From the Disney Parks Blog...

Summertime Update About Retail MagicBands and Accessories at Walt Disney World Resort

NMBU38491-613x526.jpg

As the “Coolest Summer Ever” continues at Walt Disney World Resort, I wanted to give you an update about several new retail MagicBands and accessories. These items are a great way to show your Disney Side during your vacation. Here is a look at some of my favorites.

NMBU38492-613x535.jpg

The open edition retail MagicBands featuring Steamboat Willie and characters from Disney•Pixar’s “Finding Nemo” are currently available in select merchandise locations.

On August 14, we will release two additional open edition retail MagicBands. One will have Winnie the Pooh while the other will feature Jack Skellington from Tim Burton’s “The Nightmare Before Christmas.”

Open edition retail MagicBands have a retail of $19.95 each. Like all other retail MagicBands, these open edition items can be linked later making them great gifts.

NMBU38493-613x368.jpg

At the beginning of the year, we released a retail MagicBand with an image of Cinderella Castle from Magic Kingdom Park. Later this month, we will have three additional open edition retail MagicBands for Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Disney’s Animal Kingdom. I’m thrilled to see Figment on the Epcot-themed MagicBand!

NMBU38494-613x366.jpg

Some of the coolest MagicBand accessories I’ve seen are the attraction-themed MagicSliders. These small rectangular images easily slide onto the side of a MagicBand. They are a great way to either showcase your favorite Disney attractions or to keep track of which ones you’ve experienced.

NMBU38495.jpg

NMBU38496.jpg

There are three attraction sliders per MagicSlider pack. Look for three different packs of Magic Kingdom Park attractions, and two packs each for attractions at Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Disney’s Animal Kingdom. Each pack has a retail of $6.95.

Finally, we are now offering some of the Disney character MagicBands including Mickey Mouse, Goofy and Donald Duck on our Disney Parks online store. You can find them along with select MagicBand accessories by visiting this page.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/08/summertime-update-about-retail-magicbands-and-accessories-at-walt-disney-world-resort/

While still a rumor, this seems to have some legs and is clearly THE most important Magic Band news EVAH...

Is the Elusive Purple Magic Band Coming Soon?
August 8, 2015 by Anonymouse

Hiya boys and girls! How are all my fellow addicts today? Doing great I hope! I am about to make your day even better! I am so excited that I can hardly contain my enthusiasm about the hope that a purple MagicBand might soon be available to us. OMG finally! Purple is the most requested and asked about color. So it makes sense. If this band is released I am hoping it will not be one we have to purchase.

I have been saying forever they need to come out with more colors, especially since I have all the colors and am now collecting duplicates and beyond of each color. I also hear that a beautiful teal color band might soon be out as well. That being said I must give credit where credit is due. I got this gossip from the super cool site magicbandcollectors.com. His site has some great info for us MagicBand collectors/enthusiasts. He gets some great inside info, just like myself, and also like myself is hardly ever wrong.

One thing about this band that stands out is the outer part is black and not dark gray like all the others. But will it stay that way when it gets released? Who know we will have to wait and see. The black makes the color stand out even more. I am all for different color combos as well.

http://www.chipandco.com/elusive-purple-magic-band-coming-217169/

I'm in the process of customizing our bands for our trip and they are shown with black and not gray.

Oh and you can't have the word Damn on them, I just tried to put Damn Fly on my dad's. He was smacking at a fly and said "Damn fly" the fly then was bugging Adam and he said "Damn fly" not knowing it was a bad word but thought it was the name of the fly lol

Nope, no purple. Probably will the day after I can't change mine anymore.

That's what I am thinking will be the case with mine. Right now I have pink for mine in honor and memory of those who have had breast cancer since we will be there in October. I had a gray one in May for brain cancer awareness.