Far as I have read leaving the EPCOT meet and greet area. No word as of now on a new area. Apparently long stretches of te with no one stopping up meet him made it not worth keeping him.

Also I noticed he wasn't meeting in his spot in Cali adventure when we were out there either.

I wonder if they're bring the Kidcot masks back? The year I decided I was going to do one myself was the year they swapped it for Duffy.

I didn't do it.

From Theme Park Tourist...

1. Duffy Bear meet and greet closing for good 

Though Duffy the Disney Bear continues to be a merchandise draw at Walt Disney World as well as other Disney parks around the world, the meet and greet character has never really taken off with Epcot guests. While Duffy has been a fixture at the International Gateway of the World Showcase for several years, most guests find themselves simply walking right past this character experience, with Duffy simply standing by himself for long stretches of time with no guests to entertain. 

Unsurprisingly, it looks like the unpopularity of this character has finally prompted some action from Disney, as the Disney Hipster Blog reported yesterday that Duffy the Disney Bear will meet his last fan this fall, on October 3rd, and will then be sailing off into the sunset for good.  

Given the location of this meet and greet, it is unlikely that Epcot is looking to replace Duffy, and will probably leave this area vacant for the time being. While the loss of Duffy is certainly sad for his fans (this bear had quite the cult following!), this meet and greet never quite made sense in its current location. Though a move has not been confirmed for Duffy, we wouldn’t be surprised if this bear makes an appearance somewhere else at Walt Disney World (perhaps at the new Disney Springs?) Either way, if you want to see Duffy one last time, you only have a few more weeks left to do so!

http://www.themeparktourist.com/news/20150807/30468/4-confirmed-changes-coming-epcot-end-year

We liked him and my daughter has slept with her Duffy every night since we got him in 2011. We call her Claire Bear, so when she met him she said, "Hi Duffy Bear, I'm Claire Bear". So we have a relationship with him. I hope its a rumor.....

Best Regards,

Norm

... I couldn't imagine one of the characters my kids grew up with getting the axe. 

He has a really cute story along with Shellie May. It is a shame more people didn't learn it. It helps tie the cruise line to Disney for me.

I think he's super cute, and all the outfits and accessories makes him a fun collectible, but the issue for me (and maybe others?) was that I couldn't make the "Disney connection." 

He had no Disney history like the other characters - beyond what he was "launched" with, and while I know they created a back story for him, he still just seemed kind of random to me.

My son has one of the original "Disney Bears" and the story book that went along with it...telling the story of how he was Mickey's bear and Tinker Bell used pixie dust to allow him to come alive and tour Magic Kingdom with Mickey.  It was a cute story and my kids loved the book because it talked about Magic Kingdom.  Then all of a sudden, they changed his name to "Duffy" and had this whole different story about how Minnie made him for Mickey and they were confused and not a fan.  

Word on the street is that Duffy will be replaced at his meet and greet location with Daisy Duck...

Update On Duffy The Disney Bear Leaving Epcot And His Replacement
August 11, 2015 by Doctor Disney

Yesterday, it was reported that Duffy the Disney Bear would be leaving Epcot at the beginning of October, and now it appears there is some confirmation and also news on his replacement.

A very reliable source has confirmed that after Oct. 4, 2015, Duffy the Disney Bear will no longer have a meet-and-greet at Epcot.

That changes a little from the rumored date of Oct. 3, 2015, being his last day at Epcot, but not a whole lot. Either way, it appears as if Duffy the Disney Bear will be gone from World Showcase as of the beginning  of October.

Replacing him is going to be Daisy Duck who will be leaving her meet-and-greet location at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. She will now be taking up residence in the gazebo at the beginning of Epcot’s World Showcase.

As of now, this is the latest character schedule that is being told to CMs. A lot could change between now and the beginning of October, but it appears as if this is how things are going to go with Duffy out at Epcot and Daisy Duck taking his place.

http://www.doctordisney.com/2015/08/11/update-on-duffy-the-disney-bear-leaving-epcot-and-his-replacement/

• 1 month later...

Confirmed...

Beginning Sunday, October 4, Epcot Guests will be able to meet Daisy Duck at the gazebo near Showcase Plaza (the large area located between the two stores, near the entrance of World Showcase). As a result of this adjustment, Duffy the Disney Bear’s last day at Epcot will be Saturday, October 3, 2015.

Duffy the Disney Bear merchandise will remain available for purchase in multiple locations throughout the Walt Disney World Resort, including Epcot's shops.

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2015/09/duffy-disney-bear-leaves-epcot-to-make.html