We recently purchased a new mattress, by a company called Casper.  Tom has had 3 back surgeries and our old bed was really hurting him.  Ideally we wanted to purchase a sleep number, but the bed that seemed to work best for us cost upwards of $4000.  Not cheap.  So... he started doing some research and came across Casper.  What made it an easy decision was two things:   First, price ($900 vs $4000) for a king.  Second, return policy.  FULL refund (so if you paid a total of $900, they will refund you the full $900).  They don't charge a restocking fee or a shipping fee and they'll even pick the mattress up from you.  This was a big deal for us as Casper is online only; you can't try out the bed before so their 100 day, 100% refund, guarantee was important to us.

The results?  Praise God, it has helped his back!  Now, he's still in pain (everyday, no question)... but it use to be that he could not move (without intense pain) for a good 20-30 minutes after he woke up in the morning.  He would literally just lay there and (very) slowly start to move/stretch before he could actually get up.  With the new mattress, his mornings are 80% better!  We are so thankful!  

The mattress itself sits on our old box spring, but the company says you don't have to use a box spring if you'd rather have something very low to the ground.  For me, I found the mattress a bit firm and the company is sending out a topper at NO additional cost to try and help with that.  Their customer service is AMAZING.   Now, while I do find the mattress to be firm when you first lay down, I can say that I sleep just fine and I too wake up feeling better.  It's crazy.

Okay... seriously, I don't work for them :)  The link below will give you $50 off a mattress and it gives Tom and I $50 as well but honestly... even if they didn't pay us, I would still recommend the mattress.  The bed is working for us and I cannot say enough good things about the company's customer service.    Anyway... if you need a mattress, you might want to consider it.   Link is below.  Please feel free to share it :)

http://refer.casper.com/v2/share/6134331288469193277

A mattress that gives you bounce when you need it for indoor sports. This company is funny.

;)

Great info - thanks for sharing Nacole!  I hear Casper advertised a ton on Sirius radio and wondered if they're as good as they claim.  Glad to hear it's working out well for y'all.

Seriously... AWESOME customer service!

So happy to hear that Tom has experienced some relief!

Thank you Gwen... it has made such a big difference for him; we are so thankful!

We are looking for a new mattress, will check this out. Thanks

Best Regards,

Norm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's worth a try!  No risk; if it doesn't work for you, they (typically) donate the mattress to charity :) Before we purchased the mattress, I was worried that it would be like memory foam... which I am not a huge fan of.  Even sleep number has a memory foam topper and I don't like that "sinking" feeling (the kind where it feels like the mattress is sucking you in?); I was pleasantly surprised that this mattress does feel springy.  It's kind-of tough to describe.  Firm, but springy.  

This is perfect timing. We'll be selling our mattress (King's Down, supposedly super wonderful when we bought it 10 years ago and were never happy with it) when we embark on our travels. I'm not 100% sold on our camper mattress and we'll need something when we get home. I'll check them out!

Soooo excited for your trip.   We will be "with" you (aka stalking the blog) the entire way!  Oh... you should do youtube videos!  I've become addicted to those.  Love all the RV stuff people put out there!  Some is simply hilarious, but a few have very helpful!  There are a few families who live in their RV and youtube about it.  It's fun to watch :)

• 4 weeks later...

thanks for the info, looks like we will be ordering a new Casper queen for our TT.  I will be sure to use the link you provided so you get a little something for yourself.  You can go have a nice dinner or a half day at the Fort, literally.

Thanks!  Hope it works well for you... we ended up having Casper send us a topper.  There was NO charge and it made the bed a little softer... still firm, but not hard.  We do like the mattress; it was a good fit for us :)

Mattress has been ordered. Yes Grumpy, Bob did spend some money, but you have to remember, "It's all about Bob". Just ask Lorna.

why ask just lorna? I thought anybody and everybody knew that question when you asked that! Hahahaha
  • 2 months later...