CONFIRMED: Tiered Ticketing and Price Increases

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh look another way to increase prices.  Will the drinks cost more in the summer, coffee and hot chocolate in the winter?   

They could even require a swipe of the Magicband to get toilet paper....and call the program "Swipe to Wipe".  

FL resident APs are already tiered... sort of.  There are different levels of passes/pricing, the less expensive ones with blockout dates.  I suppose it's possible that if this becomes an actual thing

Keep raising prices Disney.

And keep the crowd levels high.

People will still come.

But as for me and my family our trips will be fewer and farther apart. This will be the first summer in many years we will not be making it to the World.

Not because of the money this year. But I'm becoming more and more disenfranchised with the mouse. Too many changes that force us to change the way we like to travel.

Keep raising prices Disney.

And keep the crowd levels high.

People will still come.

But as for me and my family our trips will be fewer and farther apart. This will be the first summer in many years we will not be making it to the World.

Not because of the money this year. But I'm becoming more and more disenfranchised with the mouse. Too many changes that force us to change the way we like to travel.

Would you like to join my Dead Mouse Society?

The problem with the tiered pricing is that the cheapest tier is the current rate, and any weekends bump you up for the whole trip. I never thought I'd be priced out, but it's looking like that could happen. 

You'd be one of the last people I would expect to join my Dead Mouse Society, but membership is open to all.  

You'd be one of the last people I would expect to join my Dead Mouse Society, but membership is open to all.

I'm not going as far to say that, but as a teacher, all my break times are already the most expensive resort times. Coupling that with the way higher ticket prices would be difficult.

Would you like to join my Dead Mouse Society?

Could you change it to the dying mouse society?

We normally go 10 to 14 days in the Summer and 7 to 10 days over Christmas . I just don't think that's going to happen this year. Or even next year.

For me the price increases, if they happen, are just another straw that's breaking the camels back. My back isn't broken yet but it's really sore.

I'm not a planner, I hate the fast pass plus system ,I don't want to have to make dinner reservations six months in advance and plan my day out 60 days in advance. The crowds at Christmas and even in the summertime seem to be getting larger and larger.

I'm not a planner, I hate the fast pass plus system ,I don't want to have to make dinner reservations six months in advance and plan my day out 60 days in advance. The crowds at Christmas and even in the summertime seem to be getting larger and larger.

I AM a planner, and I don't like having to make dinner reservations at 180 or day plans at 60! It's just too much. And now with the changes to site reservations I'm going to have to be Johnny on the spot at 499 days to get a prime date like Halloween? Who plans that far in advance!? And yeah, the crowds, forget about it. More Fort-only vacays may be in my future. 

I have only made three dining reservations for our October trip. One is for 50's Prime. Rachel is a huge television fan and especially loves the old classic shows. So I made that one because I thought she would enjoy it. Jessica wants to see the princesses oh how I love that my 13 year old still wants to visit the princesses and other characters. So I have a lunch reservation at Akershaus. Our last reservation is breakfast at Tusker House because so many have said how great it is. I figured these three reservations were a good compromise between my obsessive planning and DH's non planning personalities.

I have told the girls to just kind of get some ideas down about rides or shows they remember doing that they might want to do again.

Maybe while they're at it they can bring back ride ticket books, start charging for character signatures, and put MagicBand swipe to pay locks on the bathrooms.

:lol: don't give them such good ideas - they're looking for every possible way to extract money from us

But in the spirit of tiered pricing....would you have to pay more for a 2 than for a 1?

:wub: isn't that discrimination - ladies always require the 2 !!!!

I guess day-guests would be s&@t outta luck... no MagicBands!

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:   but it would stop the freeloaders right

Thank you gentlemen best laughs of the entire weekend.

I've only made two reservations so far. One is at Ragland before we see Cirque du Soleil and the other is for the HDDR since we've never seen it.

Hit post to fast.

We really don't like having to plan everything so far on advance. I would much rather wait until we get to The Fort to plan things like dinner since so much depends upon what we are doing day to day.

We just came back from a quick WDW weekend. Overall it was great until we went to Beaches and Cream and were told that since we didn't have a reservation it would be an 1 1/2 to 2 hour wait to get a kitchen sink!

That's ridiculous just to get ice cream.

Welcome to my world.

Last year we stayed at yacht club and went there to get some food and an ice cream and we waited about 46-60 minutes. Luckily it was a resort day and we were hanging out at the pool. Well I wasn't. I was waiting.

My twins just got back from their 8th grade end of middle school trip to WDW.  One of the main comments: "there were a lot of rides that were down because they were broken."  Wondering if they'll use that extra higher tier $ to fix the rides. 

My twins just got back from their 8th grade end of middle school trip to WDW.  One of the main comments: "there were a lot of rides that were down because they were broken."  Wondering if they'll use that extra higher tier $ to fix the rides.

Nah, the extra $$ will go line the pockets of big shot managers

I really have to question how this survey was conducted. After being party to the test trial of the Magic Bands/Fast Pass+  and our horrible experience then and seeing that survey, there was effectively no way to criticize the program at all.

We went to beaches and cream 2 weeks ago. I made a 6pm reservation 6 months in advance. We figured the easiest way to get there from the fort would be boat to MK then bus to beach club. We left our campsite at 4pm. We showed up at Beaches and cream at 6:15. The hostess said we missed our reservation time and it would probably be 45 minutes to an hour. After a grueling 2 hour transportation fiasco, I went off on her. Disney transportation sucks. But I can't complain because it's free. When we finally got in, I felt a little bad since this was our first time here and did not realize how small the place was. Typical Disney crap. Let's advertise something like the kitchen sink and invite guest from all over Disney world to a teeny tiny ice cream shop. They should not even serve burgers and sandwiches here unless they make the place larger

Its funny I have eaten at B&C several times and never waited more than 10 minutes. I didn't even know you could make a ADR for it.

I swear something has changed in the past year or so....the place is a mob scene and good luck getting an ADR unless you are online right at 180 days.  

Is there a Culver's near Disney?