Ok I booked a site back in January for a preferred loop since then my parents have upgraded their camper from a 32ft. 5th wheel with 1 slide out now to a 40ft 5th wheel with 3 slides. We are going for 10 days in October around Columbus day. Please reassure me that they will have a spot we can fit in. Premium spots are sold out so we cannot rebook. Thanks

Others with RVs will be along to tell you more info, but I suggest getting the Fort Fiends app.  It will tell you the exact measurements of every site and a picture.  Armed with that info and the size of your camper you could put the sites that you would fit into in a message on your reservation.  Hope it all works out for a wonderful trip!

Find the Fort Fiends site app and look up the specific sites in each of the loops.  In the description it will tell you the dimensions of each site.  It is a very good app.  I would avoid the 300 loop because its streets are narrow and difficult to maneuver such a long MH.  On this site there is a form letter you can download and fill out that you fax to the number on the letter requesting that specific site.  Have three choices and fax this letter 5 days before your arrival date.  They do not assign specific sites before that time and they usually honor your requests.

This might help you.

If it helps, this page has a link to a map showing the loop layout and where the comfort station is located, as well as links to videos of all the loops showing site numbers, a great Google Earth interactive map and the Fort Fiends mobile app that includes specs and photos of all campsites...

http://www.fortfiend...sifications-r61

I stole from Mo. Don't tell her.

• 2 weeks later...

Find the Fort Fiends site app and look up the specific sites in each of the loops.  In the description it will tell you the dimensions of each site.  It is a very good app.  I would avoid the 300 loop because its streets are narrow and difficult to maneuver such a long MH.  On this site there is a form letter you can download and fill out that you fax to the number on the letter requesting that specific site.  Have three choices and fax this letter 5 days before your arrival date.  They do not assign specific sites before that time and they usually honor your requests.

Hello DinDavie, can you please tell me where I can locate the form you mentioned.  I have not been able to find the link.  Thanks

Hello DinDavie, can you please tell me where I can locate the form you mentioned.  I have not been able to find the link.  Thanks

The majority of interesting facts and hints on Fort Fiends can be found on this link

http://www.fortfiends.net/_/info/site-map-find-what-you-need-here-r99

which is under the info tab.

The fax info is about 1/2 way down the page

Loop/Site Requests - information on how to request a particular loop/site, including the recommended fax form

I did an overnight stay at the Fort on a whim last summer. We were assigned to the 200 loop. We are in a 42' fifth wheel with 4 slides (on both sides of the camper). Parking the camper was a little tricky due to an ill-placed recycling container, but we got in without a whole lot of fanfare.

With the short notice (literally the day before), we didn't have any time to make requests or anything.

:welcome2: There are sites that you will fit on and there are sites that you won't. But don't :panic:  I second Jason's advise to be sure and have your new size requirements noted on your reservation.  Disney will get you into a site that suites you.  I would keep an eye out for a full hook up or Premium site as well.  Personally, I don't care for the preferred loops. The only thing Preferred is the location.They are for the most part more tightly packed in and tend to be on the short side.  Many of the sites require that the TV is parked either sideways very near the road or in the overflow parking up front.  Most of the full hook up sites are larger with more space between the sites.

We were assigned to the 200 loop. We are in a 42' fifth wheel with 4 slides (on both sides of the camper). Parking the camper was a little tricky due to an ill-placed recycling container, but we got in without a whole lot of fanfare.

Random trees, utility poles, recycling/trash containers, etc., are the tricky bit in 300 too.  We've still managed to get a 33' TT with opposing slides, plus a Ford Excursion, golf cart and a 9 x 12 pen for the dogs into several sites there without a lot of pain and suffering.  That said, there are also a whole lot of sites in that loop we won't fit in - namely the ones on the inside and a bunch near the beginning and end of the loop.

The majority of interesting facts and hints on Fort Fiends can be found on this link

http://www.fortfiends.net/_/info/site-map-find-what-you-need-here-r99

which is under the info tab.

The fax info is about 1/2 way down the page

Loop/Site Requests - information on how to request a particular loop/site, including the recommended fax form

Thank you for your help!!!

• 4 weeks later...

I would not sweat it to much at all. Went down a few years back with a 32' fifth with 2 slides and my slide hitch failed to work. I have a short bed truck. So I could not get in the 200 loop site because if the recycle container across from my site. Went back up front in a panic as it was Easter time. Figured I was in trouble. And the reservationists told me no worries this is Disney sir we are here to make your trip stress free and magical. I upgraded on the spot to a premium site and all was great. Good luck and I would still take the others advice. It's not fun to worry. Takes away from the trip. And FYI keep an eye right down down to the last 5days before you go because of the cancellation policy that's when sites show up on the website.

Mine is 42foot and I have had issues in all loops with it fitting. It won't matter if you reserve preferred or premium. what maters is the size of the site and the angle of approach to back into it.  I have a CDL and have a lot of big truck experience   some of these sites are impossible 

... what maters is the size of the site and the angle of approach to back into it.

That angle part can be especially tricky in parts of the preferred loops because of how tight the curve of the road is.  Then add in the assortment of utility posts, trees and branches that can sometimes be in totally inconvenient locations, and it gets even more fun - especially for bigger rigs.

That said, we have a 33' TT with opposing, deep slides, Ford Excursion, golf cart and a 9x12 pen for the dogs, and we've managed to always squeeze into sites in 300 somehow.

I've also seen everything in there from pop-ups to 40+ MH and giant 5th wheels with all kinds of slides. I've seen people with not-so-long TTs take a full hour to get backed in (not so much a site issue as a people issue-LOL), and a 44' MH zip right in on the first try.