like a game.

I have mixed emotions about dads putting their kids on their shoulders. I've done it. It was either put her on my shoulders or let her stand there behind and not be able to see any of the parade or fireworks. I mean there were times that I couldn't see because people were standing in front of me.

The photo of the girl with the tail was a great way to end your tale.

Thanks got sharing.

Thanks for another report TCD, appreciate the work as always.

Best Regards,

Norm

Thanks Norm.  I appreciate the appreciation.  Some people, like this next poster, are much harder to please.

That ending was abrupt.  

Strange.  

Yeah, well.

No promise of Bonus Material?

This is a strange report indeed.

I don't have any bonus material, nor any current plans to acquire any in the next few weeks at least.

So, that's it for this report.

No way that's it.  Gotta be more strangeness.

I'm sure there is more strangeness, but I have no photos of it to share.

Thank you for another great report!

You're very welcome.

Getting a good spot for the fireworks at the Halloween and Christmas parties really isn't a problem- and with all the new spaces in the hub, I would definitely try to watch from there.  I have always thought folding seats were on the forbidden list of what can be brought in to the parks, or we would see a lot more of them.

We used to camp at the Fort with friends who were big time pool hoppers.  They didn't have park tickets, so they would often spend a day taking their kids to swim at other resort pools that could be accessed by boat, while their kids would enjoy the pool and organized activities.  They mostly would go to Wilderness Lodge and the Contemporary, but they would sometimes go to the Polynesian- which they really liked.  They made no effort to hide what they were doing.  They'd get on the boats with their kids in bathing suits, and carrying towels and other pool gear.  They never once had a problem.  Personally, I never saw the attraction to pool hopping.  Too much work for me.

Thanks for all the Poly pics.

BTW, I looked at the latest Disney Files magazine and the new Poly pool is now on the list of places where DVCers can no longer pool hop.

A wise man named AC predicted that would happen when they refurbed the pool and added the bungalows for the stupid rich.

Sometimes it sucks to be right.  I will find a way to swim in that pool regardless, but it still sucks.

Since I'm not a DVC member, this doesn't impact me, but that stinks for those that are.  I'm not sure if you could see from my photos, but they do have a fence and gates around the pool now.  It's interesting to me that this is allegedly being done in the name of safety, yet the Fort's pools remain unfenced and open to any amigo who can lie his way into the aparcamiento.

Thank you for this strange trip report.

You're welcome.

Thanks for the TR ,although it is strangely short for you .

NTM

Yeah, I know. But I haven't been on a long trip to Disney in a while.  This was a weekend with some bonus content, and that's all I have.

Is it one of the ones that looks lik it could be used as a cane as well? I spokewith some ladies at Epcot one time who were sitting on some, they said they just walked right through using it as a cane and no one said a word to them.

Strange. Maybe it is OK to bring seating into the parks. I have always thought you couldn't.

TCD

Great report; enjoyed following along.  I learned several things and felt good about already being familiar with Peppa Pig (our boys have outgrown it - pity - it was a great way to work on my Euro-trash dialect) and Black Adder.  You really should catch some Black Adder episodes - Andy recommends season 2 - the set would be called Black Adder II.  It takes place in the Elizabethan era.  As the show progresses through the seasons Baldrick gets smarter and Black Adder gets, well, dumber.  My favorite line - "Baldrick, to you the Renaissance was just something that happened to other people." 

Black Adder?  Baldrick?  I seriously have never heard of either.  When the TCD girls were small, we watched the Rug Rats, Hey Arnold, Cat Dog, Rocket Power, and Sponge Bob.  Now they seem to have much more sophisticated humor.

Strange I guess.

Maybe not to you since you go to WDW a lot. But, there is some strange stuff in this report.

Great TR.

Hiding the broom and dustpan seem strange. Don't they have lockers they could put them in? It almost sounds like a game.

I have mixed emotions about dads putting their kids on their shoulders. I've done it. It was either put her on my shoulders or let her stand there behind and not be able to see any of the parade or fireworks. I mean there were times that I couldn't see because people were standing in front of me.

The photo of the girl with the tail was a great way to end your tale.

Thanks got sharing.

I am not against dads who want to put their kids on their shoulders, but they ought to consider their surroundings before deciding to do so.  If you're going to do that, why not go to the back of the area you're in, rather than block the view of people who have been standing in place, waiting just as long as you have? This phenomenon used to be the worst when they would perform Hyperspace Hoopla at Hollywood Studios during Star Wars weekends.  It's not cool.

I see what you did their with tail/tale.  Good one.

TCD

Since the subject came up, I just checked the official list of prohibited items, and folding chairs are on the list:

• You may not bring the following types of items into the theme parks:
    • Wagons
    • Skateboards
    • Scooters
    • Inline skates
    • Shoes with built-in wheels
    • Strollers larger than 36" x 52" (92 x 132 cm)
    • Suitcases, coolers or backpacks with or without wheels larger than 24" (61 cm) long x 15" (38 cm) wide x 18" (46 cm) high. Coolers required for medication may be stored in a locker or at Guest Relations.
    • Any trailer-like object that is pushed or towed by an ECV, wheelchair or stroller
    • Wheeled mobility devices with less than 3 wheels and devices that cannot maintain stability and balance when stopped, unpowered or unoccupied. Training wheels or similar modifications are not permitted.
    • Alcoholic beverages
    • Weapons of any kind
    • Folding chairs
    • Glass containers (excluding baby food jars and perfume bottles)
    • Pets (unless they are service animals)
    • Balloons, straws and drink lids are not permitted in Disney's Animal Kingdom Park for the safety of our animals
    • Tripod stands or monopod stands that cannot fit inside a standard backpack

Additional items may also not be permitted inside the theme parks. Please use your best judgment and do not bring anything that may be potentially harmful or disruptive.

For your safety and convenience, we ask that you read the Walt Disney World Resort park rules before you arrive.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/parks/restricted-personal-items/

TCD

I am not against dads who want to put their kids on their shoulders, but they ought to consider their surroundings before deciding to do so. If you're going to do that, why not go to the back of the area you're in, rather than block the view of people who have been standing in place, waiting just as long as you have? This phenomenon used to be the worst when they would perform Hyperspace Hoopla at Hollywood Studios during Star Wars weekends. It's not cool.

I see what you did their with tail/tale. Good one.

TCD

I completely agree. It all boils down to common courtesy. Unfortunately most people now a days people don't know what that is.

I can't tell you how many times I've let a little girl/boy stand in front of me at a parade or show so they can see better. And unfortunately I can tell you about several rude people that stand there with their arms crossed and purposely not let a kid stand in front of them when there's clearly room and the kid wouldn't block their view.

Rude people SMB.

I completely agree. It all boils down to common courtesy. Unfortunately most people now a days people don't know what that is.

I can't tell you how many times I've let a little girl/boy stand in front of me at a parade or show so they can see better. And unfortunately I can tell you about several rude people that stand there with their arms crossed and purposely not let a kid stand in front of them when there's clearly room and the kid wouldn't block their view.

Rude people SMB.

Nobody knows what common courtesy is anymore.  Which is sad.

TCD

I do have an important post script for this strange trip report.

Remember our less than magical experience with the new Be Our Guest breakfast?

I wrote a polite and constructive email to Disney Guest Relations, and received a call back from a well spoken CM who asked me for some specifics, and for my address, because she was going to send me something.

Well, last week, this arrived in the mail:

dining%20gift%20card_zpsyhf4uqqk.jpg

That's a Disney Dining Gift Card.  It's only good for food purchases.  The accompanying letter told me that it has been loaded with the exact amount that I had spent at Be Our Guest for breakfast.

Which means that meal was free.

As they say, all is well that ends well.

It's good to be TCD.

TCD

That's great that your got your money back kinda.  As long as you promise to give it back to Disney.  Will work out great for you but what about Joe average who lives in North Dakota and only goes to Disney every other life time.  

Oh, forgot Great report as usual.   

That's great that your got your money back kinda.  As long as you promise to give it back to Disney.  Will work out great for you but what about Joe average who lives in North Dakota and only goes to Disney every other life time.  

It is not good to be him.

But that kind of customer would probably have paid for the Disney Dining Plan, and would have been using a quick serve dining credit for his $20 breakfast sandwich.  He would have been tricked in to thinking he got a good deal, so he wouldn't have complained.

TCD

So I am a little late to the game but have now caught up. As always great trip report!! To kind of back track, thanks for rechecking on the AK carving. Looking at a different angle it is definitely not a baby elephant. Lol the anteater thing is still strange but a great nod to a less recognized critter.

Congrats on the gift card!

Thanks.  I am going to make good use of it.  It will buy 3 Giddyap and Goes, and I'll still have money left over.  Or maybe I'll blow the whole thing on one meal at 'Ohana.

So I am a little late to the game but have now caught up. As always great trip report!! To kind of back track, thanks for rechecking on the AK carving. Looking at a different angle it is definitely not a baby elephant. Lol the anteater thing is still strange but a great nod to a less recognized critter.

I couldn't remember who thought they saw a baby elephant.  After you pointed that out, I thought I saw it too.  But, nope, it's an anteater (or something in the anteater family).  Strange.

TCD

... last week, this arrived in the mail:

That's a Disney Dining Gift Card.  It's only good for food purchases.  The accompanying letter told me that it has been loaded with the exact amount that I had spent at Be Our Guest for breakfast.

Well well well - a strange and pleasantly surprising end to a strange and excellent trip report.  :)

I do have an important post script for this strange trip report.

Remember our less than magical experience with the new Be Our Guest breakfast?

I wrote a polite and constructive email to Disney Guest Relations, and received a call back from a well spoken CM who asked me for some specifics, and for my address, because she was going to send me something.

Well, last week, this arrived in the mail:

dining%20gift%20card_zpsyhf4uqqk.jpg

That's a Disney Dining Gift Card. It's only good for food purchases. The accompanying letter told me that it has been loaded with the exact amount that I had spent at Be Our Guest for breakfast.

It's good to be TCD.

TCD

It's definitely "good to be TCD!"