Since the Main Street Bakery is a fraud, and every cupcake I've seen at WDW appears to be baked in the same kitchen, I thought that WDW had centralized all baking operations and that there were no longer any real bakeries in any of the parks.

The Disney Parks Blog just posted an article featuring the bakery at the France pavilion in Epcot:  http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/04/smell-of-freshly-baking-bread-every-morning-at-epcot-france-pavilion/

The article says everything there is baked fresh daily, and that it opens ahead of the World Showcase at 9 am daily.  It might be worth a visit there for breakfast.

TCD

On our last trip to Disney with my dad (we lost him shortly after), we were in the world showcase for dinner.  I turned around looking for my kids and they were gone, as were my nieces.  Mom explained that Grandpop decided that they absolutely needed to try eclairs from the French bakery BEFORE spoiling their appetites with dinner.  Since that day, it is a must stop for my son and we have always enjoyed the freshness of the offerings, so I would tend to believe that they bake daily.  Let's face it - eclairs have a short shelf life.....

We meander back there on a regular basis early, before the WS opens and things look and are fantastic, at least the one time we ate there. The other visits we've been good and just drooled. :rofl3:

PS: Check out the quiche.

I am missing le boat here.

We've only visited the bakery once- shortly after it opened.  I had a croque monsieur, which came out of a big pile of pre-made sandwiches.  I assumed these were prefabricated in a factory and shipped in like the "freshly baked" goods found in other locations around WDW.

I need to give this place another try.

TCD

We always stop by there also.

I usually get an éclair and while good, I don't remember my last one being super fresh.  I can't remember what else we got but I remember there being a huge line but it went really fast.

TCD you'll like the French CMs there, they always seem really "happy" to be there.  We always joke about what they are thinking about the dumb tourist eating their Disney french food. lol

WBI

We always stop by there also.

I usually get an éclair and while good, I don't remember my last one being super fresh.  I can't remember what else we got but I remember there being a huge line but it went really fast.

TCD you'll like the French CMs there, they always seem really "happy" to be there.  We always joke about what they are thinking about the dumb tourist eating their Disney french food. lol

WBI

Oh, I know about the French CM's. They are indelibly etched into my memory.  I remember covering it in a TR, so I dug through the TCD archives, and found this gem which describes our first (and, as it turns out, last) visit there over two years ago:

We decided to go eat and come back.

So we headed on around to France.

They just opened a new quick serve place there that we wanted to give a try.

It took over the space of a gift shop.

Here's a look at the place where you order and pick up your food:

11712007.jpg

That was also supposed to show you the menu.

But, the menu is too small and blurry to read.

Sorry.

Not to worry, I swiped this photo from a post from GaDawgFan/Kelly:

Les-Halles-Disney-World-Menu-3-600x443.j

So there's the menu.

I did get a good shot of the dessert menu, though:

11712008.jpg

After you stand in line a bit, you come to a big case where everything is on display.

In this photo, you can see the sandwiches, salads and quiche:

11712009.jpg

The concept is that one of the CM's behind the counter is supposed to help you with your choices, and then you move down the case toward the desserts and cash register.

But, these CM's are all French.

They do a masterful job of avoiding eye contact and acting busy so they don't have to wait on the customers.

It's funny to see.

And, oh boy are they condescending!

It's hilarious.

I expect it, so it doesn't bother me in the least.

We had to stand there a few minutes before we were helped.

It's not that they didn't have enough people working.

It's just that the people who were working were working really hard to not do any work.

Needless to say, things move very slow here in France.

Finally, a young lady came over to help us.

Twin #1 ordered a Croissant Jambon Fromage. She could do that by pointing to the ham and cheese croissant in the case. No problem.

Twin #2 ordered the Quiche Lorraine. Again no problem, she just pointed to the quiche in the case.

I wanted to try the Croque Monsier. I understand that this is a toasted Ham and Cheese sandwich. I didn't see anything that looked like that in the case, so I had to try to pronounce it.

How would you say that?

I had no idea.

So, I took a stab at it. I pronounced it like this: Crow-kay Mon-soar. I thought that had to be close enough. Well it wasn't. The CM acted like she had no idea what I was saying, so she asked me again. So, I had to say it again, the same way, but louder. She again pretended not to understand. She smiled, but she was so condescending.

She was good.

What the hell else could I have been asking for? You can't tell me I'm the only stupid American who has passed her way. But, she still didn't understand. I should have just changed my order and pointed to something in the case. But, she was not going to win. So, I pointed to the menu, and said a third time, Crow-kay Mon-soar. I guess the third time was a charm, because she then said Oh- you mean croak-mo-seer (at least that's what is sounded like to me). Very good!

We then finally moved down the case to the dessert section:

11712010.jpg

In the photo above, you can see the CM's happily chatting in French and ignoring the customers.

I love it.

You can also see the fancy toaster ovens that they run the entrees through.

When one of the French CM's finally offered to help us with our dessert selection, we got one chocolate mousse to share, and made our way down the the register to pay.

That was kind of painful.

But you want to know something?

That was really good food.

Really good.

We will be back.

My Crow-kay mon-soar was delcious.

I am going to have another one of those.

And I will come expecting to be abused by the help.

It's the French way.

Oh, I know about the French CM's. They are indelibly etched into my memory.  I remember covering it in a TR, so I dug through the TCD archives, and found this gem which describes our first (and, as it turns out, last) visit there over two years ago:

haha I remembered you posting that but I was thinking it was for the ice cream place.

That is exactly how they are but as you said its the French way, well in Epcot anyway lol.

WBI

• 3 weeks later...

I've been meaning to post these pics.  We were there a couple of weeks ago and they were taking actual baked goods out of the ovens.  :)

16808984563_2f53c0759b_b.jpg

They were also getting a new batch of creme brulée ready...

17243023789_c607fd3764_b.jpg

I got the lobster bisque this visit, along with a raspberry macaron, and both were as delicious as before.  :)

16808976813_a39351861b_b.jpg