I Almost Killed My Best Friend Twice -- WWW 2015

Chris and I have been best friends for 42 years.  We met at work and have been inseparable ever since.  If I hadn't moved to another city when I was 4, we would have attended the same high school together.  But God in His wisdom brought us together anyway.

When Chris was a little girl, her grandmother made her a rag doll and asked her to guess the doll's name.  After several unsuccessful guesses, the grandmother finally told her the doll's name was Gwendolyn.  And then she went on to tell Chris that one day she would meet a friend whose name was also Gwendolyn.  The rest is history.

Anyway, Chris suffers from severe fibromyalgia and asthma (foreshadowing).  We were planning to attend WWW 2014 but her health prevented her from going on the trip, so I went alone.  I had a great time, but all the while I was wishing she could be there to share in the fun.

Her health improved, and we happily planned to attend WWW 2015.

Thursday, April 30

David and I left home a little after 4 am and met Chris at Carowinds about 6 am.  (Unfortunately we now live two hours apart.)  We transferred all my luggage to her SUV and set out on an adventure.  Dawn was just breaking.

_DSC6891_zpscalackld.jpg

This is Chris, my designated driver.  I hate to drive and she hates to be a passenger, so she drove the entire way.

_DSC6898_zpsoddmilsy.jpg

Flat Snarky was happy to be riding along.

_DSC6893_zps3jfhierx.jpg

We cruised down 77 and soon were on 26.

_DSC6894_zpszvwlk0zj.jpg

Ya'ay, 95!

_DSC6895_zpso0nv5uk2.jpg

Let me say right now we don't travel like Mo and Nicole.  We are two old ladies who have to make frequent pit stops and also stop for meals.

We had a leisurely breakfast in Columbia.  A pit stop in Walterboro.  Refueled in Hardeeville, SC.

And then we arrived at this beautiful sight.

_DSC6899_zpsizf5ldwm.jpg

Snarky was so happy to be here!

_DSC6902_zpsdryjlfim.jpg

We refueled again in Deland, FL, and soon arrived at I-4 after admiring the beautiful Florida clouds.  We rarely have clouds like this in NC.

_DSC6903_zpsf8oxpcnf.jpg

_DSC6906_zpsspzqoecr.jpg

We took 417 from Sanford to the Disney exit, and it was worth every penny!

_DSC6908_zpsr8sylz6t.jpg

And soon we arrived here.

_DSC6910_zpso9ekt5dn.jpg

And here.

_DSC6912_zpsmuvmm8ip.jpg

And at 4:30 we arrived.

_DSC6912a_zpsfexabiu1.jpg

We were really tired but happy to be home.

_DSC6914_zpsrvklnv1r.jpg

Here's the party tent with Mo, Nicole, Jen, and Yvonne's pop-up from Kurt behind it, and in the back is Carol's tent with another canopy.

_DSC6915_zpsjcgodwcn.jpg

And here's Gretchen's hybrid next door. Chris and I really enjoyed camping with her.

_DSC6917_zpsth1yy93h.jpg

And here's a picture of all the 2015 WW.  

11188359_10206687069314038_7018124959776

(credit to Jen and CJ, who took the picture for us)

Sorry to stop this report here, but I forgot to charge my camera battery that night.  The next day's pictures are on Chris' camera, and it's going to be at least the first of the week before I can get them from her.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Chris and I have been best friends for 42 years.  We met at work and have been inseparable ever since.  If I hadn't moved to another city when I was 4, we would have attended the same high school toge

Saturday, May 2 -- Part 2   Later that evening the WW had their potluck dinner, and it was so good!  Can you believe I forgot to take a picture of the food table?  Shame on me!   As usual, Carol was b

First... Praise God that Chris is okay!  While I realized that many of the CM's were unnecessary, at least they appeared to care so...kuddos there Disney!   Pictures of you two are super cute; again,

Well when they post I will be waiting. Count me in!

Thanks for reading along!

I'm in when you can post!

Thank you too, Kelly!

Page 1!  Can't wait to see pics whenever you get them working!

Pics are now working.  It was a stupid mistake on my part.  A space where there shouldn't have been one.

Sounds like your friend owes you at least one pay back.

I'm afraid you're right.

First page bragging rights! Short trip report so far, but I'm in!

Sorry it's so short.  It will get longer after the first of the week.

I'm in and waiting also!!!!!!!!

You have to remember the WWW Mary Poppins Rule.  My TR won't be nearly as much fun as the trip was.

So far thngs sound pretty tame, so this should be interesting.

This TR will be tame because of MPR.

I'm in and I get first page bragging rights.

Sounds like a Great start. I hope it continues.

It will continue as soon as I get the pictures from Chris' camera.

Great start!  Can't wait for more!

The title hooked me... I'm in

I'm in!

Hope I don't disappoint!

I'm in!

And I love that you had Flat Snarky along for the ride too.  B)

Hope you all jump in here to tell your parts of the story!  Flat Snarky went everywhere with me over the weekend.  I just kept forgetting to take his picture.

What a great story about your friendship. Love it!

Thank you.  We've been through a lot together over the years, but it's only made our friendship stronger.  I was an only child, and she only had a brother.  We are God-given sisters.  People even tell us we look alike, but I don't see it.