The first folks next to us on our last trip had an artistic daughter who had a number of chalk drawings and pine cone art on their pad and I heard no complaints. I say go for it. The worst that could happen is they would ask you to stop and wash it off which I doubt they will.

We do chalk drawings every trip, but as the kids in our clan have increased and along with it the number of feet they can cover in chalk I've noticed that the chalk dust gets drug onto our outdoor carpet more than I would like. I now limit the chalk to a safe distance from under our awning.

Sidewalk chalk used to be huge with the TCD gang.

Here's a photo from the TCD archives from a Fort trip in February, 1999:

7.jpg

There's Twin #1 blowing some bubbles (also a big hit with the TCD gang) and some of the TCD girls' chalk artwork in the background.

TCD

So cute!

I have decided that this topic deserves more than opinions from the so called experts, so I have consulted with the Grand Poobah of the Fort to get the straight skinny. Larry says no chalk. It is harmful to the asphalt and could endanger the armadillo population should they ingest it and it interfere with their reproductive cycle.

I have decided that this topic deserves more than opinions from the so called experts, so I have consulted with the Grand Poobah of the Fort to get the straight skinny. Larry says no chalk. It is harmful to the asphalt and could endanger the armadillo population should they ingest it and it interfere with their reproductive cycle.

I would pay big bucks for a photo of Larry in a fez.

Well, darn.

It's always fun until Larry has to butt in.

TCD

Well, darn.

It's always fun until Larry has to butt in.

TCD

In all fairness to Lars, I did rope him into this. His reply actually was much longer, more eloquent, lacking in punctuation and peppered with IMHO's. I have provided an abridged version.

By the way, TCD, tell your daughter I have some spiffy jokes for her to use on the Jungle Cruise. One of them about the backside of water is HIGH LAR EE OUS!

In all fairness to Lars, I did rope him into this. His reply actually was much longer, more eloquent, lacking in punctuation and peppered with IMHO's. I have provided an abridged version.

LOL.  Thanks for sparing us.

By the way, TCD, tell your daughter I have some spiffy jokes for her to use on the Jungle Cruise. One of them about the backside of water is HIGH LAR EE OUS!

The back side of water!  That's some funny stuff.  Send me the jokes, and I'll pass them on.

I'm not sure they'll get used though, she's already said thanks but no thanks to my joke writing offer.

It turns out there are rules about appropriateness and such.

Who knew?

TCD

thank-you-smiley-emoticon.gif

True.

But she just finished her training and is now an official Skipper on the World Famous Jungle Cruise at Disneyland!

I'll take credit for that!

TCD

Nice!!!

True.

But she just finished her training and is now an official Skipper on the World Famous Jungle Cruise at Disneyland!

I'll take credit for that!

TCD

Congratulation to your daughter (and you) - Jungle Cruise is my favourite ride.

I love that line - I wait for it counting out the timing on their delivery!!!