We're at the Fort now.  We have two flatscreen tv's an RCA and a Vizio.  The RCA is about two years old and the Vizio was just installed after we arrived here this December.  We also have the missing channel problem on both sets.  Around 20-x until 55-1.  The missing ones all programmed in the scans as mentioned above but produced only a channel number and a blue screen with a "No Signal" box.... and IIRC,  all had HD in their titles.  They may be the same as ther upper channels...55-1 to 66-4.  To be sure, you can receive all the Disney stations...and the ESPN stations except SEC.   Last year I broke down all the actual available channels and they only went through 31.4.

We are having the same issue. When I got the modem kit, the CM asked me if my cable was working right or if I needed the box for that. I didn't know as we weren't even in our site yet. There was a waiting list so I went ahead and got on it. (Still waiting.). Our MH is '13 or '14, so the flatscreens we have should be fairly new. My husband switched to antenna.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's the line up   DISNEY DISNEY ESPN ABC DISNEY ESPN10 ABC FAMILY DISNEY ABC ALASKA ABC TAIWAN DISNEY ABC FAMILY AGAIN ESPN 3 ESPN SPANISH ESPN FARSI MORE DISNEY SOMETHING YOU DON'T NEED TO WATCH B

Oy vey.   Why can't the Fort have the same channel lineup as the other resorts?   TCD

The heart of it is probably the programming providers digital process. Here at home, even our secondary TVs now require a small box to get the programming provided by our cable company. No more "just

Last year I broke down all the actual available channels and they only went through 31.4.

That matches up with the line-up posted in the first post on this thread (from 2014).

So, did they just reassign numbers, or have channels been dropped, or what?

They used to provide a channel line-up with the cable boxes.  Do they still, and has it been updated?

TCD

From what I've gathered, they have changed television providers, and those middle channels, while available on the providers system, are not part of the programming package purchased by Disney.

So, in the hotels, they can go to the trouble of deleting those channels from those scanned, AND put a special box in each of the rooms to filter those channels out. But since we are all using our own TVs, those will still scan in, but will not get signal.

On most new TVs, there is a way to "turn off" channels in the lineup that don't scan in, so that when when you thumb up and down, they don't appear in your searching. Most of us are not at the Fort for a long of enough stay to take the time to fool with that, so we'll just have a block of channels that we have to flip past to get to what we want to see.

From what I've gathered, they have changed television providers, and those middle channels, while available on the providers system, are not part of the programming package purchased by Disney.

So, in the hotels, they can go to the trouble of deleting those channels from those scanned, AND put a special box in each of the rooms to filter those channels out. But since we are all using our own TVs, those will still scan in, but will not get signal.

On most new TVs, there is a way to "turn off" channels in the lineup that don't scan in, so that when when you thumb up and down, they don't appear in your searching. Most of us are not at the Fort for a long of enough stay to take the time to fool with that, so we'll just have a block of channels that we have to flip past to get to what we want to see.

I think I understand what you're saying:

The Fort is run by a bunch of idiots.

This whacky cable stuff has been going on for at least three years now.  The Fort's channels do not line up with the other Disney resort TV channels.  Certainly a company with Disney's resources could figure this out, and make it easier for Fort guests.

TCD

I think I understand what you're saying:

The Fort is run by a bunch of idiots.

This whacky cable stuff has been going on for at least three years now.  The Fort's channels do not line up with the other Disney resort TV channels.  Certainly a company with Disney's resources could figure this out, and make it easier for Fort guests.

TCD

The heart of it is probably the programming providers digital process. Here at home, even our secondary TVs now require a small box to get the programming provided by our cable company. No more "just straight out of the wall". Also, out particular cable company has upgraded those little boxes at least once since we got them, and they sent out a message, to bring our existing ones back in for a trade-in. 

So, should Disney start keeping up with a minimum of 799 of those little boxes and the check-in and check out of those little boxes? I'm honestly happy that there is still any option for "straight out of the wall" and don't care that we have to flip though a few scrambled channels to see the little bit of TV that we do.

The only thing I'm really upset with, is that they don't carry the SEC channel!!!!! When your property is in the heart of SEC country, Disney not carrying a channel they own is DUMB!

I'm sure it's they don't want to have to pay themselves the licensing fees to carry their own channel.

LOL. That's probably true in a way.  I think they're using DirectTV for their provider.  They probably got a really good deal, and the SEC Network would cost more.

I've also heard that Disney doesn't want their resort TV to be great-they don't want guests sitting in their rooms watching TV- they want them out in the parks spending money.

TCD

I think they're using DirectTV for their provider.

TCD

Yep and DIRECT is owned by ATT who just happens to be DISNEY's cell provider too.

I also heard a couple years ago that not all flat screens will accept direct cable scans as there are two digital formats. Some accept both some don't. As Carol said many homes now need a box for all channels.

• 4 months later...

Here's the latest TV line-up from the Fort.  This two sided card was in my check-in packet on April 22, 2016:

FW%20TV_zps7ctghjko.jpg

FW%20TV.2_zps9sffgzzn.jpg

Using one of the cable boxes from the Meadow Trading Post, I checked the list, and it is accurate-except for there was a classic Disney cartoon station I saw scrolling through the channels which is not listed on the guide, and there's a Stacy Channel without the Spanish subtitles, which is not listed on the guide either.

TCD

A-HA!  The latest TCD list corresponds to my experience with the missing channels all having HD in their titles, and the upper channels having SD in THEIR titles.

Now, at River Plantation (Sevierville TN)  one of my TVs searches and finds all analog stations and the other finds only digital stations.  About 60 similar or equal stations in each set, except a few of the analog stations are snowy.  "Discuss among yourselves."

On 5/5/2016 at 6:24 PM, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

When we were at the fort last fall, we could receive maybe 20% of the channels on the list.  Hope that changes.

We are at the Fort right now. As far as I have experienced so far, all of the channels are there now.

On 5/5/2016 at 0:46 PM, Retired and Happy (Ken) said:

A-HA!  The latest TCD list corresponds to my experience with the missing channels all having HD in their titles, and the upper channels having SD in THEIR titles.

Now, at River Plantation (Sevierville TN)  one of my TVs searches and finds all analog stations and the other finds only digital stations.  About 60 similar or equal stations in each set, except a few of the analog stations are snowy.  "Discuss among yourselves."

We stay at River Plantation when visiting Dollywood and I have never stayed at a site that has watchable cable.  I'm told that some sites have a picture that you can actually watch, but we are not that lucky, so I always bring my satellite setup and make sure my site has a view of the southern sky.  Other than that, we love the campground.