Keep Bailing, the Water's Rising Fast!

We were in 1511 last December, January and February - we had a friend in 1510 - every time it rained there was a lake between the two sites - sometimes bigger, sometimes smaller.  But even between storms it never did completely dry out and stayed muddy.

Thankfully we were both in Class Bs so didn't get wet.  But the kitchen tents did take a beating.

By the time we left, the lake between 10 and 11 had grown substantially

The big issue was we had a lake in the 1510 sand pad, and all of the others in the 1500 loop were dry.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please don't take this as my normal negative self, but a few things: 1. Your from Tampa and places that normally don't flood, have flooded this year. Neighborhoods by my home in Trinity are still cle

Did I miss the mention of the bus gate and magic bands?

Best Regards,

Norm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess I left it out of this version. At checkin, we were told that they would only work at the guard shack gate and not at the bus gate.

My daughters band didn't work at the return gate, they had to buzz her in. Later she went to the bus gate and she said that she didn't even have to touch it to the reader, just had to get it close.

Enjoyed the pictures! Crazy check out line. You have a good looking family and adorable grandchildren.

My granddaughter and I were heading to the Meadow TP when I took the picture.  The main road in front of the TP was just as bad.

We  shopped about 15-20 minutes, walked back to 1500, and the line was gone.  We pulled out, and the end of the line was right near the horse crossing just before the Outpost.

Amazing how fast it cleared up.

Yeah, they are pretty amazing.

Great job on this TR, Mark.

I'm glad that you got the photos posted, and I especially liked the one showing a 10 year difference in the age of your kids.  Amazing how that happens, and I'll bet you look exactly the same, right?

I always say things have a way of evening out, so that means your are going to have great weather on your next trip to the Fort.

TCD

Great job on this TR, Mark.

I'm glad that you got the photos posted, and I especially liked the one showing a 10 year difference in the age of your kids.  Amazing how that happens, and I'll bet you look exactly the same, right?

I always say things have a way of evening out, so that means your are going to have great weather on your next trip to the Fort.

TCD

I hope so too, or else there's going to be a lot of upset Trick or Treaters!

My middle daughter put that photo together.

Congrats on finally being able to finish posting the pics.

Good looking family. That check out line sure isn't something I would want to be stuck in.

It was surprising how fast the line went down.

My wife had been reading some posts on how many campers were checking in on our arrival Friday, so we were preparing for the worst, but we got thru the check in process in about 10 to 15 minutes

Great report!

Sorry about all the flooding.

Another fan of crockpots and the crockpot liners here. Even DH is a fan of the liners. He initially said they were just a waste of money.

If you have an Aldi's nearby, they sell their own brand and they are a lot cheaper than the name brand.

I've even seen them at Dollar Tree, 2 in a box for $1.

They are really nothing more than the oven roasting bags, just a different shape.

If you have an Aldi's nearby, they sell their own brand and they are a lot cheaper than the name brand.

I've even seen them at Dollar Tree, 2 in a box for $1.

They are really nothing more than the oven roasting bags, just a different shape.

Good to know there is another option besides the name brand. I havent looked to be honest but will keep my eyes open now. Thanks for the trip report. Great looking family and having a good time in spite of the rain.