Okay everyone.  I have been coming to FW since 1977 and it is my favorite place on earth.  For years we brought our 43' bunk house with our kids.  Now that the kids are all grown up we have sold the bunkhouse and bought a Fleetwood Discovery Motorhome.  We have our annual family trip coming up in February 2016. We are now taking my daughter, her husband and our 3 grandchildren with us in addition to my other daughter and my mother.  Over the years I have seen people set up a small pop up camper behind the motorhome on the same site.

Does anybody know if FW still allows this?  We will have 9 people total which is still under the 10 limit. This will save us a good bit of money. Any thoughts.

Also we always request the 1400 loop and get it 95% of the time.

Yeah, for that one night, we had three vehicles at the site.  All of the tires were on the pavement, which is what I thought the current rule was.  But, I still got the love note.  You can't outsmart the IR's.  They will get you every time!

TCD

They aren't always enforcing that all tires on the pavement. We violated the carp out of that while we were there this past time.

Of course, the sand enforced the rules for someone else.

They aren't always enforcing that all tires on the pavement. We violated the carp out of that while we were there this past time.

Of course, the sand enforced the rules for someone else.

You aren't telling any of who know the Fort management and their ineptitude anything new.

Here are a couple of photos that I snapped for my upcoming 4th of July trip report.

These were my around the loop neighbors in the 900 loop.

That two cars per campsite rule went out the window here:

7%204%2015%20123_zpscgrbekga.jpg

And, the pickup truck parked in the back of this site has zero tires on the pavement:

7%204%2015%20124_zpsckuxi0st.jpg

That's how it goes on holiday weekends.

The IR's are plenty busy harassing guests for other stuff that they seldom make it around the loops to harass the guests like they do during slower times.

TCD

You aren't telling any of who know the Fort management and their ineptitude anything new.

Here are a couple of photos that I snapped for my upcoming 4th of July trip report.

These were my around the loop neighbors in the 200 loop.

And, the pickup truck parked in the back of this site has zero tires on the pavement:

7%204%2015%20124_zpsckuxi0st.jpg

That's how it goes on holiday weekends.

The IR's are plenty busy harassing guests for other stuff that they seldom make it around the loops to harass the guests like they do during slower times.

TCD

That's irritating.   Staying at the Fort, is not cheap; allowing people to break the rules and take advantage just puts more use/abuse on the property and really cheapens the experience for everyone else.  

I really do not see why they would not let a small pup if they allow a tent.  They both will sleep more people , just a little more comfortable in the pup.  I will be able to keep it on the pavement and both of my other vehicles will be parked in the outer lot.  The only other thing we will have is 2 golf carts.

That's irritating.   Staying at the Fort, is not cheap; allowing people to break the rules and take advantage just puts more use/abuse on the property and really cheapens the experience for everyone else.  

Heck yes, it's irritating.

But what else is new?

We've been dealing with irritating for years.

My kids used to bug me to death to let them drive the golf cart before they had their licenses because they saw so many other kids doing it.

The rule used to be only one car per campsite, and I used to dutifully move any extra cars we had out to the overflow lot, only to see others keep two or more cars at their sites.

I don't care what the rules are- but if there are rules, I really wish that they would uniformly enforce them.  For the prices they charge, that is not too much to ask.

I really do not see why they would not let a small pup if they allow a tent.  They both will sleep more people , just a little more comfortable in the pup.  I will be able to keep it on the pavement and both of my other vehicles will be parked in the outer lot.  The only other thing we will have is 2 golf carts.

Yeah, I agree.  But, it's their sandbox, so their rules.

This is one rule that they have been enforcing, and it's been well over a year since I've seen anyone with a pop-up and another RV on one site.

A pop-up parked on a site is a heck of a lot less damaging to the surrounding wilderness than some giant tent that someone has set up off their site.

The idiots in charge don't care if the rules make sense or not.

TCD

It makes sense to me as (more than likely) the PUP will use electricity and water which cost money.  Most PUPS have small refrigerators and an a/c unit; most tents do not.  Plus, personally, I think it looks tacky and because the Fort is not cheap, it needs to be clean and well taken care of.  Shoving as many as you can onto one site is (typically) loud and messy.   I also think that 10 people at one site is too many... but, I know that others might disagree with me so... I'll try and keep quiet  :rolleyes:

These were my around the loop neighbors in the 200 loop.

Sheesh! Which window did it go out of? There are so many to choose from...

This is one rule that they have been enforcing, and it's been well over a year since I've seen anyone with a pop-up and another RV on one site.

Yep! Not sure why, but this does seem to be the one rule they've been consistently enforcing since they decided to do so.

I for one am thankful they allow 10 people or we would not be able to stay on property. I also understand why others wish they would restrict that number to something smaller. We always try to make a small foot print, if you will, wherever we go. We go out of our way to not disturb others camping enjoyment or dining experiences. We try to leave places we stay in as good if not better than we found it. I am always shocked when others do not have this same mindset. I just wish everyone would treat each other the way they would want to be treated and had more respect for the rules.

• 2 weeks later...

There was a birthday party going on a couple sites down from me with several cars which I totally get. That is cool with me. What I don't understand personally is how people can stand for every bit of their space to be taken up. It makes me crazy.

Agreed :) I've got a really small trailer and have plenty of room, but I make it a point to put my truck out in overflow just to keep things cleaner and have plenty of room for visitors to drop by either by car or golf cart :)

At the recent T@B rally we went to, we were in the "group" area with a set of four electric hookups on a single post. There were lots of them spread out throughout the area. Being small trailers we can turn any which way, but not having a separate place to park our vehicles made it a bit chaotic looking. Would have loved to take pictures of a field of lots of T@Bs. However, having the cars near each T@B made that difficult.

Heck yes, it's irritating.

But what else is new?

We've been dealing with irritating for years.

My kids used to bug me to death to let them drive the golf cart before they had their licenses because they saw so many other kids doing it.

The rule used to be only one car per campsite, and I used to dutifully move any extra cars we had out to the overflow lot, only to see others keep two or more cars at their sites.

I don't care what the rules are- but if there are rules, I really wish that they would uniformly enforce them.  For the prices they charge, that is not too much to ask.

A pop-up parked on a site is a heck of a lot less damaging to the surrounding wilderness than some giant tent that someone has set up off their site.

The idiots in charge don't care if the rules make sense or not.

TCD

Of course, either selective enforcement or no enforcement of the rules have always been a sticking point, and everyone has a story they could tell about it.

We once let a friend and her child stay in a tent behind our trailer and, upon arrival, she brought her car down to the site to unload a few items.  Prior to her arrival there was a site across from us that had two cars parked in front of their trailer, (this was before they changed the rules to allow two vehicles), in such a manner as to make it very difficult for anyone to back their trailer into sites on the other side.  There was also a vehicle parked in a natural area between two sites, up from the site we were on. 

The Fort ranger happened to come by while she was unloading and chastised us for having two vehicles and we had to tell him that the vehicle wasn't going to be left there.  Still, he wasn't very nice and said we should have went up to the overflow lot and picked the things up in our vehicle.  Be assured that this extra vehicle was in no way impeding anyone getting by or entering a site, unlike the one directly across from us. 

The icing on the cake was when he left without even noticing, or caring, about the two vehicles in the other site nearly blocking access to others, nor did he even notice the one parked in the natural area one space up from our site.  I wish I could say that this was the only time that I have experienced things such as this, but unfortunately that would not be true.  To this day, I regret not calling his attention to the other violators, but I was thinking, how could he miss them?