• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sure is pretty.  The only possible issue that comes to my mind is that it's an 11 or 12 year old diesel with only 47k miles.  I would want to find out if it was used more extensively earlier in its life and then sat due to owner issues.  Diesels don't like to sit.  If it has received consistent use over its life that might not be an issue.  

It sure is pretty.  The only possible issue that comes to my mind is that it's an 11 or 12 year old diesel with only 47k miles.  I would want to find out if it was used more extensively earlier in its life and then sat due to owner issues.  Diesels don't like to sit.  If it has received consistent use over its life that might not be an issue.  

Nice rig.  Unless I missed it, I didn't see it list the number of hours on the generator.  Too few hours isn't always a good thing.

Learning new stuff tonight :)

Looks pretty to me, but I know NOTHING... so I'll just follow along and wish you luck :)

It sure is pretty. The only possible issue that comes to my mind is that it's an 11 or 12 year old diesel with only 47k miles. I would want to find out if it was used more extensively earlier in its life and then sat due to owner issues. Diesels don't like to sit. If it has received consistent use over its life that might not be an issue.

My tractor sits from October till April or May every year and only use it a dozen times or so during the summer and I've never had an issue with it. It's 1970ish Ford and I've owned it for 12-13 years. But I guess if it sits for a year or two that might cause problems. I do know that if you get moisture in your fuel that can really cause some problems. I always top off the tank before it sits all winter long.

The biggest problem I am aware of is the rear tires are original rubber, so I think I'd want to change them before even driving it home (11 hours). Seller is the second owner, and it's not a repo, clean title. I will certainly question him about the mileage and maintenance history before driving down. I'm hoping to see some basement, engine compartment, and genny pictures soon, which can be a clue as to how well it's been maintained. LOVE the MCD power privacy shades he's added. Two other things that make this unit really shine versus others we've been looking at is the side-mounted radiator and the 150 gallon fuel capacity. Rear rads make engine access difficult and run hotter, and every other unit we've looked at had 100 gallon capacity. I really like the bar, too, much more than a second couch. I'd really like to have an outdoor kitchen and tv, but you can't have everything. Adding a tv to the basement would not be hard, a kitchen might be a BIT trickier (grin). Hmm, what's the chance of getting a night at the Fort in April at the drop of a hat?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wouldn't worry to much about the time it has set . I once fired off a power unit that had set 15 years, Cummins 6cyl diesel and it gave no problems. Have had several tractors set u for years with no problems when put back in service.

With that year (2007) you won't have to worry about DEF fluid.  I've been told many people prefer to buy units prior to the new polution control standards.  Cummins engines are usually good for 1,000,000 miles so you would have to worry about the condition of the house before you worry about the chassis.  Maintainence is more expensive.  Ask your service tech how much he charges for a 15,000 mile oil and filter change.  I hear good things about the Revolution but you are right about the tires.  I wouldn't worry about the low miles.  It looks like the unit spends a lot of time in one or two different locations each year.  Most are used like that.  Even by fulltimers.  An outdoor kitchen is not as difficult as you think.  That unit has so much storage you can have one put in on rollers in one of the passenger side bays if the slides don't interfere.  Good to hear from you.

That reads like a scam to me. No personal info, pics of anyone using it or stories of where it's been or how it was used. Also the description goes right into specs and says nothing about how someone would be "upgrading" or "sorry to see her go". Be very careful- I'd almost bet a storybook treats brownie sundae on it being a scam.

Man I hope you're wrong! If it is a scam, it's by someone who knows a good bit about RVs. They mention the MCD day/night shade upgrade, and in texts with me mention that the two front tires are new, which is what would be suggested if someone wasn't willing to replace them all. The seller hasn't been very communicative, though, so we'll see.

Had an extended conversation with the seller this morning and a red flag went up. He said all of the windows have some degree of fogging (except the drivers' because it has already been fixed). He says he has an appointment to have them all resealed at the end of this month, or I can take it as-is and he'll knock the $1400 he was quoted off the price. What would you do? Wait for the fix and hope it doesn't sell in the next 3 weeks? Take the discount and have them done yourself? Or run away from the whole deal?

BTW, since the seller's pictures were so dark I went in and adjusted them. The improved photos are here in this gallery (if anyone is interested):

http://photos.thatssanta.com/Other/2004-Revolution/n-R5Nkx8

The plan now is to drive down Sunday, inspect it on Monday, park it at the Fort on Tuesday... ok, I'm making that last step up.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, it's been hectic! But yes, we bought it and are in Orlando. It wasn't quite as dreamy as the seller made it sound: many cosmetic issues and a couple of minor systems (like a Fantastic Fan is out), but we got the price where we were comfortable and pulled the trigger. I'll post more when I have a keyboard!