Test of "NEW" Fort check in prodcedures?

Maybe this info should be added to the App?  I dont know who built it, but its  nice to know if a site flood or not during heavy rains

Maybe add a comment to the site pictures?

It was a great site except for it being a lake.

If you look at the other sites, the sand pad looks similar, but it sure doesn't drain.

The surrounding dirt is as high as the tops of the wooden frame, maybe that's the issue?

You can see pictures in my trip report.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, I can see it not working out too well at the Fort.   You go to a hotel, and one room is pretty much the same as the next.   Maybe you want a particular one because something memorable happened t

I suppose someone might be factoring in that check-in time is technically 1pm, but we all know (as do they) that campers show up at all times.   Plus if I'm at a resort, I can't open the door and stan

Discussions flying back and forth on that others sites FB page about a check in test this weekend at the Fort.   Some people are saying that they did the on line check in, then got a call or a text te

Arrived yesterday. I did the online check in and went through the normal lines as usual. No text message or special line.

That "test" was probably a one-time deal to help move folks into the sites for Labor Day weekend when it had been slow and there were plenty of empty sites to assign.

I don't think we will ever see a system at the Fort like they are using at the other resorts where rooms are assigned via text message.

We might see some hodge-podge variation of it again for the next holiday weekend.  But, they obviously don't care about improving efficiency or making things easier for guests during normal times of the year.

TCD

We have never waited longer than 10 minutes to check in, guess we are just lucky.

One way to speed up check in, is to have a couple of newbie lines, and 3 or 4 veterans lines.

Ranger asks if this is your first time, "yes" he puts a yellow card on your windshield, and the big hand person waves you to the newbie lanes.

That way if you've been there done that, you go to the veteran line, get your stuff and move on out.

Newbies (and we are were one once or twice) are the ones that hold up the lines asking a million questions.

And if you think the campsite lines are long, go inside and see what it's like for a cabin check in.

The question should be are you going to be a pain in the ___?  Veteran campers hold the line up as well because they know where they want to be and argue to get it.  I have rarely checked in in less than 10 mins.  It never seems to fail I get behind "that" guest.  I spent 30 minutes in line when there was just the person at the window in front of me.  Even the couple of times there was no line at all they were training a CM and it takes forever.  I would so love to be text my site number and skip the check in altogether.  They could save a small fortune not having to pass out the welcome pamphlets.   

The question should be are you going to be a pain in the ___? Veteran campers hold the line up as well because they know where they want to be and argue to get it. I have rarely checked in in less than 10 mins. It never seems to fail I get behind "that" guest. I spent 30 minutes in line when there was just the person at the window in front of me. Even the couple of times there was no line at all they were training a CM and it takes forever. I would so love to be text my site number and skip the check in altogether. They could save a small fortune not having to pass out the welcome pamphlets.

Exactly. When we checked in Thursday, we waited behind someone who made sure to pass us on World Drive, cut us off to get in front of us at the toll gate and then took about 20 minutes arguing at check in. We did the online check in and we're through in 5 minutes. I think if they had a dedicated online check in line that may help some although a text message would be great.

Newbies (and we are were one once or twice) are the ones that hold up the lines asking a million questions.

I was a newbie and never held up the line. Just give me my site number, gate key/MB's and map and I am on my way. I much rather figure everything else out at my site with a beer in the shade.  ;) 

I was a newbie and never held up the line. Just give me my site number, gate key/MB's and map and I am on my way. I much rather figure everything else out at my site with a beer in the shade.  ;)

Ill be a newbie in December, although I have been there many times, I have not been the one driving, so I am with you Keith, gimmie my stuff and point me where to go, ill figure it all out and drink a beer

I hate to say it, but sometimes we are "those" people. Gotta love him, but my dear Rick INSISTS on being steps from a comfort station. We are usually accommodated, but on the times we are not, we spend time with them seeing what else is available. Grrrrrrrr

Just wanted to add that when we checked in on Thursday, the guard told us to feel free to use the gate the busses use since the construction of the new shack is causing some congestion for people trying to use the gate there.

Guess they need to pass that info to the Check-In CM's.

She told us flat out that MB's don't work at the bus gate, but my daughter discovered that they work there better than the front gate.

Guess they need to pass that info to the Check-In CM's.

She told us flat out that MB's don't work at the bus gate, but my daughter discovered that they work there better than the front gate.

We used our MBs at the bus gate the whole time we were there last November and also in May - no problemo.

Would like to see a dedicated line for online check in.  I thought the point of online was to speed things up.  So wouldn't one line help???

I hate to say it, but sometimes we are "those" people. Gotta love him, but my dear Rick INSISTS on being steps from a comfort station. We are usually accommodated, but on the times we are not, we spend time with them seeing what else is available. Grrrrrrrr

And, don't y'all usually do on-line check-in, Carol?

Having one on-line check-in lane isn't necessarily going to make things go quicker.  There have been times in the past when they had one, but they would direct regular reservations into that lane if it was empty, and you could still have a guest use that lane, and then ask for changes to the reservation after learning or their site assignment.

At the other resorts, they do have a dedicated window and separate queue for guests who did on-line check in.  The last time I did this, at All Star Movies, I stood in that queue with smoke coming out of my ears as the lone CM assigned to the on-line check in lane had a long conversation with one guest, while the guests in the regular queue were constantly moving, and being served by four or five CM's.  There was an IM standing back there watching it all.  After about ten minutes, it finally dawned on her to step in and help the next guest in the on-line check in queue. It took me about 5 minutes more to be helped.  That same CM and guest were still engaged in their lengthy conversation as I headed to my room. 

It's just the luck of the draw whether you're going to have a long wait at check in or not.

TCD

And, don't y'all usually do on-line check-in, Carol?

Having one on-line check-in lane isn't necessarily going to make things go quicker.  There have been times in the past when they had one, but they would direct regular reservations into that lane if it was empty, and you could still have a guest use that lane, and then ask for changes to the reservation after learning or their site assignment.

At the other resorts, they do have a dedicated window and separate queue for guests who did on-line check in.  The last time I did this, at All Star Movies, I stood in that queue with smoke coming out of my ears as the lone CM assigned to the on-line check in lane had a long conversation with one guest, while the guests in the regular queue were constantly moving, and being served by four or five CM's.  There was an IM standing back there watching it all.  After about ten minutes, it finally dawned on her to step in and help the next guest in the on-line check in queue. It took me about 5 minutes more to be helped.  That same CM and guest were still engaged in their lengthy conversation as I headed to my room. 

It's just the luck of the draw whether you're going to have a long wait at check in or not.

TCD

That's not just Disney.

I was in a regular line at a hotel checking in.  There was a separate line for the Honors/Gold/Extra Special People to check in.  Same thing, someone in that line was being Extra "Special" and screwing up everyone behind them.  I was checked in and back out to park the car, and they were still at the counter.

I don't understand the point of having to check in with a person if you are doing online check in. Just text me the room/site number and a link to the information I am suppose to read but never will.Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

they catch you,at,the guard shack where you,would have to,stop anyway. They would give you,your packet, see if you had any questions, and send you on your way.

they catch you,at,the guard shack where you,would have to,stop anyway. They would give you,your packet, see if you had any questions, and send you on your way.

BUT, if you had your site number already AND your Magic Bands, you could go in the back gate and use your Magic Band and avoid even the guard shack. The only thing you wouldn't have is a parking pass.