I Almost Killed My Best Friend Twice -- WWW 2015

In!

Great!

I love your friend story.  Worried about the title!  

Yes, it worries me too.  I know what I did.

I'm in and only page #2 ;)

Gretchen, happy to have you here!  Please add your comments!

Glad to see one of us is organized enough to start a report.

Oh and you and Chris do resemble each other. Of course not as much as my mom, Marty and I do.

Please chime in with your thoughts!  I'm not organized yet.  Still not completely unpacked.  But Flat Snarky is still with me to encourage me.

Never having seen your mom, I can't comment on that.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Chris and I have been best friends for 42 years.  We met at work and have been inseparable ever since.  If I hadn't moved to another city when I was 4, we would have attended the same high school toge

Saturday, May 2 -- Part 2   Later that evening the WW had their potluck dinner, and it was so good!  Can you believe I forgot to take a picture of the food table?  Shame on me!   As usual, Carol was b

First... Praise God that Chris is okay!  While I realized that many of the CM's were unnecessary, at least they appeared to care so...kuddos there Disney!   Pictures of you two are super cute; again,

Great!

Yes, it worries me too. I know what I did.

Gretchen, happy to have you here! Please add your comments!

Please chime in with your thoughts! I'm not organized yet. Still not completely unpacked. But Flat Snarky is still with me to encourage me.

Never having seen your mom, I can't comment on that.

Actually my mom's name is Sandra. Someone mistakenly thought I was Marty (Momof6) daughter. That is what I was referring to.

I am in and along for the ride! Such a touching story about your lasting friendship. It made me think about the longest friendship I have. It's with someone I met in middle school so 35 years and counting!

Actually my mom's name is Sandra. Someone mistakenly thought I was Marty (Momof6) daughter. That is what I was referring to.

That's funny!

I Almost Killed My Best Friend Twice -- WWW 2015? :huh:??

I have to know how this ends? :huh:

Well, obviously I wasn't successful or I wouldn't be here today!

I am in and along for the ride! Such a touching story about your lasting friendship. It made me think about the longest friendship I have. It's with someone I met in middle school so 35 years and counting!

You are very fortunate to have that friendship for so long.

Excited to hear the rest, but a little scared of what it might entail!

I was afraid, too.  Very afraid.  But the 15+ Disney employees / EMTs helping us were relatively calm.  They've seen it all before.

Okay... we just gt back from camping so, I'm now in!  Excited to hear about the trip; I hope you ladies had a GREAT time!!! :)

Well how did you do with the new camper, trip report moving slow so time to hijack.

Okay... we just gt back from camping so, I'm now in!  Excited to hear about the trip; I hope you ladies had a GREAT time!!! :)

Hope your camping trip went well.  Yes, we had a great time!

Well how did you do with the new camper, trip report moving slow so time to hijack.

Sorry it's moving so slow.  Unless our Mama's eye surgery tomorrow morning is postponed, I will get Chris' pictures in the morning.

Hijack away! 

Sorry it's moving so slow.  Unless our Mama's eye surgery tomorrow morning is postponed, I will get Chris' pictures in the morning.

Hijack away! 

Just trying to keep your audience entertained :rofl: hope the surgery goes well.

Haha... it was a super short 2 night local trip, but we had a great time :)  Thank you!  I will post a few pictures of the camper... and a new one of the Stone Mountain CG.

She's having surgery.  I hope it helps her.

Sorry... just caught this.  Surgery?  I saw Beckers mentioned injections (which I didn't know was possible for the eye...yikes, that sounds painful!); is this a risky surgery?  Please keep us posted on how this goes.

Just got home.  Mama's laser surgery went well.  The doctor is trying to prevent her getting wet macular degeneration down the road and having to have the monthly shots.

Got the pictures from Chris that I need to continue this TR.  Haven't even looked at them yet. 

Just got home. Mama's laser surgery went well. The doctor is trying to prevent her getting wet macular degeneration down the road and having to have the monthly shots.

Got the pictures from Chris that I need to continue this TR. Haven't even looked at them yet.

Glad to hear, hope she has a speedy recovery.

Friday, May 1

This was my mode of transportation for the weekend:

877_zpsqvuhidlz.jpg

It's depressing.  It's a pain, and it's humiliating.  It's hard to deal with the fact that my arthritis has become so much worse over the past 18 months.  That's why I've put on so much weight because I simply can't get around like I used to.  But I won't let it stop me from enjoying WDW!

We had breakfast at TE.

It had been over 20 years since Chris visited WDW.  And even then her DH refused to come out of the hotel room, and no one would experience any of the attractions with her.  She did slip away alone for a few hours and ride Splash.

I realized early Friday morning that I'd forgotten to charge my camera battery the night before and it was dead, dead, dead.  As I've said before, when I don't have my camera I feel like my right arm is cut off.  But Chris did take a few pictures.

So which was our first park? 

881_zps36lpieb0.jpg

MK, of course!

MK_MSMKTHOU_7292747170_zpsdqmbb448.jpeg

887_zpsfmk7ngfo.jpg

885_zpsuodmbk7l.jpg

I hit Uptown Jewelers first to snag two Pandora charms I'd been wanting.  Will try to post a pic of my bracelet later.

As for the attractions, we had to avoid the biggies like SM, BTMRR, 7DMT, because of her health conditions.  She can't experience extreme bumps/jostling to avoid setting the fibro off (more foreshadowing).

Can you believe with four trips to WDW she had never experienced these attractions?

_DSC3596_zps76ee3932.jpg

_DSC6262_zpse1e3730c.jpg

_DSC4099_zps8e63676d.jpg

And then she got me on Splash, which I've always wanted to experience but couldn't because David refused to ride it.  I loved the ride before and after the drop.

But how was the drop?

MK_SPLASH_7301693291_zpsaswuksyl.jpeg

In case you can't see my expression, here's a closeup:

MK_SPLASH_7301694327_zpshzj6fjce.jpeg

I'll never ride it again!  It didn't make my stomach do flip-flops.  It gave me a splitting headache, which I kept for over a day.  Figure that one out.

Chris and I had kid's meals for lunch at Pecos Bill's.  She had the turkey sandwich, and I had the pulled pork.

Jen and Yvonne arrived that afternoon, and it was Carol's birthday.  The rest of the group went to Raglan Road for dinner, but Chris and I were too tired to go.

Tomorrow is the first threat to Chris.