• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't know what's going one with the weather, climate change, mad scientist, etc (maybe old age and weight gain). but if you are heading to the Fort or anywhere at Disney watch out.   We are having mi

Are you sure you aren't describing NC?

We hit a few days of 80s humidity in the last couple of weeks, and now we're back to "normal" - which is A-OK with me.   I think I'd burst into flames if I was there - after first melting into a puddl

I'm a mid 70s guy...summer, winter, longevity.    :rolleyes:

Without swimming the higher 70's with low to mid humidity is great.

Mid to higher 80's with mid humidity is great for swimming and other outdoor activities.

90's is good for hanging out by a pool and sitting in the shade with a fan blowing.

Or for watching the crazed tourists running around like madmen/women having heat strokes at the parks trying to get everything done on their pre planned spreadsheets!

They took everything into account, except the blast furnace know as summer in the Sunshine state.

Disney must make a fortune selling dry shirts to the people that have sweated thru three by 10 a.m.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to the Fort over Memorial Weekend and it was HOT HOT HOT!  High temps and high humidity.  During our 2 hour set up time I went thru 3 shirts, 2 bottles of water, a liter of lemonade and 3 beers.  My headband was soaked thru 3 times.

Other than the temp and humidity, we had decent weather.

It rained Friday night when we tried to do the 24 hours.  Not bad, just enough to closed down a lot of rides and to make walking around annoying.  But by the time we got back to the Fort, it either didn't rain, or dried up.

Same thing happened Sunday late morning.  Rained on and off at HS for about a 1/2 hour, but when we got back to the site it was dry.

If anyone is at the Fort today or are arriving soon, it's beautiful at the moment.

Clear, very low humidity, high 70's.  it will get to 90 today and tomorrow.

Rain expected Saturday.

It rained Friday night when we tried to do the 24 hours.  Not bad, just enough to closed down a lot of rides and to make walking around annoying.  But by the time we got back to the Fort, it either didn't rain, or dried up.

That rain rocked. People headed out because of it. It delayed the Main Street Electric Parade which gave us a good hour-ish to sit down inside of the Town Square Theater and rested awhile. We bucked up, bought yet another set of overpriced ponchos, and took off in search of inside stuff and food. Once they did the MSEP at 1am, it cleared out even more. We had a great evening from there out.

That rain rocked. People headed out because of it. It delayed the Main Street Electric Parade which gave us a good hour-ish to sit down inside of the Town Square Theater and rested awhile. We bucked up, bought yet another set of overpriced ponchos, and took off in search of inside stuff and food. Once they did the MSEP at 1am, it cleared out even more. We had a great evening from there out.

We bailed before then.  Left around 11:45-12ish.

Went to the Fort over Memorial Weekend and it was HOT HOT HOT!  High temps and high humidity. 

Ok you just made completely ok with missing out on 24 hours this year. Sounds like I would have been a puddle. :)

It was a delightful weekend up this way, although a bit cool in the evenings and we needed a blanket for sitting around the fire.

It's been high 80s and humid the past couple of days and right now they're predicting big t-storms later this afternoon/evening.

Ok you just made completely ok with missing out on 24 hours this year. Sounds like I would have been a puddle. :)

It was a delightful weekend up this way, although a bit cool in the evenings and we needed a blanket for sitting around the fire.

It's been high 80s and humid the past couple of days and right now they're predicting big t-storms later this afternoon/evening.

Tuesday night on the drive home from work under darkening skies, the weather report said no rain until Saturday.

Well Saturday arrived with a vengeance about 6:30!

It rained hard and solid until at least 11.  Power was flickering, we turned off the TV after the first blip, lost Internet 3 times due to equipment restarting.

It was raining so hard, that when I was watching TV I had the volume cranked way up, and I could still barely hear the show.

We got about 5 to 6 inches of rain.

It was a large localized storm, a large rectangular area.  Places outside of the zone barely got a drop.

We just back from WDW. Did a lot of swimming at the Dolphin. Went to HS Saturday afternoon, wasn't too crowded and temps weren't too too bad. Different story at AK Sunday. We only stayed to the Lion King show and went back to swim. The car display said it was 101 degrees in the parking lot. Dropped to 94 while we were driving back.

Had periods of rain both days, nothing too bad.

Another story when we got hone. Heavy rain for almost 3 hours, still going on.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got this alert from work since we have a lot of people on the street...

Today brings summerlike warmth and dangerous RealFeel® temperatures "Temperatures will soar into the 90s to near 100 F, with AccuWeather RealFeel® temperatures as high as 110-115 at times," Vallee said.

Even with the risk of extra clouds and afternoon thunderstorms, high temperatures should still reach the lower 90s, which is still above average for late spring. Anyone going outdoors for an extended period of time should bring water along to keep yourself hydrated. Be sure to protect yourself by using sunscreen and wearing a hat. Remind our employees to continue to be hydrated before, during and after being outdoors.

In extreme heat conditions, it is best to dress in light-colored clothing to reflect the sunlight. Dark-colored clothing will absorb the heat into your body, raising your body temperature. With RealFeel® temperatures in the triple digits, anyone remaining outside for a long period of time will run the risk for serious health defects including heat cramps, heat exhaustion and heatstroke.

The map that I couldn't add shows the entire state except the coastline, Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, SC, and parts of NC covered in red and all under the Real Feel 100-110 degree temps.