This past weekend, we had no where to be and the forecast was pretty decent and my parents weren't using their camper so we decided to go somewhere Friday-Sunday. We weren't sure where to go and Friday morning I was on FB and saw Yogi Bear in Lincoln, DE was having a "Heroes weekend" with fire trucks, k-9 demonstrations and the DE state police were bringing a helicopter. I called as soon as they opened, booked a site and got our stuff ready to go.

My kids had no idea who Yogi Bear, Boo Boo and Cindy were (parenting fail, I know) but we had the Yogi Bear movie so we packed that for them to watch Friday night because the forecast was calling for rain that night.

Check in was easy, they had everything ready for us but we had to wear paper wrist bands for the weekend, which didn't go over well with anyone because they are annoying. We asked for a site close to the activities, and were happy with it's location. But their sites are like camping in a field, no shade anywhere. Based on this, it's not somewhere I would go unless it's early spring or fall. Plus the way the water and cable are, some sites you need 50 feet of hose/cable.

e576046ed0b40b01176eaf82457893bb.jpg

Wow, that Yogi campground looks so different from the one we go to....so open without trees.  But what matters is that you had a great time with the kids.  And honestly, I'm not surprised they haven't heard of Yogi before.  Other than the campgrounds and maybe the movie at Stone Mountain, where do kids see Yogi anymore these days?

Activities for the weekend

e556e62433444a9b42fe5fe12ab8fac2.jpg

We checked out more of the campground

e27f9797b0a3a82692e785e2c04bbb27.jpg

a24db7a2ee341ae53bbd4a5a5971b514.jpg

The inflatables were unsupervised, I'm assuming they will be sued shortly because it was chaos once the place got busy and someone is going to break something.

65b083f644858b2b317a18d989d9fccd.jpg

Tis was a huge hit with my kids, styrofoam blocks.

dcbc5f8125b132c3c33e980bddf43447.jpg

3d2789bdf2dd1111989987e516f4d336.jpg

76eac6a14b1bfbcdb404b72a5d183c69.jpg

Knocking it all over

7a9963071b5b752a7513ed9a91e37b07.jpg

And we built some more

7041908aaa74a1daa46a34e4f1035463.jpg

And some more

dde734b22adf7265970389a534086914.jpg

We had dinner (no pood form at all) and then at 6:30 was the "noisy hay ride" they handed out party blowers which made no noise for the most part. Boo Boo joined us for the hayride. Not to long after the hay ride the storm started so we were in the camper for the rest of the night and watched Yogi bear.

7c3230d4eaf122c6626f8f7bbd863178.jpg

We go go to a Yogi bear once or twice a year

We enjoyed it but their prices are a bit steep during the in season. We paid $55 a night which wasn't bad considering what was offered but their summer rates are $75 a night. I would like to check out other ones in our area. There is one in NJ but the theme that weekend was "no rules for parents" or something like that so there was no noise curfew. That did not sound like something I wanted to deal with.

Wow, that Yogi campground looks so different from the one we go to....so open without trees. But what matters is that you had a great time with the kids. And honestly, I'm not surprised they haven't heard of Yogi before. Other than the campgrounds and maybe the movie at Stone Mountain, where do kids see Yogi anymore these days?

We did have fun, I'm just glad our first time wasn't in June or July. It was only mid 60's this weekend and I've got the sunburn to prove their lack of trees isn't good for me lol.

I need to show Adam the good cartoons, Jetsons, Flintstones, etc. Although I don't remember watching Yogi as a kid, but I know my parents took us as kids to Yogi Campgrounds.

The blocks look like fun. I bet the kids loved them.

Kids and adults lol. Brian was trying to build a huge building but the wind was pretty strong and kept knocking them over.

After waking Yogi up, we played with the blocks more, Elizabeth played on the playground and Adam played on the blow up thing. We knew it was wet from the night before but didn't realize it was soaked and muddy. So once Adam was completely soaked and filthy we went back to the camper to dry/clean him up and have lunch. I didn't bring a drying rack but the clips we use for the table cloth on the picnic table worked pretty good. Some point during Saturday I was getting out of the camper, carrying Elizabeth and the freaking wind kicked up and got the door and broke the thing at bottom of the screen door. We also found out the outside shower is leaking do now Brian and my dad have 2 things to fix.

That's so cool!!! The kids look great and keep getting bigger and bigger. And cuter.

I've never heard of a Yogi campground.

I so would have been there with the giant building blocks. I would have been there knock them down also.

I can't wait to read more and see more pix.

That's so cool!!! The kids look great and keep getting bigger and bigger. And cuter.

I've never heard of a Yogi campground.

I so would have been there with the giant building blocks. I would have been there knock them down also.

I can't wait to read more and see more pix.

Thanks! It is killing me that Adam was "too big" for the bears.

And hey you have 2 in OK!

http://www.campjellystone.mobi/home/search?state=OK&catId=3&a=Go

Thanks! It is killing me that Adam was "too big" for the bears.

And hey you have 2 in OK!

http://www.campjellystone.mobi/home/search?state=OK&catId=3&a=Go

Omg!!! I've past by the one in Eufaula oklahoma a thousand times. I have a location right across the street from it. It's really cool. The have a swimming pool, putt putt golf course those giant inflatable toys in the lake. It's in walking distance of downtown eufaula with lots of shops and restaurants.

I guess I just never paid attention to the name. I'll be up there in a couple of weeks and I'll try to get some pix of the place. It's not to far off of I-40 so if anyone is coming thru Oklahoma and wants a place to stop.

We drove through the Yogi not too far from our house, but (unfortunately) were not too thrilled.  If you have several families going together, it might be fun.

Glad to see you all having fun!  My kiddos would have liked the blocks and the inflatables :)

We drove through the Yogi not too far from our house, but (unfortunately) were not too thrilled.  

The problem with Yogi campgrounds is there is no consistency in what you find.  The Great Smokey one in Cosby, TN is one of our favorite campgrounds....it is a very nice place run by a great family.  However, the one in Cave City, KY, while a fun campground, has so much deferred maintenance and the sites and utilities are in awful shape.  (at least it was the last time we camped there).  I don't think Yogi has a good quality control program.  

I've never been to the one in Elmer, NJ, but I have heard they have made improvements every year, we just don't really camp in NJ. They are expensive and seem on the same line as KOA's for consistency in branding, you never know what you're going to get.

Best Regards,

Norm