2012 Club Car Precedent - Good Price??

I found a 2012 Club Car Precedent for $1500 and think it is a good price, but can anyone confirm that this is a good deal.

The golf cart has a clean title, strong 48v electric powered by six (6) Oem 8v batteries (1 month old), no scratches or dents and it looks and runs like new. Has brand new street legal light package, brand New SS chrome wheel covers, Oem flip windshield, brand new club car factory high speed code 4, with updated MCOR throttle controller. Runs up to 19 mph.  Also has custom 2 color seats.

It is not fullly customized such as the wheels or lifted, but given all the equipment on the cart it seems like a great deal.  Anything I should check when I go look at it besides the batteries and appearance?

Your feedback is greatly appreciated. 

I agree it seems like too good of a deal....where is it located :)  I've been wanting a golf car.

WBI

It is in Georgia.  Can't give you my source yet.  I hope the deal closes today.  Given it is such a good deal I am a little nervous and is why I want to make sure it is not too good to be true.

It is in Georgia.  Can't give you my source yet.  I hope the deal closes today.  Given it is such a good deal I am a little nervous and is why I want to make sure it is not too good to be true.

ha ha no worries I was just kidding, I wouldn't buy it out from under another Fiend.

I don't blame you I'd be sure and check it out real good because it does seem like a great deal.

WBI

It sounds to good to be true. Make sure of the date of the cart some people put on different dates and also make sure you check the date of the batteries

I know.  I was going to check the date and have looked how to find the tags on Club Car.  Will also check the batteries.

I'll say it again.

Sounds way to good to be true.

8 - 6 volts batteries would set you back about $700-$800. The custom extras would probably cost you another $500-$600.

That car should sell for $3000-$3500 not $1500

Unless this is someone you know very well and is selling it because they have more money than Gump. I would be very leary.

That sounds too good to be legal. I paid $2500 for mine, 2 years old when bought, it is 2009 and drove to South Carolina to get it. It was about 1500 lower than I could find local and I bought 2 of them so check it real well 

Thanks to all for the responses. 

Well it turns out that something is up here as the seller responded one time to me, but when I asked some more questions they never responded.  I also inquired to another craigslist ad and got the same response of how they are not selling the cart, but their brother is and to email them.  My spidey senses say that this is not right for 2 ads to have different emails, but the same verbatim repsonses to contact their brothers. 

At the price of $1500 I agree that something is not right here.  That cart should list for well over $2000 if not closer to $3000 given its age and all the extras on it. 

I will continue my search, but am going to shop at a local golf cart dealer in my area for a deal.  Like they say if it is too good to be true it probably is. 

Check your local golf courses. Members are always upgrading their personal carts for new ones. And sometimes the course might have one they are selling.

Good luck.

I never thoguht of that.  How difficult and expensive is it to upgrade a 2 seat golf cart to a 4 seater then add the lights and maybe a few small extras? 

I read all the comments before responding and wondered when I would see you were getting a run around. I see things all the time on Craig's list like this. Example someone had a pop up toy hauler listed last week for $2k. These are $7k campers and they claimed it was mint. Unfortunately craigslist doesn't have a security system like eBay where you have to b4 legit by providing a credit card to get another account. There are scammers everywhere. I recently got an email recently someone was trying to hack my acct and I needed to log in on their secure site and change my pw via this page. Of course I did it. I entered the username goeffyourself and pw was goeffyourselfagain. My acct is still working lol. I've bought and sold a lot off of craigslist. If someone is serious about selling something they will have no probably talking via phone.

I read all the comments before responding and wondered when I would see you were getting a run around. I see things all the time on Craig's list like this. Example someone had a pop up toy hauler listed last week for $2k. These are $7k campers and they claimed it was mint. Unfortunately craigslist doesn't have a security system like eBay where you have to b4 legit by providing a credit card to get another account. There are scammers everywhere. I recently got an email recently someone was trying to hack my acct and I needed to log in on their secure site and change my pw via this page. Of course I did it. I entered the username goeffyourself and pw was goeffyourselfagain. My acct is still working lol. I've bought and sold a lot off of craigslist. If someone is serious about selling something they will have no probably talking via phone.

I had a feeling it was not legit either.  Amazing that people have time to play around like this.  I like your username and password!!

I never thoguht of that. How difficult and expensive is it to upgrade a 2 seat golf cart to a 4 seater then add the lights and maybe a few small extras?

Adding a backseat is pretty easy if you buy a seat from a company that makes them for your cart and year. I put one on in less than 2 hours by myself. Cost $350-$450.

Lights pretty easy also. You can buy a light kit for your cart. It's been to long since I put mine on to remember the price.

I agree with Donnie. I buy and sell a lot on Craigslist and it's a shame it's getting taken over by scammers advertising items that are worth way more Then what they are selling the item for just to get your personal info. Craigslist us good in someways since they provide an email relay which will not provide your email address. The best one I ran into when the craigslist scamming began years ago was a guy selling a snowmobile in FL for a good price. I wanted to buy it it and sell it up north for 4x the price. Too good to be true. Remember when it comes to golf carts, anything for $1500 will either be junk, old or have issues