CONFIRMED: Tiered Ticketing and Price Increases

56 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I am bumping this old thread because all of this week's announcements from Disney (Rivers of Light is opening next week, Pandora in May, new fireworks show in May) got me to wondering what's next.

It looks like it's been right at a year since the last ticket price increase.

I think we all know what's coming next.

TCD

15 minutes ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

Rumor has DL increase coming Sunday. I havent seen it anywhere I trust though to share it. 

Thanks for the bump and heads up!  Generally these rumors tend to be pretty accurate when they get started.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh look another way to increase prices.  Will the drinks cost more in the summer, coffee and hot chocolate in the winter?   

They could even require a swipe of the Magicband to get toilet paper....and call the program "Swipe to Wipe".  

FL resident APs are already tiered... sort of.  There are different levels of passes/pricing, the less expensive ones with blockout dates.  I suppose it's possible that if this becomes an actual thing

1 hour ago, AuburnJen said:

Why yes, it is that time of year again to raise prices.  Ugh.

Makes me glad we bought DH's AP a couple of months ago, even though now we may not activate it until November.

Unfortunately my AP expires in April. But I'll be keeping an eye on Undercover Tourist to see if it'll make sense to snag a discounted ticket now to upgrade later.

As the song says... Whoop! There it is!

BREAKING: Walt Disney World Ticket and Annual Pass Price Increases Announced

The annual price hike for tickets and annual passes at Walt Disney World is coming tomorrow, Sunday, February 12th, 2017 and we’ve got some of the details for you.

Disney last year introduced seasonal one-day ticket pricing, with three tiers based on time of year. For most Disney theme parks, mid-tier tickets will cost $107, up from $102. Peak season tickets – generally for spring break, summer and Christmas break – will cost $119, up from $114. A one-day visit during the least-popular value days will cost $99, up from $97.

The Magic Kingdom has a premium tacked on to its admission. Prices will rise for value and regular seasons, but the peak price will remain unchanged at $124. A mid-tier ticket will rise to $115 from $110.

Prices are for adults do not include tax. Tickets for children 3 to 9 will also become more expensive.

Annual-pass prices will also increase Sunday. Florida-resident gold passes with blockout dates during Christmas and spring break will cost $559, up from $549. Platinum passes with no blockout dates will cost $679, up from $649.

Prices for Disney tickets are typically raised each February, so this is nothing new.

Also starting Sunday: Visitors buying tickets online or on their phones can save $20 on Magic Your Way bundles from three to 10 days. All tickets will now have expiration dates starting Sunday, not just single-day tickets. The dates will vary.

The price of preferred parking, an option added last year, will will also rise to $40.

Disney is also eliminating the “water park fun and more” standalone option, which had combined admission to Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon with a golfing outing or a visit to ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex. Visitors can still get the combo with a park hopper ticket.

A full pricing breakdown is not available as of yet, but should be shortly.

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/02/breaking-walt-disney-world-ticket-annual-pass-price-increases-announced/cinderella-castle-00/

6 hours ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

Platinum passes with no blockout dates will cost $679, up from $649.

That is the AP I am getting

I must be missing something... I don't see them at $649.  I purchased passes back in January and the Platinum (not Platinum plus) was $749... never $649.  I had checked Disney's website last night, before posting, at it was still at $749 :unsure:

4 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

I must be missing something... I don't see them at $649.  I purchased passes back in January and the Platinum (not Platinum plus) was $749... never $649.  I had checked Disney's website last night, before posting, at it was still at $749 :unsure:

I just pulled that out of the info above. Sorry I didnt vet that.