• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Im with you on having the trailer stocked with its own stuff. It makes it much easier when it comes time to load and unload. Some our stuff was extras from around the house, garage sale finds, or boug

Im with you on having the trailer stocked with its own stuff. It makes it much easier when it comes time to load and unload. Some our stuff was extras from around the house, garage sale finds, or boug

Count us among the separate equipment for camping group. Before we bought our PUP we had already equipped ourselves with a lot of basics for when we did our tent camping road trip. We ended up updatin

It looks like it's going to be unanimous- I also try to keep all of the equipment I need in the camper so it's ready to go.

I have a master list that I've developed over the years of things that I don't keep in the camper, but that I bring on each trip.  With a pop-up, there's not room for everything in the camper, and I also don't leave electronics in there, so there's a shelf in the garage where I keep that stuff.  Some of this stuff doubles as emergency hurricane supplies- small propane tanks, battery operated radio,  flashlights, etc.  Living in Florida, you know about that.

One small trick that works for me is that I bring beach towels (2 per person) rather than regular bath towels.  Those can be brought to the comfort stations or the pool/water parks.  Also, I have everyone bring their pillows from their beds at home. Those go in the tow vehicle, as the kids can use those for napping, and there's no need for an extra set to store.

I also keep paper goods and disposable utensils stocked in the camper, including aluminum foil,  TP and paper towels.  I make it a point to keep a list of supplies I need to replenish, as you are likely to forget to restock when you are getting ready for your next trip.  You can also use that list to remind yourself of things that you wish you had brought, and it will help you to remember to bring it next time.

I agree with the advice not to buy too much stuff.  One frying pan and a couple of pots are all that you really need.  I don't think you need a whole mixing bowl set- just get a couple of large bowls.  Those can be used to mix batter for pancakes, or as serving bowls, when needed.

You mentioned a Coleman lantern.  If you don't have any, consider getting a couple of clip-on spot-lights to bring.  Unless you're dry camping someplace, you're going to have electricity, and you may as well use it rather than having to buy fuel.  The electric is safer too.

TCD

We have a mostly stocked kitchen with our old kitchen stuff.  I even had old dishes, but removed them as 1) they take up too much room and B) they have to be washed by hand so we just use paper products.  

Things that we move back and forth:

Crock Pot

Keurig

Toaster oven (we have a cheap toaster on board, but I have Celiac and need my own, plus I use it as the oven whenever possible)

So, all 3 of those have been forgotten at some point, either at home or on the camper when we get home.  I just bought a $9 coffee maker at W-M last night to keep on board.  We will just have to have coffee the old fashioned way now. ;-)  I would like to also buy a cheap toaster oven and Crock Pot to keep on board, but my husband thinks it's not necessary to have 2 of each, so I have to buy them one at a time and sneak them in.

We have a mostly stocked kitchen with our old kitchen stuff.  I even had old dishes, but removed them as 1) they take up too much room and B) they have to be washed by hand so we just use paper products.  

Things that we move back and forth:

Crock Pot

Keurig

Toaster oven (we have a cheap toaster on board, but I have Celiac and need my own, plus I use it as the oven whenever possible)

So, all 3 of those have been forgotten at some point, either at home or on the camper when we get home.  I just bought a $9 coffee maker at W-M last night to keep on board.  We will just have to have coffee the old fashioned way now. ;-)  I would like to also buy a cheap toaster oven and Crock Pot to keep on board, but my husband thinks it's not necessary to have 2 of each, so I have to buy them one at a time and sneak them in.

You should look for one of the Keurig type French Press machines.

There are numerous brands out there.  We got ours brand new at a Goodwill for $2.50.

71OVhTbOaKL._SL1500_.jpg

Some of them come with the refillable cups, some put the coffee into an attached reservoir

You boil the water, put your K-Cup in, pour the water in and slowly press.

There are 2 needles just like the electric ones that puncture the cups.

You should look for one of the Keurig type French Press machines.

There are numerous brands out there.  We got ours brand new at a Goodwill for $2.50.

71OVhTbOaKL._SL1500_.jpg

Some of them come with the refillable cups, some put the coffee into an attached reservoir

You boil the water, put your K-Cup in, pour the water in and slowly press.

There are 2 needles just like the electric ones that puncture the cups.

Interesting. Thanks for the tip.

I haven't seen one of those kuerig French press machines before.  That's nifty.  But, you still have to boil the water.  I'll stick with my old coffee maker.  That French Press would be good to have for hurricane times, though.  I have a regular French press.  Which works fine, but there's always a mess to clean up after.

TCD

I haven't seen one of those kuerig French press machines before.  That's nifty.  But, you still have to boil the water.  I'll stick with my old coffee maker.  That French Press would be good to have for hurricane times, though.  I have a regular French press.  Which works fine, but there's always a mess to clean up after.

TCD

Granted, you do have to boil water.  We did it backwards, ran water thru the coffee maker to get the hot water then used it in the press.

If you had an electric tea kettle, or a microwave they would work also.

This doesn't make a mess since the coffee is in the K-cups.

It worked surprisingly well.

It's good if everyone likes different types of blends, flavors, etc.

Granted, you do have to boil water.  We did it backwards, ran water thru the coffee maker to get the hot water then used it in the press.

If you had an electric tea kettle, or a microwave they would work also.

This doesn't make a mess since the coffee is in the K-cups.

It worked surprisingly well.

It's good if everyone likes different types of blends, flavors, etc.

LOL.  It would have been quicker (and cheaper) to use the coffee maker to make coffee.

I like the convenience of the K-cups, but they're expensive, and not great if you have several people who want to drink coffee at the same time.

We have a Kuerig at home which is now in the closet.  We brought back our original coffee maker.  I like it better.

TCD

LOL.  It would have been quicker (and cheaper) to use the coffee maker to make coffee.

I like the convenience of the K-cups, but they're expensive, and not great if you have several people who want to drink coffee at the same time.

We have a Kuerig at home which is now in the closet.  We brought back our original coffee maker.  I like it better.

TCD

True, but see my last line. Works good for different blends.

A pot of water will make 3 or 4 K-cups so there's not a lot of waiting.

Things I still want/need

1. Toaster

2. Griddle

3. Mixing bowl

I got everything else, and our first camping trip is in 55 days.

I still need linens, and I think I'll do the beach towel as suggested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toaster, Single Cup Keurig, Crock Pot all had to be color matched in Bama colors.  Also have some old hard dishes, but use mostly plastic/foam/paper.  Foil, Saran Wrap, bendable straws, spices, many boxed goods, most canned goods all stay in the MH.  Some are rotated to the house when we run out of something we need immediately.  And we occasionally find a can with domed ends we had overlooked that goes in the trash.  Somewhat seasonal clothes stay in the MH, but we need some of everything for the Fort every winter.  Bedding returns out there after laundering from a trip.  OTC meds and supplies for cleaning the MH and us are left out there.  Small gas grill and utensils stay, but I often find more utensils than I had the previous trip.

For our family, extra kids stuff like diapers, liners, formula, bed pads, O2, etc are counted and replenished as needed.

Also we I keep a few drinks in the fridge and some snacks for when the dog and I are "working" out there.

All on all, pretty much ready to go most of the time, but most stuff came from existing stock...except the "Bama" stuff.  (War Eagle!)

Oh, I forgot she just bought some NuWave stuff for induction cooking.  We'll see how that works.

Toaster, Single Cup Keurig, Crock Pot all had to be color matched in Bama colors.  Also have some old hard dishes, but use mostly plastic/foam/paper.  Foil, Saran Wrap, bendable straws, spices, many boxed goods, most canned goods all stay in the MH.  Some are rotated to the house when we run out of something we need immediately.  And we occasionally find a can with domed ends we had overlooked that goes in the trash.  Somewhat seasonal clothes stay in the MH, but we need some of everything for the Fort every winter.  Bedding returns out there after laundering from a trip.  OTC meds and supplies for cleaning the MH and us are left out there.  Small gas grill and utensils stay, but I often find more utensils than I had the previous trip.

For our family, extra kids stuff like diapers, liners, formula, bed pads, O2, etc are counted and replenished as needed.

Also we I keep a few drinks in the fridge and some snacks for when the dog and I are "working" out there.

All on all, pretty much ready to go most of the time, but most stuff came from existing stock...except the "Bama" stuff.  (War Eagle!)

Oh, I forgot she just bought some NuWave stuff for induction cooking.  We'll see how that works.

We have the NuWave induction cook top and the NuWave oven in the MH love them

We do the beach towel thing too. I try and pick the thinner type (like Disney store) and not the thicker, plush type. Take up too much space and take longer to dry.

We always seem to have a running list of things we realized we want/need. Chip clips, stuff to put left overs in, etc.

Most of my kitchen for the RV was stocked from extras in my kitchen.  There were a few purchases that had to happen; the small 4 cup coffee maker with the metal pot was essential.  We had to buy sheets and a mattress pad for the bed as the RV is a short queen and we have a king in our house; however, the extra blankets from the house and comforters go on the bed.  We had extra pillows so they went in the house.  All of the bedding goes in space bags when we are not using it with bounce sheets to keep it fresh.  Our towels are older ones from the house, but I did have to buy wash clothes so they are striped and I know that they belong in the RV. 

We used the RV over the last couple of years here in GA when we were working on the house before we permanently moved from NY.  We actually stayed full time in the RV last summer - fall until the house was finished enough to move in.  So when I cleaned the RV last November I removed all foods and my cast iron cookware.  I will be putting stuff back in this next week in preparation of our upcoming trip. 

Best advice, use the extra stuff from the house first then purchase what you need for cooking, etc. but leave the stuff in the RV once it is there. 

At my age, especially after we moved from NH to Florida 2 years ago, there is no extra stuff.

So it's all new stuff for us at this time.

I did find a nice 17 piece oxo set that is on sale this week at target, marked down to $29 from $45

It has a larger turner

Slotted spoon

Spoon

Tongs

Can opener

Peeler

Measuring cups

Measuring spoons

Grater

Ext ext... It's a kitchen in a box

And if you buy the tabs for your dishwasher, when you buy 2 you get a $5 gc, I used that on the set and it set me back $24

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk