I'm in.  Page 2 Bragging Rights!

I can't believe how big Elizabeth has gotten.  And her cowgirl boots are awesome.  Adam looks like he's still doing a great job as big brother.

That campground looks a bit too bare for me, but I love the theme of the weekend.  What a great thing for the heroes and for the kids.

I would go to the "No Rules for Adults" weekend just for the people watching.  That would be amazing.

TCD

The problem with Yogi campgrounds is there is no consistency in what you find.  The Great Smokey one in Cosby, TN is one of our favorite campgrounds....it is a very nice place run by a great family.  However, the one in Cave City, KY, while a fun campground, has so much deferred maintenance and the sites and utilities are in awful shape.  (at least it was the last time we camped there).  I don't think Yogi has a good quality control program.  

Too bad the one in TN isn't closer to us...we'd like to try it.

I forgot after waking Yogi the kids made tie dye shirts (they were $8 a piece). They must have seriously watered down the dye they used because their shirts don't look that great and it washed off my hands way to easily. It

Told Adam I'm going to get some dye and we can fix them.

From 1-3 they had the heroes weekend activities. First up was the Delaware state police helicopter.

http://youtu.be/FZBm0kH2kVA

It was pretty neat to see but once the lawn chairs got tossed around I was wondering if it was the best idea to be as close as they let us.

efd5351c15ade7d32f9cdd56e253c38b.jpg

They also had the bomb squad and their robot.

989401cb3adafefaacedb4686b5ef7d9.jpg

e730db5422121664e49df627d9ad51c5.jpg

Elizabeth was really into the shoes on the bomb suit. The whole outfit weights around 80 lbs but they don't wear gloves when they are in them.

03918f6dc4fccada42ebef40a1a943ab.jpg

e624ad46f4c05ac6aa4e4a952a814ac4.jpg

602e480f1601f2dbdea031761f5640c7.jpg

They also had the ambulance there and a fire truck and they were letting the kids squirt a fire hose. We all really enjoyed the stuff but the helicopter was easily the favorite.

Squish had a blast in the bounce house, it's hard to hear her laughing over the blower but it was adorable.

http://youtu.be/LBh29XPUVC8

At 6:30 they had a hay ride and the theme was supposed to be glowing, but it's still super bright at 6:30 so I'd call that theme a fail. But it saved me from buying glow stuff that I'm sure was way over priced.

They also had an indoor movie that night, with free popcorn. We headed over about 15 mins early just to see what it was (it was Epic) and to our surprise it was empty and Boo Boo was there! Squish spent the next 15 mins playing soccer and catch with him (Adam was playing arcade games). She was one happy girl!

http://youtu.be/Dle68YjmK-I

Adam didn't want to see Epic so we headed back to the camper, him and Brian hung out with our neighbors and they roasted some marshmallows while I put the baby to bed. Then we watched about 1/2 of big hero 6.

Sunday morning at 9, Cindy bear was being driven around on a golf cart to say good bye and was handing out dog treats and lollipops.

Then at 10 it was story time to help Cindy Bear get ready to nap.

5bf7636677044f639cd126b353d47f72.jpg

Elizabeth decided she was sitting with Cindy the whole time.

e857d2f77d7cab4aa4b36f33d79f5dfa.jpg

a2a2b41992fdb456bc2ec7b7ac3bdafb.jpg

1/2 way through the second book, Elizabeth decided the lady doing story time needed to hold her, so the lady held her and I took over reading the story. I don't know if she reminded her of my mom and was missing her or what the reason was (this was the first time we camped without my parents so I think she was a little confused ).

Hugs for Cindy.

dc953b98720f47f94d96d39827aff617.jpg

Later on they had coloring and some indoor activities set up before it was check out time.

Arcade

1860252e5da987f56e1fc021aeaed4c2.jpg

4d17db0b6ca4787081f7749d9bb7a3df.jpg

The playground

1f45f145cd60e280337fb920cd1b5dec.jpg

0a29dbce41aebffd399b6ad1c5f7336c.jpg

29cdbdbd4ee237b7daf8af4812f02c8f.jpg

Looks like a lot of fun for the kids!

It was, but now they are spoiled! Where we camped for Easter had nothing going so this was a big change.

Sadly my kids have outgrown Yogi, but we always liked going there! Pricey, but with the constant activities it kept the kids busy!

Love the blocks idea- looks like you guys had fun!

I'm bummed my 6 yr old was too cool for the bears but thankfully the little one loved it. The blocks were a huge hit. I'd like a set for home!

We drove through the Yogi not too far from our house, but (unfortunately) were not too thrilled.  If you have several families going together, it might be fun.

Glad to see you all having fun!  My kiddos would have liked the blocks and the inflatables :)

It seems that you really have to look around and read reviews on them. Like Dave said there is no consistency. Just from googling them you can see they vary by a lot.

The problem with Yogi campgrounds is there is no consistency in what you find.  The Great Smokey one in Cosby, TN is one of our favorite campgrounds....it is a very nice place run by a great family.  However, the one in Cave City, KY, while a fun campground, has so much deferred maintenance and the sites and utilities are in awful shape.  (at least it was the last time we camped there).  I don't think Yogi has a good quality control program.

That's a shame, up I guess that's how everything is. Some are great, some not so much.

I've never been to the one in Elmer, NJ, but I have heard they have made improvements every year, we just don't really camp in NJ. They are expensive and seem on the same line as KOA's for consistency in branding, you never know what you're going to get.

Best Regards,

Norm

Nj campgrounds are expensive, it stinks because sometimes there isn't much time and we want to stay local but it's so expensive!

I'm in.  Page 2 Bragging Rights!

I can't believe how big Elizabeth has gotten.  And her cowgirl boots are awesome.  Adam looks like he's still doing a great job as big brother.

That campground looks a bit too bare for me, but I love the theme of the weekend.  What a great thing for the heroes and for the kids.

I would go to the "No Rules for Adults" weekend just for the people watching.  That would be amazing.

TCD

Thanks! She loves the boots and wears them all the time. Not sure what I'm going to go when they don't fit. Hopefully I can find her a comparable replacement!

If I didn't have kids who I wanted to make sure got sleep, I would have considered it because I'm sure you are right. I bet there were a lot of people doing stupid stuff. I was just surprised to see a family campground offer that. Oh, and in my search for campgrounds I found a clothing optional one in NJ :barf:

Awesome weekend.

Squish definitely wins the interwebz with those two videos and the pix with Cindy.

IMHO the campsites look basic and yes it looks like its in the middle of a field but the rest of the place and the activities look really nice.

And the hero's activities was the icing on the cake. Thanks for sharing.

That looks like an excellent weekend!

I remember visiting a few Yogi campforunds as a kid.

They always seemed like a step or two above the other ones we stayed at; besides the Fort of course.

I noticed Brian's Cabelas hat. Does he also hunt and/or fish in addition to camping?

That looks like an excellent weekend!

I remember visiting a few Yogi campforunds as a kid.

They always seemed like a step or two above the other ones we stayed at; besides the Fort of course.

I noticed Brian's Cabelas hat. Does he also hunt and/or fish in addition to camping?

When there's time he likes too. This year we got a beach buggy permit so it should make surf fishing easier. We've gone down to the beck twice so far but it's been too cold to stay for long. We went last week and there was a seal on the beach up by the dunes. I will swipe the pic from his FB and post it.

That's cool.  I have never surf fished.  I need to see that.

We like to bass fish and pan fish in the inland lakes but also Walleye fish in the big lakes and rivers when we can.

My FIL and BIL steelhead fish up north.  I would like to try that.

We own some hunting property up north.  The kids like to go for trail walks and four-wheeler rides there too.

5bf7636677044f639cd126b353d47f72.jpg

Elizabeth decided she was sitting with Cindy the whole time.

So adorable. It's been a long time since I've thought of Yogi Bear and I don't remember his details. Who is Cindy?

Those blocks do look like a lot of fun. Sounds like you had a nice weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

What is that on the end of the swing-set? A bear sculpture? It looks weird-what's going on with the bear's legs? And since when can bears turn their heads completely backward?

TCD

I have no idea. It was made from tires. I didn't notice how odd it was until you mentioned it.

So adorable. It's been a long time since I've thought of Yogi Bear and I don't remember his details. Who is Cindy?

Those blocks do look like a lot of fun. Sounds like you had a nice weekend.

According to wiki, mr ranger brought her in to distract Yogi from stealing picnic baskets but it backfired because then he started stealing twice as many.