I Almost Killed My Best Friend Twice -- WWW 2015

So scary! So glad she is okay.

About extreme pain: my husband was hit by a 5 ton truck when he was in the marines. He has nerve damage and who knows what else in his right shoulder and arm. He is never not in pain. There are days that are worse than others but he always hurts. I will say that he almost never complains about it, though. You would never know by just looking at him that he's in extreme pain but like someone else said I can see it in his eyes.

Does he get any help from the VA?

Yes, he does. Thank goodness.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Chris and I have been best friends for 42 years.  We met at work and have been inseparable ever since.  If I hadn't moved to another city when I was 4, we would have attended the same high school toge

Saturday, May 2 -- Part 2   Later that evening the WW had their potluck dinner, and it was so good!  Can you believe I forgot to take a picture of the food table?  Shame on me!   As usual, Carol was b

First... Praise God that Chris is okay!  While I realized that many of the CM's were unnecessary, at least they appeared to care so...kuddos there Disney!   Pictures of you two are super cute; again,

Wow, scary, I would of been terrified for Chris.  I'm glad she was good to go the next day. Looking forward to reading the rest of your report.

Thanks.  Chris was really sore in her chest for a couple of days (typical after an asthma attack).  Hopefully will get an update in tomorrow.  Been out of town today.

We all, especially Gwen, were more worried about Chris than Chris was.

Chris took it in stride.  Very glad she  got through that without major problems.  Like hospital!

Chris and Gwen sure look like sisters, don't they?

Chris has been to the ER many times with an asthma attack and, yes, she took it in stride.  I fell apart.

We've never been told before that we look like sisters, but we've heard it a lot in the last two weeks.  We are God-given sisters.  I'm an only child, and she has only one brother.  Looking back through pictures of us together over the years, I guess we do look like we could be sisters.  Like this one from our last cruise together:

2007.11.27%20CampG%20Formal%20copy_zpsrj

And no, we didn't intentionally dress in matching clothing.  It just happened.

Yes, he does. Thank goodness.

So happy to hear this.  I don't know what we would have done with my father without the VA's help.He was a WW2 vet, and his prescriptions alone in his last 10 years would have been astronomical for us to pay.

So happy to hear she is ok. Unfortunately I know exactly what she goes thru when she has attacks. And I've seen the the pain on my family's faces when I have one.

I'm sorry you had to go thru it too. So glad she had someone there with her.

Thank you for all the wonderful photos. 

Will be looking forward to the next update. 

Michele

So happy to hear she is ok. Unfortunately I know exactly what she goes thru when she has attacks. And I've seen the the pain on my family's faces when I have one.

I'm sorry you had to go thru it too. So glad she had someone there with her.

Thank you for all the wonderful photos. 

Will be looking forward to the next update. 

Michele

Thank you, Michele.  Hopefully I'll have another update tomorrow.

Monday, May 4 -- Our Last Full Day at WDW -- Part 1

I forgot to mention that Chris, Gretchen, Nicole, and I got a GAG for dinner last night.  Everyone else ate at a park.  I'm not gonna tell the money situation -- MPR and all -- but if Nicole chooses to tell the happenings, it's up to her.

We got to sleep early and finally had a good night's sleep.

This morning Chris and I took Bill and Gretchen to breakfast at TE.  If you haven't met this wonderful, wacky couple, I encourage you to do so!  They are so much fun!

Photos on the way to TE:

1145_zpslxmx1mvt.jpg

Wanna race?

_DSC7193_zps5pfpxazn.jpg

_DSC7194_zps4fjk1qur.jpg

_DSC7195_zpszv51axdn.jpg

_DSC7197_zpsivfigfdw.jpg

Some of my food at TE:

_DSC7202_zpswzybwobp.jpg

I was so happy to see that they've included cheese and hard salami on the buffet!

_DSC7205_zpseydpu7gu.jpg

And some of Chris' food:

_DSC7203_zpsws47p3hf.jpg

I think she tried a little of everything.

If you haven't had the opportunity to meet Gretchen and Bill, I highly encourage you to do so.  They are such a fun couple!

_DSC7208_zpse88xurq5.jpg

_DSC7209_zpsbzscqsbu.jpg

_DSC7210_zpsdht74gvj.jpg

After breakfast we had more fun in the party tent.

_DSC7215_zps9z3jcxz1.jpg

_DSC7219_zpsavdpzl9h.jpg

_DSC7220_zpshgbtljyy.jpg

But Carol still had to work.

_DSC7221_zps7kgesizc.jpg

The rest of us kept things lively.

_DSC7222_zpsxvldtdzs.jpg

_DSC7223_zpslg7ggrrs.jpg

_DSC7225_zpswm2xbaiy.jpg

The beautiful Sarah:

_DSC7230_zpspp5yzmgd.jpg

The three mouseketeers:

_DSC7242_zps9p7y3bo8.jpg

And all too soon it was time for Marty and Sarah to leave.

_DSC7248_zpsggscpdz9.jpg

Oh my goodness... looks like SO MUCH fun!!  Love the people pics; everyone looks so happy :)    

Breakfast at TE, one of my favorites.  We already have 2 reservations made for our trip this fall.... we may need to try and squeeze in a 3rd :)

Why do pictures of the Fort immediately make me feel calm?  Just looking at them and I take a deep breath :)

Oh my goodness... looks like SO MUCH fun!!  Love the people pics; everyone looks so happy :)    

Breakfast at TE, one of my favorites.  We already have 2 reservations made for our trip this fall.... we may need to try and squeeze in a 3rd :)

Why do pictures of the Fort immediately make me feel calm?  Just looking at them and I take a deep breath :)

We did have so much fun!  I laughed more that 7 days than I usually do in a month.

We usually have breakfast at TE 2-3 times a week when we're there.  You know you want to squeeze in a third meal!

Fort pictures make me feel calm too.  Can't wait until our fall trip!

You take beautiful pictures!

Thank you!  You just don't see the really bad ones.

I like your Vera Bradley bag. My husband just got me a new one for my birthday, love him!!!! It's not a mickey bag but I still really like it.

Thanks.  I'm not a big Vera Bradley fan, but I do love that bag.  I can get my huge camera, extra lenses, my travel tripod, everything I need into it.

Good!  Gotta hear from Chris too :)  These two ladies are so generous, hard to remember all the gifts and gadgets they showed up with.  Gwen, I shared the cookies with friends who also like ginger.  Was too temping to keep all of them, they are like potato chips, can't eat just one!

Speaking of gifts we also received hair clips with flowers on them, a fancy mason jar decorated with our names and a top with holes in it and a cool straw that won't fall out, even if it is tipped over, those by Mo, if my memory is working.

Chris brought bracelets that you can use to escape a dangerous situation.  AND bar-b-que!! Boy was that good, the leftovers were frozen and after DH and I had a couple of bbq dinners, I made the rest into a soup. YUM!

The TE breakfast was delicious.  Think my very favorite was their biscuits.  Thanks for that treat Gwen and Chris.

Good!  Gotta hear from Chris too :)  These two ladies are so generous, hard to remember all the gifts and gadgets they showed up with.  Gwen, I shared the cookies with friends who also like ginger.  Was too temping to keep all of them, they are like potato chips, can't eat just one!

Speaking of gifts we also received hair clips with flowers on them, a fancy mason jar decorated with our names and a top with holes in it and a cool straw that won't fall out, even if it is tipped over, those by Mo, if my memory is working.

Chris brought bracelets that you can use to escape a dangerous situation.  AND bar-b-que!! Boy was that good, the leftovers were frozen and after DH and I had a couple of bbq dinners, I made the rest into a soup. YUM!

The TE breakfast was delicious.  Think my very favorite was their biscuits.  Thanks for that treat Gwen and Chris.

Barbecue soup?!?  How did you make it?

A little late , but caught up . This is quite a wild story .

Welcome aboard!

Monday, May 4 -- Part 2

After Sarah and Marty left, Chris and I went to MK one last time.

_DSC7251_zpsditk1a7c.jpg

Yes, there still is construction going on in front of the castle.

_DSC7252_zpsbbv72yjv.jpg

We had lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern.  First up was the lobster and crab dip.  Sorry, it was so good and we were too busy eating for a photo.

Then we shared the pot roast.  This is half of the meal:

_DSC7265_zpswggfsxca.jpg

Plenty of food to share!

_DSC7268_zpscthclzzv.jpg

The only really interesting person we saw on this trip:

_DSC7269%20copy_zps9qmzwvn5.jpg

That earring looks painful!

We had beautiful weather again:

_DSC7270_zpsfsxs63d9.jpg

We rode PP, and Chris made a friend there:

_DSC7273_zps1te4wdbk.jpg

Chris had never seen New Fantasyland, so we walked through the area.

_DSC7274_zpssup242lk.jpg

_DSC7275_zpsd4tmmrxw.jpg

We stopped at a few PP photographers for more best friend pictures.

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_73

MK_BELLEVILLAGEBRIDGEICONNC_7301735111%2

And then continued on our way through NF.

_DSC7284_zpsakkh6lw2.jpg

_DSC7285_zpst3b2e7wk.jpg

_DSC7286_zpsctxklzpd.jpg

On our way out of the park we got sugar-free raspberry sorbet and sat on the wall near the Plaza Restaurant to eat it.  And who just happened to walk past us?  Mike, who was the first responder to Chris' asthma attack.

_DSC7288_zpsrzhrrgje.jpg

A super-nice guy.  We really enjoyed talking with him.

I took this photo of the castle forecourt:

_DSC7289_zpsdzmzgsj5.jpg

Then we stopped in the Emporium for one last shopping experience.

_DSC7294_zpsk8nxsrlw.jpg

And we said goodbye to the Magic Kingdom.

_DSC7299_zpshenfgge8.jpg

_DSC7300_zps4rxo4dkw.jpg

It was late afternoon when we got back to the Fort.

_DSC7301_zpsattinbpp.jpg

_DSC7302_zpsxx4iqt3u.jpg

Chris wanted to go to the Meadow Trading Post, so we caught a bus there.  Then we had to take two buses to get back to the 1700 loop.  On the way we saw these deer:

1153_zpsx7y5acpn.jpg

And then we saw a mother turkey with her little babies!  Aren't they cute?

1157_zpshqodruq0.jpg

After I turned my scooter back in to Walker Mobility, we had leftover salad and GAG for dinner.  Gretchen makes the BEST salads!

Bill needed to get the trailer off the site early the next morning, so Chris and I spent the evening getting all our junk packed into her car.  We turned in early and had a good night's sleep.

Start with a box of crushed tomatoes, Poma, I think.  Rinse box with water add that.  Then added a couple kinds of canned beans, garbonzo and ?? I forget.  Add any and all vegies you think will taste good.  Don't forget the BBQ, I also cut up the last piece of the GAG chicken and it went in too, even added the rest of the sauce.  Using frozen mixed vegies is  a time saver ;)  I usually put chili pepper and cumin in this type of soup but with the BBQ flavor I just went with that.  Add water too if needed.  There are a few bags in the freezer, if any left in Oct/Nov. I'll heat it up for you. :)

Start with a box of crushed tomatoes, Poma, I think.  Rinse box with water add that.  Then added a couple kinds of canned beans, garbonzo and ?? I forget.  Add any and all vegies you think will taste good.  Don't forget the BBQ, I also cut up the last piece of the GAG chicken and it went in too, even added the rest of the sauce.  Using frozen mixed vegies is  a time saver ;)  I usually put chili pepper and cumin in this type of soup but with the BBQ flavor I just went with that.  Add water too if needed.  There are a few bags in the freezer, if any left in Oct/Nov. I'll heat it up for you. :)

Sounds good!

I've only been to Liberty Tavern once and it was a buffet.  I thought all the meals were buffet style... guess I wrong!

Turkeys.  Ugly things but yes... the babies are cute :)   

Love the photos above of you two ladies!  What a wonderful friendship... so many years, so many memories!  Awesome!!

That castle forecourt area looks really nice, but I wonder how long the grass will survive with so many people walking and sitting on it?  We were just in Washington DC this past April and it seems like they are always working on the National Mall to revive it.

I've only been to Liberty Tavern once and it was a buffet.  I thought all the meals were buffet style... guess I wrong!

Really?  I didn't know it's ever been a buffet.  But I've only been going there about three years.  Lunch is order off the menu now, and dinner is family style.

Great update and photos.

BBQ soup sounds good.

I love the photo of the castle forecourt. They have done a good job.

Thanks, Ray!

That castle forecourt area looks really nice, but I wonder how long the grass will survive with so many people walking and sitting on it?  We were just in Washington DC this past April and it seems like they are always working on the National Mall to revive it.

I'm about 99% sure it's fake grass.  TCD or someone else will hopefully confirm.

Tuesday, May 5

After the beautiful weather we had all weekend, we awoke to rain.  Boo!  Go away!

_DSC7312_zpsctydvlu3.jpg

Chris and I packed up our last-minute things, tried to help Gretchen and Bill (but there was little we could do), and helped take down the party tent.

I felt bad for Bill/Gretchen and Carol, who would have to arrive home and dry out everything.

Meanwhile, Gretchen, Chris, and I made a last-minute stop at the Meadow Trading Post to buy a few things.  I got a FW shirt for David and also this item, which I hadn't been able to find anywhere else:

_DSC7448_zpsnvujligc.jpg

I've been decorating the moho with this silicone kitchen ware because it matches the interior of the moho.  But I hardly found any of the items in any store on this trip.  Which leads me to believe Disney is discontinuing the line.  Any ideas what I can do with the mold?  How can I decorate with it?

Chris and I made a last-minute pit stop at the Outpost and admired the flowers.

_DSC7314_zpshkpexns4.jpg

_DSC7315_zpstskxqrhb.jpg

_DSC7316_zps0ymlsbvx.jpg

_DSC7317_zpspg5lhpjr.jpg

_DSC7327_zpsybm49nyc.jpg

And then we started home about 11:00.  But we took the long way around.  We had planned two days to drive home.  Neither of us was in a hurry to get back to NC, and there were a few things in Florida that Chris wanted to see.

Our first detour was:

_DSC7328_zpsxab2worh.jpg

_DSC7329_zps8huwhnhu.jpg

_DSC7330_zpsqo4bbfvu.jpg

_DSC7331_zpstzfjselx.jpg

I tried to get a picture of this sign for TCD (you know, in case he wants to attend), but we were moving too fast.

_DSC7332_zps0ppm5a4s.jpg

_DSC7333_zpsme9wpwmu.jpg

_DSC7335_zpsqa2dpcuf.jpg

Do they have enough Daytona Beach signs?

_DSC7336_zpsfr9uzcvf.jpg

_DSC7338_zpsdniek0xc.jpg

_DSC7341_zpsrjroucpb.jpg

_DSC7343_zpsyspuztjs.jpg

After Chris got tired of the freezing water on her toes, we drove northward on A1A in search of lunch and ran across this place.  There were so many cars there, we figured it must be good.

_DSC7354_zpsc9nbfva5.jpg

_DSC7355_zpsclrp7dkw.jpg

_DSC7356_zpszeyeegay.jpg

As usual we were starving and dove into our food before I remembered to take pictures.

I had broiled shrimp with cole slaw.

_DSC7358_zpsw1a3zieq.jpg

Chris had a steak and cheese melt.

_DSC7359_zpsiwqsanqc.jpg

All the food was really good.  If you ever eat there, I don't think you will be disappointed.  Next up, we continue northward on A1A to another first for Chris.

Really?  I didn't know it's ever been a buffet.  But I've only been going there about three years.  Lunch is order off the menu now, and dinner is family style.

Had to think back when we went... it was November of 2012, around mid-month and it was a Thanksgiving style thing.  I guess it wasn't really a buffet, but more like the HDDR where they just kept bringing you platters of food :)

Love the picture of Chris in the water and that food looks great! :)